Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Got my engine cleaned and

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  upton7 
#1 ·
now my car ran like ****. the service engine light came on for the very first time. man i'm pissed!!!:mad:

#3 ·
most times that is caused by the coil on plug doesn't seal out water, and the area where the spark plug is fills with water and the car misfires. pull the coils out and clean them out

#4 ·
i did a scan on it and it turned out to be a cylinde 8 misfire. i took the number 8 coil off and sure enough it had water on it. i just took it off for it to dry. just to be sure i took off another coil and it was dry.

#5 ·
try to blow out the coil where it contacts the spark plug. to get it as dry a possible. than spray a little WD-40 in their to stop any rust.

#9 ·
well i put the coil back on and it runs normal again. glad i didn't have to spend about $65 on a new one and i sent ya a thanks. guess if i get my engine washed again i'll find someone else.

#11 ·
Water in a coil over plug engine bay is the worst thing you can do...Just wipe it down periodically and call it done from now on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.