Mustang Evolution Forum banner

tranny or throttle problems?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  modular2valve 
#1 ·
well the first of my concerns for my 99 GT is when i first start out in drive or first the motor's usual V8 growl is replaced by a winding noise or a sucking in a whole bunch of air noise but then when it shifts over the next gear it stops and resumes its intoxicating V8-ness noise making. I was thinking vacume leak or maybe i need to replace my first gear

my second concern is while im at highway speeds(any where from 40ish MPH and up) my 99 GT has a problem, or not i dont know its always done this. when im going 40ish ill push on the gas about half way in and it just wont have that grab and go power its like its picking up some speed but its just idleing on up there. if i push it in a little more than half way it downshifts like most automatics grabs and then gos with that loud V8 noise and the reckleslly fast acceleration that i love. iv been racking my brain trying to figuer it out but there are so many things that could be doing this.or maybe its suppose to do that im not into the mechanics of how my car works as long as it can allow me to recklessly speed i could care less but it sure would be nice to know if my car will blow up. advice?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.