ran in a few problems recently - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
ran in a few problems recently

So i brought my car out of storage last week and really strange things have been happening. 1st when i bring the car to a stop the rpms bounce around and sometimes they get so low the car dies. 2nd when getting on it trying to catch an Evo the hose that conects from the intake to the heater core ripped, so i replaced it and then today i brought the car in to boost and the fitting that the hose is on blew completely off the intake. Any ideas on whats causing these problems?
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: ran in a few problems recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
So i brought my car out of storage last week and really strange things have been happening. 1st when i bring the car to a stop the rpms bounce around and sometimes they get so low the car dies. 2nd when getting on it trying to catch an Evo the hose that conects from the intake to the heater core ripped, so i replaced it and then today i brought the car in to boost and the fitting that the hose is on blew completely off the intake. Any ideas on whats causing these problems?
hmm, try clocking your MAF for the killing issue(rotating on the axis of 360*). Is the MAF or CAI aftermarket?

Sounds like the Heater core may be plugged? Thus pressure building bursting the hose/fitting. ?? Not sure. Does your coolant look good? any signs of leakage.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

the coolant looks good, no signs of leaks. I thought the heater core might be the issue but the heat still works fine, so since the heat works doesnt that mean the heater core is ok? As for the maf and cai, the maf is stock the and the cai is custom to work with my vortec s/c
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

What kind of car are you driving?

Are you sure the hose/fitting wasn't already damaged or frayed before the issue?

For the idling issue clean the MAF with electrical cleaner and clean your IAC valve with carb cleaner. Check your spark plugs for any water residue. Also Look into the positioning of the MAF Sensor ... should be about 10 O'clock if standing in front of the engine

That maf is about 2 oclock

but with it being an idling issue I'm kinda hesitant on the MAF. Also get your tune checked with the shop you had it performed...
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT