Mustang Evolution Forum banner

cam position sensor????

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  03-4.6 
#1 ·
I just bought this 2003 gt saturday and the guy told me that if i run it hard the sensor would send out a malfunction code. well needless to say i got the service engine light. I replaced the sensor but the car still cuts off right after you crank it, and its drinking a lot of gas. but this sensor has been replaced about four times and it still does it. any idea whats causing this to happen?

Thanks, daniel

#4 ·
try disconnecting both cables and touching both cables together. this will clear all memory from the PCM and put it into learn mode. this will make it use the new sensor

#7 ·
I would suggest having a diagnosis performed on the vehicle by a qualified technician. Although we may be able to help you in most cases or even get lucky with our guesses sometimes. The technician will be able to accurately gather information and test it. Obviously the Camshaft Sensor is not the only problem or the problem at all.

#8 ·
I forgot about this, but the problem was the alternator, it was putting out some type of frequency and causing the sensor to go bad. About a week after i found out the alt. locked up....... the gas mileage problem was fixed by going to a different gas station.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.