Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What to buy next?

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  I_luv_HP&trq 
#1 ·
Well my buddy and i were talking(he has a 99 GT) about what i should do to my car next, right now it's practically stock accept for my K&N CAI , SHort-throw shifter, and Exaust(flowmasters). i was really looking at getting either a Chip or cams. i also really had my eye set on some 3.73's as my stock 3.27's leave alot to desire, and getting to my powerband faster is always a good way to go. has anyone compared 4.10's to 3.73's? if so wich did you like more? i know alot of people say if u plan to slap a blower on ur car then go with the 3.73's but id rather hear first hand from someone. i don't have any major plans for the current engine as it has 118k on it and putting even a low psi SC on it is just asking for trouble. anyway any opinions on what i should do next? thanks:)

#2 ·
go with 3.90's you'll love them. saves some r's on the hyw.,and gets u in the power fast.

#3 ·
ive heard of the 3.90's! know any good brands? also i have looked for them befor(not very hard though), guess i'll check out summitracing or something as i did not see them on american muscle

#5 ·
Motive Gear, got mine from Brenspeed. 4.10's may pull a LITTLE harder, but (imo) your pulling too many r's if you do any amount of hyw. driving. There is more of a noticable difference between the 3.90's and 3.73's than the 3.90's and 4.10's, as far as pulling, and you can still run the frwy. @ 75-80 without turning 2900+ r's. You will also get BETTER milage around town, I picked up about 3 mpg.

#6 ·
Remember if you don't flash you car to recal. your speedo, it's going to be off. If you run 3.90's and a auto,in 4th gear,(5th on a stick would be about the same), you can use the tach. 35mph-1255rpm, 40mph-1435rpm, 45mph-1614rpm, 50mph-1793rpm, 55mph-1973rpm, 60mph-2152rpm, 65mph-2331rpm, 70mph-2510rpm, 75mph-2690rpm.

#7 ·
Well thanks much for the info guys, think i'll snag some 3.90's next paycheck. my buddy said driving my car and his is such a different feeling. his is chiped and has 3,73's, and it defenetly seems to pull quiet a bit harder.

#10 ·
I haven't heard Ford, but motive's seem to be quieter than Richmonds, and they're not bad, I kind of like the little whine, good in a car, not a woman!

#12 ·
The only way you hear them is if the radio is off. Even with the radio on low, you notice nothing.But your right, make sure the install is done RIGHT!

#14 ·
Suspension is always a fun and cost effective mod. I had the bullitt set up on my old v6 back in the day and it felt like I was driving a whole different car. Installation wasn't too bad between my friend and I, and it wasn't too expensive.

I'd imagaine with your high mileage, your suspension set up could use something a bit stiffer.

If you do go with the gears, I would look around to find package deals. Some places give you a deal on gears and a hand held tuner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.