300HP? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to bobbyoooo
Exclamation 300HP?

so u guys think its possible? got the 01 auto so far got just full exhaust but i really want to hit the 300hp mark so wat do u guys think besides all the bolt-ons do u guys think i need some heads, cams. any recommendations are helpfull this is wat i was planning on doing
CAI K&N, MAC, BBK, might get the k&n from friend
TB bbk or accufab
Pulleys steeda
intake manifold idk typhoon?

thats it at the moment but any help much appreciated
bobbyoooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: 300HP?

It your lucky day, I have some NIB treets for you, lets make a deal. Check the link below.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...59/#post562000
Want an 03/04 Cobra

Born:5/23/97, Build # 5722 of 6961 Builds
Cobra GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

very nice ill def be taking a few of those items from you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

easiest way to make that power for sure is a supercharger
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:21 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

all the bolt ons and a good tune you are looking at close to 300, probably 280ish~ but this is at the engine NOT the rear wheels (260 stock at the engine and since you have an auto 215 or so at the wheels~)
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

NIB?
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

everything listed is NIB
Want an 03/04 Cobra

Born:5/23/97, Build # 5722 of 6961 Builds
Cobra GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

spector i want that 300 to the wheels then ill be happy wat other stuff besides the bolt ons do u think i should get to hit the mark
Old 03-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyoooo View Post
spector i want that 300 to the wheels then ill be happy wat other stuff besides the bolt ons do u think i should get to hit the mark
Sell the BBK tb and the pulley's if you have those. I dont know what's considered a bolt on these days. P&P heads will bolt on as well as a procharger.
I'd get supporting mods and 6-8 psi of boost and call it a day for now.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

anyone know where i can get a super charger or blower ot turbo for 2,500
Old 03-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

buy a head unit off ebay and custom fab up some piping, that what i did and i only spent about 2gz
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:00 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

NIB = new in box if that's what was asked..

check out atomic (site sponsor) you get great discounts as a ME member on new parts.. no question on whether a used part is broken/missing items/etc
Old 03-19-2009, 11:09 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_luv_HP&trq View Post
Sell the BBK tb and the pulley's if you have those. I dont know what's considered a bolt on these days. P&P heads will bolt on as well as a procharger.
I'd get supporting mods and 6-8 psi of boost and call it a day for now.
i want to try and avoid the whole procharger turbo thing but it looks like that the only option. trying to keep it N/A. might get all that then if i dont get it ill do the procharger
Old 03-19-2009, 11:16 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

dude, Trickflow has some new heads that are either just getting ready to come out, or have just come out (I think they're still approaching release)... and with a set of comp cams (272?), they got 365 rwhp out of their test car.... with just the heads and cams. They priced the heads at $1995, and then you just have to get cams and a tune.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i want to try and avoid the whole procharger turbo thing but it looks like that the only option. trying to keep it N/A. might get all that then if i dont get it ill do the procharger
Ok, just don't want you to put all this cash into it and have the gains be minimal. When I modded my first stang I wish I had just skipped all the middle steps and went straight to FI.

If you do invest in heads which will be pricey too, make sure that you know what your future set up will be so you know what type of flow to look for.
Just slapping on parts (like some do) can work, but it's best to have everything matched up and working with each other to get the optimal gain.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
Old 03-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
dude, Trickflow has some new heads that are either just getting ready to come out, or have just come out (I think they're still approaching release)... and with a set of comp cams (272?), they got 365 rwhp out of their test car.... with just the heads and cams. They priced the heads at $1995, and then you just have to get cams and a tune.
what displacement was their test car and did they just measure it straight off the dyno with no account for drag and parasitic loss?

Also Bobbyooo don't get yourself set on a number. You might find out that gears, suspension, and a few bolt ons with a great tune is fast enough for now. If you get stuck on a number then it makes it more frustrating when you don't reach that goal.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

thanks man for the advice and u made a very good point with the making sure everything is compatible and right know im getting the shocks/struts cuz the ride a lil ruff since it was lowered but then i might do 4.10 gears im just trying to get the most possible power i can but staying n/a but is the tb and pulleyes really that pointless?? i know a bunch of other people feel the same way just wondering
Old 03-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

i agree with these guys that a throttle body and plenum won't add much if any hp but if u can't sell them don't take em off or anything they definatly are better than stock and won't lose hp in my opinion
Old 03-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Bobby,
I am really interested in your question and may have an answer for you soon. I've ordered an engine that is supposed to put 320-330 HP and an equal amount of torque to the wheels, through an automatic, N/A. Others have gotten there with this combo and a dyno tune. I'll add the 150 Shot, too. Here's what it has:

• Aluminum Teksid Block
• Patriot Stage 2 Heads
• Cushman/VT Stage 2 Cams
• Comp Valve Train
• Edelbrock Victor Jr Manifold
• 30 LB Injectors
• Edelbrock EFI Elbow
• Edelbrock 75MM Throttle Body
• UPR Pro Fuel Rails
• Aviator Fuel Pump
• ZEX 150 Wet Shot
• Pypes HP Cats & X-Pipe
• FRPP Shorty Headers
• Motorsports High Volume Oil Pump
• UPR Cold Air Intake
• SCT Chip and Xelerator II
• BBK SFI Underdrive Pulley
• Automatic Transmission
• Precision Industries Stallion 9.5 Inch, 3200 Stall Billet Converter
• Brenspeed Deep Sump Automatic Pan
• Transmission Cooler

I'll PM you when we get it in and on the dyno.
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2002 GT Front.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	260.3 KB
ID:	20411   Click image for larger version

Name:	2002 Passenger small.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	20412  

Name:	2002 GT  RR medium.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	20413  
Old 03-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thanks man for the advice and u made a very good point with the making sure everything is compatible and right know im getting the shocks/struts cuz the ride a lil ruff since it was lowered but then i might do 4.10 gears im just trying to get the most possible power i can but staying n/a but is the tb and pulleyes really that pointless?? i know a bunch of other people feel the same way just wondering
When my 2002 GT was only a few months old I went the Steeda route because it came as a balanced kit. I'm no road racer, but my car handles like a go-kart to me but has almost as smooth a ride as it did originally. Here's what I put into mine:

• Steeda Stage One Suspension
Caster Camber Plates,
Strut Tower Brace
Sport Springs
Auxiliary Rear Sway-Bar, adjustable for over/understeer
KYB Adjustable Struts 4-Way
KYB Adjustable Shocks 8-Way
• Granatelli Upper & Lower Control Arms
• UPR Sub-Frame Connectors
• Energy Suspension Motor Mounts
• Flowmaster Mufflers
• 3.90:1 Motive Gears
• 10.5X17 Bullitts with 315/35 Sumutomos Rear
• 9X17 Bullitts with 255/45 Sumutomos Front
• Hood Scoop/Spoiler Delete
• Mach I Chin Spoiler
• 13” Cobra Front Brakes with braided steel lines
• Unique SOHC Flag Emblems
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0018.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	20414  
Old 03-21-2009, 11:31 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
if you already have the tb and pulley on then just keep it. I thought you were looking into getting one or had one ready to install. don't go with 4.10 gears because everybody here apparently feels that an auto needs 4.10 and 98% of the people giving advice haven't had them installed on their car. I think with that gear, it puts you around 2700-2900 RPM's on the freeway, which wouldn't be bad if you had a 4valve dohc. I drove an 05 auto v6 with 3.55 at a dealership and it had a more noticeable punch so I don't see why 3.73 or a 3.90 wouldn't be bad for an auto GT. If you're doing any 1/4 racing I wouldn't go with the 4.10 either.
I'm not trying to steer you away but just know that there are other options out there.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:31 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

thnx guys and i_luv_hp_tq i dont have either the tb or pulleys yet and the thing with the gears is my friend has an auto gt and he thew 4.10 in there says he loves it and another one threw 3.73 regrests it ever since but ima look into the 3.90 my other friend wants me to throw 4.11 in the car but ima look into everything and jim let me know when u get it on the dyno
Old 03-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_luv_HP&trq View Post
if you already have the tb and pulley on then just keep it. I thought you were looking into getting one or had one ready to install. don't go with 4.10 gears because everybody here apparently feels that an auto needs 4.10 and 98% of the people giving advice haven't had them installed on their car. I think with that gear, it puts you around 2700-2900 RPM's on the freeway, which wouldn't be bad if you had a 4valve dohc. I drove an 05 auto v6 with 3.55 at a dealership and it had a more noticeable punch so I don't see why 3.73 or a 3.90 wouldn't be bad for an auto GT. If you're doing any 1/4 racing I wouldn't go with the 4.10 either.
I'm not trying to steer you away but just know that there are other options out there.
I've used the 3.90:1 ears in my 2002 GT auto, which is used almost exclusively in my work. That requires loads of freeway driving (about 30K a year). With the overdrive on the freeway I have never found it to be objectionable. But not everyone likes as much rumble as I do.

I did add a deep pan and tranny cooler when I went with the deeper gears, though.
Jim
Old 03-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

another point I want to add is that the gears get you into your power range quicker. If one persons car isn't running %100 due to maintenance issues or the small things people neglect, then gears won't feel like much of a difference to them because they don't have the optimal power to begin with.
The same goes with any modification. Don't trust only one source. Do your research from a handful of people.
The flaw about forums in general is that people give you experiences but you only get a small part of the story. So many variables for each car out there including the driver, state they live in, elevation, gas quality, upkeep of the car and so on.....

Old 03-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

The flaw about forums in general is that people give you experiences but you only get a small part of the story. So many variables for each car out there including the driver, state they live in, elevation, gas quality, upkeep of the car and so on.....[/QUOTE]

Man, that's a fact. What you read here has to be considered as information based on a unique set of circumstances and beliefs. It must be considered also that some of the information is posted based on what one has read or heard, but not necessarily experienced.

That's why it's so amusing to see a guy absolutely INSIST that PART X is a lousy part, or set up, or technique, and won't work and then, ten posts later, is someone using X with fantastic results.

HP & TQ is right on the mark here. Very good observation.
Jim
Old 03-26-2009, 12:11 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

very true but i had friends that had both 3.73 and 4.10 in an auto he said s4.10 the way to go but i never really thought about 3.90
Old 03-26-2009, 09:54 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

alright im going with the 4.10 gears and just saw the release of the new trickflow heads look very nice.... with typhoon intake were people having problems with it? and it i go with the trickflow heads should i do the trickflow intake manifold??
Old 03-27-2009, 04:33 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
alright im going with the 4.10 gears and just saw the release of the new trickflow heads look very nice.... with typhoon intake were people having problems with it? and it i go with the trickflow heads should i do the trickflow intake manifold??
I would recommend it. Their parts are probably designed to work well together.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:50 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

how much were the heads bobbyoooo
Old 03-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

they very expensive ima have to save up for a lil to get them

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT