Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Alarm Trouble

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  OsirisGuy 
#1 ·
So I've installed Sequential Tail lights on my car (Meter4it). After the car arms, about 30 mins after the alarm will go off. If I unplug the unit the alarm is fine and won't go off. I can't figure out what is causing this.

Checking under the kick panel for the brain I found an Audiovox shock center sensor attached to an unmarked brain.

With the Sequential Unit plugged in I can get the alarm to arm, and when I disarm it the horn will chirp four times instead of the usual two, however there are times when it will still just chirp twice.

Anyone have an idea?

If you need a better explanation I will try during better hours I am a bit tired, but wanted to post this.

#2 ·
i had a kinda similar situation i put a sound system in my freinds jeep grand cherokee it didn't have pre amp outputs so i spliced the wires for a converter and it didn't work we forgot to tape them up and his car would start put the anti theft system shut the vehicle off i taped the wires and it worked fine so i'd make sure no bare wires are touching who knows it could be alot of crap

#3 ·
I am 99.99% sure it is not bare wires touching. The sequential kit is using scotch locks, besides the ground wire, but it is all securely wrapped. I was ale to pull down the brain and it seems to be one of the cleanest installs I've seen. Those connections are also made using quick splicing connects.

One day when it's nice enough it seems that I just have go and trace those brain wires.

#4 ·
Where all did this sequential kit require you to splice wires? All the ones I have installed just required cutting and splicing 3 wires on the taillight harness. Solder all connections and heatwrap to keep it nice and sealed.

#5 · (Edited)
On each taillight, one of the two same colored wires was cut. These wires were then attached to the kit. On the passenger side the splice was connected to ground. Power was obtained from the trunk lights, near the brown/gray plug behind the trunk panels where the wires for the lic. plate/ trunk harness connects to the inside.

Meter4it. You can find the install right from them, and done to the tee.

I am believing more this has to do with the alarm. I know the install for the taillights is correct. I am led to believe it's the alarm due to the fact that I've noticed my parking lights will flash for a minute or so then stop at, I'm assuming some time interval. It does not seem that it is a warning or confirmation that the alarm is active and I highly doubt that it is because the alarm has been set off in some way since it will happen after I arm it or it arms itself and it sits in the drive way.

I'm planning on unplugging the unit soon and seeing how well the car reacts.

I've also just taken a SPST toggle switch, through on some insulated connectors and was a straight plug in into the kit now so when I take the car out I have to flip the switch, and when I know it's left I can't easily switch it off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.