New Daily! Don't get Excited! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-30-2016, 01:53 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
One thing that isn't being taken into consideration is a lot of leases require a 2-3k upfront cost in addition to the monthly payments. And then when you turn it in you have zero equity to put towards a new car although it does eliminate the risk of negative equity which is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2016, 03:45 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
One thing that isn't being taken into consideration is a lot of leases require a 2-3k upfront cost in addition to the monthly payments. And then when you turn it in you have zero equity to put towards a new car although it does eliminate the risk of negative equity which is a good thing.

Not always true. Neither of my leases required money down. My second lease actually took advantage of the early bird option in which Ford paid the final 3 payments of my first lease.

Having great credit and credit history certainly helps as it qualifies you for the top tier offerings requiring little to no earnest money.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 02:12 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Not always true. Neither of my leases required money down. My second lease actually took advantage of the early bird option in which Ford paid the final 3 payments of my first lease.

Having great credit and credit history certainly helps as it qualifies you for the top tier offerings requiring little to no earnest money.
Agreed, on both of the leases we are doing, neither one required any money down. If it had I probably wouldnt have done it, due to its almost like throwing it away, to me at least. Now this can be true due to credit issues or youre looking to lower the monthly payment a little more or something. All we put down is first month payment, license processing fees, and a small doc fee, roughly about $500 on each in our case.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2016, 03:10 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

Good to know. The few times I've looked into it they always had huge down payments but I'm sure that's not always the case. I agree leasing can be great if your ok with the payment. A new car every 2-3 years and not being responsible for any major repairs. I know a lot of the newer leases even include scheduled maintenance and oil changes

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:34 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Good to know. The few times I've looked into it they always had huge down payments but I'm sure that's not always the case. I agree leasing can be great if your ok with the payment. A new car every 2-3 years and not being responsible for any major repairs. I know a lot of the newer leases even include scheduled maintenance and oil changes

Yeah with mine I have to do nothing but schedule an appt at the dealer and no cost. Pick the car up with fresh oil, vacuumed inside, new cabin filter, rotated tires, and a fresh wash each time. And if you wait you get coffee, candy bars, cookies, doughnuts, pop, popcorn, chips, and pretzels. Very nice waiting area with a few tvs, all kinds of magazines, charging ports for devices, brochures, and very comfortable seating, haha!! You only get a giant cookie upon picking your car up if you drop it off, bummer. Its quick though if you have an appt time, maybe 35 min, my wife did this with her last lease at the same dealership.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:01 PM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
Yeah with mine I have to do nothing but schedule an appt at the dealer and no cost. Pick the car up with fresh oil, vacuumed inside, new cabin filter, rotated tires, and a fresh wash each time. And if you wait you get coffee, candy bars, cookies, doughnuts, pop, popcorn, chips, and pretzels. Very nice waiting area with a few tvs, all kinds of magazines, charging ports for devices, brochures, and very comfortable seating, haha!! You only get a giant cookie upon picking your car up if you drop it off, bummer. Its quick though if you have an appt time, maybe 35 min, my wife did this with her last lease at the same dealership.

That's how the big Honda dealership my FIL works at is. Its actually part owned by a former NFL player for the Giants so there is football stuff all over, flascreen TVs tuned to all the different ESPN channels at all times, public computers, wifi, leather furniture everywhere and a pretty damn good cafe. Anytime you get your car worked on there you get a free car wash and free coffee.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:16 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
That's how the big Honda dealership my FIL works at is. Its actually part owned by a former NFL player for the Giants so there is football stuff all over, flascreen TVs tuned to all the different ESPN channels at all times, public computers, wifi, leather furniture everywhere and a pretty damn good cafe. Anytime you get your car worked on there you get a free car wash and free coffee.
Awesome! Dealerships have come a long way! The one I used is actually one of the smaller ones near me. There is one that is basically a freakin mall inside. Go Honda, you will be happy if you decide too Im sure.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:20 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Picked the truck up today. Its nice, too bad its dark and raining, it wont give me chance to enjoy it much today. Its actually got some balls to it. 5.3 with 355hp, it moves pretty well, we wont talk about the MPG though, lol.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1454458644727.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	196554   Click image for larger version

Name:	1454458666437.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	196555  

Name:	1454458687837.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	196556   Click image for larger version

Name:	1454458707047.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	196557  

Old 02-02-2016, 06:42 PM   #44
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Nice Man. How's the interior?
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:52 PM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

If it's like any other Chevy something will have already broken in the interior.

I kid

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:15 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Thanks. Interior is nice, has a nice radio, mylink. In March it will go in to be downloaded with the Mylink radio system set up for Carplay, basically mirrors your phone thru the radio screen. So you can do Google maps, watch videos if you want (which I wont), and whatever else, its like getting the navigation, dvd player but not having to pay for it. Ill take some day pics tomorrow and post them up. The LED fog lights are super bright, never had LED fogs before.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Also has dual climate control, heated and power seats, remote start, etc, etc.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:18 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If it's like any other Chevy something will have already broken in the interior.

I kid

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I dont think it will break tonight, but probably will when I drive more than 20-30 miles or so, lol.

I would rather have a Ford but the deal was too good on both cars to pass up and get out of our loans on our old cars.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:23 PM   #48
Registered Member

Regular

Sounds nice
Old 02-05-2016, 03:54 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks. Interior is nice, has a nice radio, mylink. In March it will go in to be downloaded with the Mylink radio system set up for Carplay, basically mirrors your phone thru the radio screen. So you can do Google maps, watch videos if you want (which I wont), and whatever else, its like getting the navigation, dvd player but not having to pay for it. Ill take some day pics tomorrow and post them up. The LED fog lights are super bright, never had LED fogs before.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Also has dual climate control, heated and power seats, remote start, etc, etc.

The infotainment packages GM and even Dodge offers are pretty nice. I like CarPlay, it really is awesome. I haven't had a chance to try out the new Sync 3 from Ford, I heard that the '17 models will come with CarPlay and the 16's that can add it will get an update for it.

I have MyFordTouch in my F150 and I don't think it is as bad or buggy as everyone claims, but it is definitely behind the curve for tech and apps now.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

Old 02-05-2016, 04:26 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah all these cars are becoming so smart with everything. I like how it displays up in between the gauges too and you can control it all from there with the steering wheel controls too. It goes in for the update for android next month.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:02 PM   #51
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Insurance companies still want to gouge me. I looked up quotes for leases on new cars, i used a Fusion as an example to just compare what it would be.... Most places are still trying to quote me like $280-330 per month. No way in hell i'm paying that lol. So then for the hell of it i looked up quotes for a smart car assuming i buy it outright.... Like $40 per month. That has me seriously considering one now lol. 40mpg and can fit anywhere, and they are cheap as hell, not a bad thing lol.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:22 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Wouldn't that be something, you in a smart car. Probably wouldn't be bad transportation and you sill still have your Mustang for fun. Those are ridiculous rates for insurance and imagine how it would go up if you ever had to use it.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:25 PM   #53
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Wouldn't that be something, you in a smart car. Probably wouldn't be bad transportation and you sill still have your Mustang for fun. Those are ridiculous rates for insurance and imagine how it would go up if you ever had to use it.

The crappy thing is that i have never had to make a claim. Even though my car has actually gotten hit multiple times i don't even have that coverage on it because of how ridiculously expensive it is. Now on a smart car for $5k i wouldn't give a crap about if it gets slight body damage lol. One thing i do like about smaller cars is how you can fit everywhere. And being in the bay area everything is tight. They don't keep value at all. You can get a 2008+ with less than 70k on it for less than $6k. And once i get a daily the Mustang is going on jack stands and being built right.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:35 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
The crappy thing is that i have never had to make a claim. Even though my car has actually gotten hit multiple times i don't even have that coverage on it because of how ridiculously expensive it is. Now on a smart car for $5k i wouldn't give a crap about if it gets slight body damage lol. One thing i do like about smaller cars is how you can fit everywhere. And being in the bay area everything is tight. They don't keep value at all. You can get a 2008+ with less than 70k on it for less than $6k. And once i get a daily the Mustang is going on jack stands and being built right.
That sounds like one might work for you. A woman I worked with had one for a while and she loved it, I dont know if she still has it, I assume so. I can imagine parking is tight there, here in the midwest we take large spots and parking lots for granted. Michigan insurance isnt much better, it actually may be more, I recently did some research on it, and MI is 300-500% more than some other states. No Fault state and even with PLPD you have to carry 1 million in accident coverage. Plus MI taxes it very heavily, to help pay for our countries worst public roads. Its a big racket, I cant talk about it because I get too angry and upset!!

Maybe you should go take one for a test drive and see how you like it. Who knows maybe youll like it. And at some point be shoving your 2v in there after you build your new Mustang engine.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:16 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Just an update, Im loving the truck so far. Fuel economy not so much, but that will get better as I drive it more normal and not playing around with it. Did some 4x4 action a little today on some back roads. The truck actually has a lot of power and gets up and moves very well. Interior and drive ability is very comfortable, like having a nicely equipped sedan with a bed and 4 wheel drive. The infotainment is very nice, heated seats, dual climate zone, LED fog lights, and remote start (first time in my life with this and now we have 2 cars with it) have been enjoyed very much. Radio system actually sounds really good, better than any truck ive had before thats for sure. My old daily had a really nice Infinity sound system stock and this isnt leaps and bounds behind that really.

Anyway for a lower lease payment that I could imagine Im very happy with the truck so far, even if it is a Chevy.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:19 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

And my wife is very happy with her now new Equinox. It may be a hand me down from me driving it for the first couple weeks, but she loves it. Get some brownie points and order some parts!

Old 02-09-2016, 12:15 PM   #57
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Dude I would totally DD a Smart car. There is no shame in it. If its just you going back and forth to work or school on a daily grind with traffic and road crud getting all over the car of course drive something like that. And if those prices you mention are true for most locations that's a crazy good incentive for anyone.

Quote:
Just an update, Im loving the truck so far. Fuel economy not so much, but that will get better as I drive it more normal and not playing around with it. Did some 4x4 action a little today on some back roads. The truck actually has a lot of power and gets up and moves very well. Interior and drive ability is very comfortable, like having a nicely equipped sedan with a bed and 4 wheel drive. The infotainment is very nice, heated seats, dual climate zone, LED fog lights, and remote start (first time in my life with this and now we have 2 cars with it) have been enjoyed very much. Radio system actually sounds really good, better than any truck ive had before thats for sure. My old daily had a really nice Infinity sound system stock and this isnt leaps and bounds behind that really.

Anyway for a lower lease payment that I could imagine Im very happy with the truck so far, even if it is a Chevy.

Glad to hear its working out. Good thing with the lease is when (not if) the Chevy starts to fall apart it'll be about ready to turn in for another lease.

I kid I kid. Now get on PI swapping the 96 and J-modding the 03!

Old 02-09-2016, 05:05 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dude I would totally DD a Smart car. There is no shame in it. If its just you going back and forth to work or school on a daily grind with traffic and road crud getting all over the car of course drive something like that. And if those prices you mention are true for most locations that's a crazy good incentive for anyone.

Glad to hear its working out. Good thing with the lease is when (not if) the Chevy starts to fall apart it'll be about ready to turn in for another lease.

I kid I kid. Now get on PI swapping the 96 and J-modding the 03!
Hahaha. Yeah may be like 18-21 months before it breaks, that is probably how long ill have it if I do another lease and do "pull ahead".

I will start gathering some parts for real for the 96 soon. Waiting on some mad money to roll in soonish. Im going to watch the Jmod video until I feel confident enough to tackle it. Ive never messed with trans ever so Im a little intimidated. And I need to get ramps or jack stands, so a trip to harbor freight for me.

Old 02-09-2016, 05:08 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Got a couple crappy interior shots today. Not the best but all I have. Its nice and basic with some creature comforts.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1455059274530.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	196827   Click image for larger version

Name:	1455059287952.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	196828  

Name:	1455059305082.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	196829  
Old 02-09-2016, 06:42 PM   #60
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Got a couple crappy interior shots today. Not the best but all I have. Its nice and basic with some creature comforts.

It's def a Chevy! I swear they have zero imagination when it comes to interior design. I feel like it looks the same as a 2000 ish 1500 with just more edges. Lol. It's nice man, just cracks me up.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:53 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I had a 2003 Z71 ext cab a while back and it wasnt too much different inside. Except it had a terrible radio, and the materials in the interior overall looked like they were from the mid 90s. They dont change much, Ford didnt change much either for quite sometime until recently as far as trucks go. Dodge I just cant get into at all. The Big Horn looks all big and bad until you put something of any weight in the bed, they sink quick!

Old 02-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #62
Staff
Regular
Staff

We have work trucks here, some are Chevys and some are Fords. Nobody ever wants to drive the Chevys lol. I think we have one from 2007 still and I swear to god the interior looks like it was from a car we had growing up in 1995.

That said, the interior posted looks pretty good. And you can't beat zero maintenance costs and brand new.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:03 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We have work trucks here, some are Chevys and some are Fords. Nobody ever wants to drive the Chevys lol. I think we have one from 2007 still and I swear to god the interior looks like it was from a car we had growing up in 1995.

That said, the interior posted looks pretty good. And you can't beat zero maintenance costs and brand new.
Exactly. I agree the interiors havent changed much. But it is very comfortable to drive, I love being in a truck again. Im sure you are comfortable in your Expy and know what Im saying, just something to it. And Im loving having 4 wheel drive in this snow we just got, my old DD was terrible in the snow really, it would get me to where I needed to go but it wasnt pretty at times. Its nice to click it into AWD mode and it doesnt effect gas mileage that Ive noticed, I know 4 wheel high would, but havent had to use it yet other than messing around. Its been about 7 yrs since I had 4 wheel drive and in this state I have to say its worth it.

Old 02-11-2016, 04:46 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I come from a family who owned several 90's/00's GM's and have plenty of friends with 90's/00's Silverados. They definitely have improved their interior materials and contrast, despite the lack of creativity. But hey, some people really appreciate the simplicity in the design. When Ford put the circular vents in the F150's in 04 everyone was flipping out saying circular vents are terrible and don't belong in a truck lol. They were simple, yet worked pretty well imo.

Just looking at the pics it looks like you get some nice features for a basic trim truck. I'm assuming it's similar to Ford's XLT. Are the upper door panels along the window where you would rest your arm padded or hard plastic?
I haven't been in a 2014+ Silverado to see for myself.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:31 PM   #65
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
New Daily! Don't get Excited!

Going to change the exhaust system on the truck?

Every day is a joyride.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:15 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I come from a family who owned several 90's/00's GM's and have plenty of friends with 90's/00's Silverados. They definitely have improved their interior materials and contrast, despite the lack of creativity. But hey, some people really appreciate the simplicity in the design. When Ford put the circular vents in the F150's in 04 everyone was flipping out saying circular vents are terrible and don't belong in a truck lol. They were simple, yet worked pretty well imo.

Just looking at the pics it looks like you get some nice features for a basic trim truck. I'm assuming it's similar to Ford's XLT. Are the upper door panels along the window where you would rest your arm padded or hard plastic?
I haven't been in a 2014+ Silverado to see for myself.
They are padded. The part above the armrest is padded, where your elbow sits is padded nicely, basically everywhere you would touch with your arm is padded, ha. The seats are comfortable, they have a pretty nice fabric that appears to be tough yet somewhat soft. The dash and plastics seem to be made of quality materials and would age well. One nice thing about it being simple is its easier to keep clean verse a bunch of crevices and material changes. Mine is a LT, they got rid of the LT1, LT2 thing this year I think I read. The line up is: Work Truck, LS, LT, LTZ, I beleive and the Z71 Off Road package can be on the LT or LTZ. I forget what they call the top of the line with everything and the 6.0 and 8 speed trans, I think its High Country. Then they do have a series of other packages of course, like the LT Rally editon with racing stripes (whoo hoo! Adds 84 HP JK) , one called the Nighthawk or something like that, its all "blacked out". Mine is the All Star Edition LT, which means it has all the LT equipment plus added options (this is the one at least here they run most of the specials on since it has the most popular options). The All Star has: 18" wheels, remote start, LED fog lights, power seat, heated seat, LED bed lights, towing package (trans cooler, 3 diff built in trailering outlets, heavy duty hitch, diff gear I believe a 3.42), and the 5.3 engine as some of the LTs come with the 4.3 standard. Im sure I may have some of it wrong since Im not a Chevy guy, and just started to research it a little bit. The grill on the All Star is a little spruced up with more chrome, and has painted door handles to match body color.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:23 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Going to change the exhaust system on the truck?

Every day is a joyride.
I have played around looking at cat backs that I could put on it and not mess with the lease. I dont think I will spend any money on that though. I thought about just changing out the muffler to a flowmaster 40 but I havent looked into it much to see if thats a no no lease wise. I would obviously have the stock one put back on when I turn it in. I spose I could chance it and not go to the dealer for my oil changes and hope I dont have any issues or recalls, lol. But most likely Im going to leave it alone, enjoy it, drive it hard, and take advantage of no maintenance costs the next 2 yrs. I will of course keep it clean and looking good inside and out. I may add vent shades or rain visors, whatever they are called so I can have the window down when its wet or raining some in the summer. I rather not use the air if I dont have to cause ac gives me a headache most of the time if im driving any longer amount of time. Anyway....no to the exhaust, have to save my money for the Mustangs!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion