Adios amigos! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-29-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
rob.james.arias

Adios amigos!

Well I have sold the mustang, and replaced it with a much different ride. Purchased a 2016 cooper S hardtop. The mustang will be my last Ford product for as long as I can tell. Been a faithful Ford owner since 1994.

A combination of poor reliability and service issues in the last decade have lead to this decision. The cooper is completely different. Even the buying experience was a joy. Bitter sweet goodbye, as I really liked the new ecoboost mustang. With the unresolved airbag recall, factory paint issues and repeat lower control arm issues I got taken on my trade.

free photo hosting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2015, 03:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.james.arias View Post
Well I have sold the mustang, and replaced it with a much different ride. Purchased a 2016 cooper S hardtop. The mustang will be my last Ford product for as long as I can tell. Been a faithful Ford owner since 1994.

A combination of poor reliability and service issues in the last decade have lead to this decision. The cooper is completely different. Even the buying experience was a joy. Bitter sweet goodbye, as I really liked the new ecoboost mustang. With the unresolved airbag recall, factory paint issues and repeat lower control arm issues I got taken on my trade.

free photo hosting
Just so you know, the unresolved air bag issue isn't on Ford solely, or really at all. Takata manufactures the parts, and Ford has to wait to receive the parts. Takata also hid the results that showed the airbags being defective. So that point is null and void.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:25 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
I hope you enjoy your Mini Cooper, but if you think about us --- come back here when you have 50,000 miles on the Mini and let us know how you like it compared to the repair record on your Ford.....................Some years of the Mini have been better than others, and I hope you got a good one.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2015, 03:26 PM   #4
rob.james.arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Just so you know, the unresolved air bag issue isn't on Ford solely. Takata manufactures the parts, and Ford has to wait to receive the parts.

Yes, I'm aware. The issue was more about trying to trade it in even to a ford dealership. No ford dealership within a hundred miles would even make an offer. I can't fault them for that other than it was frustrating.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Yes, I'm aware. The issue was more about trying to trade it in even to a ford dealership. No ford dealership within a hundred miles would even make an offer. I can't fault them for that other than it was frustrating.
They can't because it is illegal to take it with an open unresolved recall.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:28 PM   #6
rob.james.arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
I hope you enjoy your Mini Cooper, but if you think about us --- come back here when you have 50,000 miles on the Mini and let us know how you like it compared to the repair record on your Ford.....................Some years of the Mini have been better than others, and I hope you got a good one.
I purchased the extended warranty, and possibly wisely, for this reason. I like how when they are fixing your mini, at no extra charge they will pick up your car and drop off amino for you to drive until it's fixed.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:34 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Good call on the warranty; you can never be too safe.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Mustang to mini?

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 04:03 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Good luck, and hope it gives you many years of trouble free service! I know what you mean about Ford build quality, sadly...
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 04:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
lol i'd never even consider buying a mini in my lifetime...but hey, all the power to you. so long!
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 04:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Most important question... can you mod it, if so, what could you do and what will you do

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
Old 11-29-2015, 04:18 PM   #12
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
good luck with the new ride....when you get used to it plz write a review for us. I'm sure it's fun to drive
Old 11-29-2015, 05:05 PM   #13
rob.james.arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
Most important question... can you mod it, if so, what could you do and what will you do

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
Modding is a big thing with the Mini community. Because of the turbo, just a tune and exhaust can net a 50hp+ increase.

If I were to make a wish list it would start with a 3" exhaust, bigger inter cooler, tune for 5+ psi boost increase, lowering springs (though I am not sure that is possible with mine as I have the electronic adjustable dampening control). Visually I would add the JCW bumpers and spoiler.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:13 PM   #14
rob.james.arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
lol i'd never even consider buying a mini in my lifetime...but hey, all the power to you. so long!
I would never have either, until I drove one. It was instantly my favorite driving experience second only to a boxter I drove last year. Oh then there was the gas mileage, what a difference. It isn't as fast as my mustang was (yet) but when you mash the gas you really feel it more.

What you get for the money seems pretty amazing. The warranty is amazing, "boot to bonnet" for 36k miles (I got the extended warranty). Free oil changes, fluid changes, brake pads, rotors, wiper blades, belts etc. That is truley a no cost maintenance plan and warranty. This was a loaded mini, so it has the panoramic roof, leather, amazing stereo, upgraded run flat 17" wheels and tires ect. Cost about the same as a moderately equipped ecoboost.

It is apples to oranges from a form factor, there is no comparison from a fun factor standpoint. Build quality is very different. Imagine no rattles, squeaks or groans = ZEN driving...
Old 11-29-2015, 05:27 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I def agree it's BS that we as the owner have to be punished with a hell of a problem trying to sell a car due to a faulty part with no real fix in place. Sadly there is just nothing we can do but to get boned.

Not sure I could ever do a mini but maybe a drive would change my mind. I currently don't have my stang and have been driving a 14yr old accord v6 vtec and it's a very comfortable car. Zerof*cks are given as I park, hit speed bumps ect. It is nice not to worry. But I appreciate my stang more and more everyday I am away from it.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 05:41 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
No way I'm driving one of those clown cars! Good luck to you though!

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 05:44 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
No way I'm driving one of those clown cars! Good luck to you though!

Lol agreed.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Old 11-29-2015, 07:37 PM   #18
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
I purchased the extended warranty, and possibly wisely, for this reason. I like how when they are fixing your mini, at no extra charge they will pick up your car and drop off amino for you to drive until it's fixed.
Maybe dealer to dealer thing, but the one issue I had my dealer offered to pick my car up at work and drop off a loaner until it was fixed. They will also pick it up for regular maintenance and bring it back.

I like Mini's. They're surprisingly roomy inside (I'm a big guy). I need a truck next, but could see myself in one at some point.

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:22 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Adios amigos!

May want to consider getting (2)...(1) for each foot.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:27 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

This is the only small vehicle if I had to get one I would consider. A Mini Cooper hell no!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1448875638.070091.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	194151

Old 11-30-2015, 05:54 AM   #21
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Good luck with the new ride. Hope to see you around ME once in awhile; keep us informed on how the new ride is working out for you.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:26 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Lol clown car

Old 11-30-2015, 02:03 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I'm not old enough or a hipster, so I couldn't own a mini.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 11-30-2015, 02:16 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Minis really don't hold up well and the parts are very expensive, I hope you don't expect it to be extremely reliable. Should be fun to drive though. I've had a lot of European vehicles before, and even the most extreme reliability/quality issues you see on Mustangs pales in comparison to common issues with many European products, especially BMW
d1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:47 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Adios amigos!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1448916460.786127.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	194162

Damn this looks like yours! Hope you checked the Carfax!
Old 11-30-2015, 03:01 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Lol lol lol

Old 11-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I never really knew you, being new to the forum and all, but it's still sad to hear that you're going Best of luck with the Mini, and like others said, be sure to come back and review it for us Take care, man
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:54 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I'll say it: I love minis

Sent from my
bwgraham33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:38 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Mini's are just too cute for life. <3 Though I like having a mustang too much to give up getting one for a mini cooper.
MadyCatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:06 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadyCatz View Post
Mini's are just too cute for life. <3 Though I like having a mustang too much to give up getting one for a mini cooper.
Does that mean you got you "2005+ GT"?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:44 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
No that's why I said to give up getting one. IV had two mustangs in the past which is why I also said I like having one. Should have wrote liked so it was past tense. My bad haha

Sent from my Z812 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
MadyCatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:56 PM   #32
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
I feel like for me the best part about driving a Mustang is the unrefined raw feeling of it. Doubt I could get that out of a mini

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:02 AM   #33
Admin

Supporter
Admin

It's good to see the majority of the ME members can offer good wishes to our Mustang owners. Most of us at one time or another owned other make vehicles, and I'm certain that those on this forum that have owned, or own a Mustang will also venture out to another vehicle make/type in their auto owning future. It's what makes the auto hobby great; so many good choices.
If only I had a warehouse, and a constantly filling wallet/bank account to fill that warehouse.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:37 AM   #34
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
So much hate. I like minis too and have talked to the wife about getting one but it's just too small 😞

Sent from my LG-H901 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:02 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
I haven't drive a Mini Cooper yet , and that's got a good reason behind it... I'd more than likely enjoy so Mich , I'd have to get me one Good choice, IMO!

Sent from my XT1526 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
RoCoBass is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion