THE 2005 MUSTANG!!! PICTURES OF PRODUCTION MUSTANG!!!!! - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-29-2003, 01:29 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to Horse Send a message via Yahoo to Horse
202Hp 4.0L V6, how freaking weak is that? They should have been able to get at least 20-30 HP more than that. Ford is messing up a lot lately. If the base mustang stucks that bad compared to teh GT they aren't going to sell very well. You can't even get a spoiler. :no:
4.2L , CAI, BBK 65MM throttle body, 30lb injectors, SSM ported intakes, FLEX 1/2" spacer, RPM big valve heads, Comp roller rockers and cam, ASP-underdrive pulley, GT rear swaybar, & Quad Shocks, Full MM Coilover conversion, 17" Grey Torque Thrust wheels, FMS Aluminum driveshaft 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, Tri-Ax Shorthrow shifter & SPEC stage II clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2003, 01:32 PM   #72
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I still havent understood Ford.... 150hp in 1996 while the Camaroo was pushing 200

Gt came with 225 while the z28 had 305

I mean come on

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 02:43 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to Horse Send a message via Yahoo to Horse
srt-4's are quick, but they're front wheel drive, which I can't stand. They're peglegs, which I also can't stand, and they are kinda homely. Although those headlight covers that are on the red SRT-4 make it look angry rather than drooling and retarded, which is an improvment.
Unfortuneatly they fold up like a used tissue if you ever have an accident, which you're likly to get into in a high HP, low weight car like that. Which is why I'll never set foot in one.

Nice knowing you though. Good luck and I hope you have fun while it lasts.

[edit: Oh, and yes I know that LSD is an option now but I still think there's nothing uglier than a FWD burnout.]
4.2L , CAI, BBK 65MM throttle body, 30lb injectors, SSM ported intakes, FLEX 1/2" spacer, RPM big valve heads, Comp roller rockers and cam, ASP-underdrive pulley, GT rear swaybar, & Quad Shocks, Full MM Coilover conversion, 17" Grey Torque Thrust wheels, FMS Aluminum driveshaft 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, Tri-Ax Shorthrow shifter & SPEC stage II clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2003, 03:57 PM   #74
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I still havent understood Ford.... 150hp in 1996 while the Camaroo was pushing 200

Gt came with 225 while the z28 had 305

I mean come on
The Mustang is a compact car and the Camaro was a mid size car. Keep in mind the Camaro had a 350 and the GT had a 281. Plus, the Camaro had more weight to it. But Ford has always been able to get more power out of a smaller pacakge than what Chevy has been.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:45 PM   #75
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
I think Ford needs to grow balls and build a big HP engine. Chevy has always had good engines, heck my uncle just put in 350hp engine in his show car.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:52 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
that LSD is an option
Dodge sells LSD as a factory option? I gotta get me a hemi!
Old 12-29-2003, 06:31 PM   #77
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to MusclesFromBrussels
its not an option on the 04 srt it comes base
MusclesFromBrussels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 08:45 PM   #78
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
Quote:
I think Ford needs to grow balls and build a big HP engine. Chevy has always had good engines, heck my uncle just put in 350hp engine in his show car.
they have dude the new ford gt thats commin out in a couple...heres what i found on it The powerplant is an all-American V-8 from Ford's modular engine family. The MOD 5.4-liter V-8 in the GT40 concept features aluminum four-valve heads, forged crankshaft, H-beam forged rods and aluminum pistons fed by a supercharger, all combining to make more than 500 horsepower and 500 foot-pounds of torque. These figures match or exceed those of the most powerful period GT40, a car that could handily top 200 mph on the Mulsanne straight at Le Mans. Because of the supercharger and high-revving, free-breathing valvetrain, the new car produces this astounding power from an efficient 5.4-liter V-8 engine. The power is put to the road through an RBT six-speed manual transmission.
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 08:48 PM   #79
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
one thing bad about it the price tag will be a bit less than 150 grand to own one
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Old 12-29-2003, 08:50 PM   #80
Legacy Member
Legacy

http://www.ford-gt.com/concept/index.html
Old 12-29-2003, 08:59 PM   #81
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah but this engine my uncle got thats all stock HP no SC or anything like that. no cam work or valve work, Ford needs to beef up and make them NOW not ina GT40 that no one has right now.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:08 PM   #82
Legacy Member
Legacy

yea good point..
Old 12-29-2003, 10:03 PM   #83
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

It's gonna be in the 06 Lightning so theres your chance.

Quote:
DEARBORN -- Ford Motor Co. is killing its high performance SVT Focus coupe next year and suspending production of the entire Special Vehicle Team lineup for the 2005 model year, the company said Friday.

"It will hurt us," said Dean Sellers, general manager of Dean Sellers Ford in Troy. "But it won't be devastating."

Ford's next scheduled model year for SVT products will be 2006. But its lineup - the Mustang Cobra and F-150 Lightning - will be based on new platforms and offer increased levels of performance.

John Coletti, SVT's chief engineer, said the 2006 Lightning will be powered by an engine similar to the one featured in the 500-horsepower Ford GT, which debuts next year.

Other possibilities include supercharged versions of the Mercury Marauder and Lincoln Navigator, a Mustang with a V-10 and a turbocharged Focus.

In 2005, Ford plans to introduce the Focus ST, which stands for street tuned. It offers slightly less horsepower than the SVT Focus -- 155 compared with 170. But it will have more torque and likely cost less.

Angelo Giordimaina, general sales manager of McLaughlin Ford in Royal Oak, said lease and insurance rates on the SVT Focus were alienating some buyers.

Since its introduction as a 2002 model, about 4,500 units a year have been sold. Tom Scarpello, SVT marketing and sales manager, hinted Ford expected more.

"Did it meet all its objectives? No," Scarpello said. "But the majority of them."

Since the first Cobra debuted in 1993, Ford has sold more than 135,000 SVT products.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:31 PM   #84
Legacy Member
Legacy

ok well I LOVE trucks, BUT why put a large HP engine only in a truck?
Get a Diesel for your HP and other things, put the big motor in a car!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2003, 10:41 PM   #85
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

One word. Emissions.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:21 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to heramb22 Send a message via Yahoo to heramb22
A v10 cobra?!?!?!?! (note to self - start saving now)

I think a twin turbo focus would be sweet if they did it right (gave it a more sleek look and AWD) they'd get the best of both worlds (die hard "only buy american" people and import tuner market as well)

Is the new Lightning going to look different? It mentions it will be on a new frame, but....

Parts for Sale VERY CHEAP!

SOLD - White Cobra rims, rear GT swaybar, ASP UD pulley, cleared headlights, full-length Densecharger, red calipers, MustangWorld billet grille, true dual exhaust w/ flowmaster 40's, MAC lowering springs (front), raised gas pedal, MSD 8.5mm spark plug wires, GT foglights, Steeda Tri-ax
heramb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 06:57 PM   #87
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
lol 235rwhp and 255tq with a turbo... i would like to see it make those kinds of numbers NA and still be reliable and streetable. I drove one adn they are way over rated.... i would take a new gt over it anyday.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 08:32 PM   #88
Road Trip!

opinions vary
Old 12-30-2003, 08:44 PM   #89
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
lol 235rwhp and 255tq with a turbo... i would like to see it make those kinds of numbers NA and still be reliable and streetable.
You have to keep in mind they also have to keep it low because of insurance. You don't want to build a car that only 40 year olds can afford. That was the problem with the SVT Focus. Now, I'm sure SVT will have a aftermarket themselves for the new Focus ST. We gotta give the SRT-4 some competition.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:51 PM   #90
Road Trip!

svt focus has potential but ford is not gonna make it anymore and for the same price u can get boost in an srt4
Old 12-31-2003, 01:23 AM   #91
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Boost! Boost! Boost! That's all I ever hear! :no:
Old 12-31-2003, 05:58 PM   #92
Road Trip!

there is a reason for that