Window fuse/relay - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #1
Region: Alabama
Window fuse/relay

Hey guys,
I'm home on leave from Japan for the next few days. I have a 97 GT that has window issues. Sometimes both windows, at the same time, just stop working. I didn't bring the relay with me and the Ford dealer here can't find the right one on the parts break down, it's a metal/silver relay and all they have is a plastic black one. I know it is the relay because it keeps slipping out, i just push it back up into the fuse box and the windows start working again. I don't wont to use tape as that is just a temp fix. All I need from you guys is for someone to look at their fuse box/owners manual and let me know what size the relay is. This will be greatly appretiated.

WHAT'S IN MY GARAGE;97 Red Mustand GT 4.6L (the wife wanted a toy, the wife got what she wanted, and she looks sexy in it:love:)03 Red BMW 330XI (the wifes first baby, put in storage April 2007:cry:, will come out in May 2011 and have less than 20K on the clock)96 White R33 GTR (it's slow, really slow for a car with four wheels and a small rocket under the hood, but faster than the Mustang:eek:)
jjpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Louisiana
Re: Window fuse/relay

that is not a relay. it is the power window circuit breaker. if you pull it out of the fuse box. it should have a number on it. like 30 or 20. that is how many amps. it is.

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT