engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-28-2009, 06:53 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1 View Post
well took the car to ford(costs arm and leg ugh) and they told me it's more than likely the timing and so did some other mechanic.......now it's still at ford they looking at it tomarrow but if say the timing is off they said it only takes a program on the computer to change it and yet another guy says you have to freaking tear the hole front of the motor off to get to the 2 chains.....what ones right for i know one is $$$$ and the other way ford said would take 30 seconds and $80
well perhaps the XCal III could help out with that. But I'm betting the fuel pump needs replaced in mine as well. And if it is just the tune, I don't wanna get it tuned and THEN add the supercharger, and THEN get it tuned again.
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 291
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

i wish there was an anti-thanks button on here. all this speculation is ****ing retarded. im sorry
iamdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 142
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

think its time for a tampon change buddy
eddie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-28-2009, 07:46 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdat View Post
i wish there was an anti-thanks button on here. all this speculation is ****ing retarded. im sorry

We do not tolerate uncoolness around here.



*cool -1 for "iamdat"*
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 291
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
We do not tolerate uncoolness around here.



*cool -1 for "iamdat"*
hahaha!, i coulda told you i wasnt cool.
iamdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdat View Post
i wish there was an anti-thanks button on here. all this speculation is ****ing retarded. im sorry
it isn't just "speculation". I have serious support for it being the fuel pump. It isn't like I had problems and immediately said AH HA! it's the fuel pump.

Car was running rough... the MAF had a bad seal that couldn't be fixed (stripped screw hole)... so I replaced it with a new one.

Car ran better, but still rough... found and replaced vac leak in the PCV hose (passenger side).

Car ran better yet, but started having issues under high load... then under regular load... then under any load. Fuel lines have little pressure. Fuel pump sounds like a small girl screaming when I give it power... car runs ok for the first couple seconds it's started after allowing the pump to run for awhile to pressurize the system... then starts having issues. Car was misfiring from multiple cylinders, supporting weak fuel pump. Now all I need to be sure is the fuel pump to come inside and say "replace me.. I'm broken, and don't want to work any more... hire a mexican to take my place... he'll do a better job for half the price".
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:14 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 142
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

and also does it matter what we say? we both have the same problem and sooner or later one or the other gonna find the lil gremblin
eddie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1 View Post
and also does it matter what we say? we both have the same problem and sooner or later one or the other gonna find the lil gremblin
no.. we both have similar SYMPTOMS. That doesn't mean we have the same problem.
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 142
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

true but regardless there very close i'll let you know what the ford place says tomarrow around 4ish
eddie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:37 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1 View Post
true but regardless there very close i'll let you know what the ford place says tomarrow around 4ish
regardless of what happens... the fuel pump will get replaced
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 291
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
it isn't just "speculation". I have serious support for it being the fuel pump. It isn't like I had problems and immediately said AH HA! it's the fuel pump.

Car was running rough... the MAF had a bad seal that couldn't be fixed (stripped screw hole)... so I replaced it with a new one.

Car ran better, but still rough... found and replaced vac leak in the PCV hose (passenger side).

Car ran better yet, but started having issues under high load... then under regular load... then under any load. Fuel lines have little pressure. Fuel pump sounds like a small girl screaming when I give it power... car runs ok for the first couple seconds it's started after allowing the pump to run for awhile to pressurize the system... then starts having issues. Car was misfiring from multiple cylinders, supporting weak fuel pump. Now all I need to be sure is the fuel pump to come inside and say "replace me.. I'm broken, and don't want to work any more... hire a mexican to take my place... he'll do a better job for half the price".
my fuel pump sounds like a small girl screaming too. drive with a fuel pressure guage. what makes you think it might not be dirty injectors?, coils breaking down?, leaking EGR valve? leaking intake gaskets?, etc...?
honestly dude, i do this stuff for a living. im not trying to be a jerk, i just get frustrated when people replace parts without a real diagnoses. you need to get an IDS on that thing and do a cylinder balance test. also, mode 6 data should be checked. asi said in another thread, there can be a misfire without an actual code popping up. what about the fuel rail pressure sensor voltage? whats voltage is the MAF reading? short term and long term fuel trims? all these things have to be considered before making a diagnosis. they all link.
iamdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 291
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
regardless of what happens... the fuel pump will get replaced
i hope you're not wasting your money
iamdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:53 AM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdat View Post
my fuel pump sounds like a small girl screaming too. drive with a fuel pressure guage. what makes you think it might not be dirty injectors?, coils breaking down?, leaking EGR valve? leaking intake gaskets?, etc...?
honestly dude, i do this stuff for a living. im not trying to be a jerk, i just get frustrated when people replace parts without a real diagnoses. you need to get an IDS on that thing and do a cylinder balance test. also, mode 6 data should be checked. asi said in another thread, there can be a misfire without an actual code popping up. what about the fuel rail pressure sensor voltage? whats voltage is the MAF reading? short term and long term fuel trims? all these things have to be considered before making a diagnosis. they all link.
where were you when I swung down to Baton Rouge? haha. I don't think you're being a dick man. It's all good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdat View Post
i hope you're not wasting your money
Well, here's the reason I'm not wasting my money... I had to upgrade the fuel pump anyway. I'm planning a Kenne Bell... and even with the boost-a-pump, I'm gonna need some extra fuel. I went ahead and bought an XCal-3... so I can do some data logging and you can mull over it if you like. I'm more than willing to do tests that you see fit as I don't want to put a blower on a car that's already having issues. All I ask is that we wait and see if the fuel pump fixes the issue
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 291
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

fair enough. all is good in the name of upgrading. in about 7 months, im gonna have a REALLY loud fuel pump
magnapumps for the win! i have no idea where i was though, prolly working on something! hope you make it down for the new orleans meet. fun will be had. im trying to convince a few more people to come tag along
iamdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdat View Post
fair enough. all is good in the name of upgrading. in about 7 months, im gonna have a REALLY loud fuel pump
magnapumps for the win! i have no idea where i was though, prolly working on something! hope you make it down for the new orleans meet. fun will be had. im trying to convince a few more people to come tag along
I don't think it'll be possible this year... I'm working my balls off this summer. I have 3 jobs lined up. Should be more than enough to pay for a 2.1L Kenne Bell... I just have to figure out my engine issues.
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:35 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 291
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
I don't think it'll be possible this year... I'm working my balls off this summer. I have 3 jobs lined up. Should be more than enough to pay for a 2.1L Kenne Bell... I just have to figure out my engine issues.
i hear ya man. im getting to where im starting to spend BIG money on my car. its a leech thats never satisfied. hopefully, single digits will be in my future
iamdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #52
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdat View Post
fair enough. all is good in the name of upgrading. in about 7 months, im gonna have a REALLY loud fuel pump
magnapumps for the win! i have no idea where i was though, prolly working on something! hope you make it down for the new orleans meet. fun will be had. im trying to convince a few more people to come tag along
I'm not sure his body is ready for another trip to new orleans. And I know Louis' truck isn't ready for him to be in it for another trip to new orleans. lol
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 291
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
I'm not sure his body is ready for another trip to new orleans. And I know Louis' truck isn't ready for him to be in it for another trip to new orleans. lol
iamdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:50 AM   #54
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Hahaha yeah my liver is still pissed
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
hottcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,638
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
Hahaha yeah my liver is still pissed
mine has never been happy with me
__________________

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:28 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 142
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

well turns out the brilliant workers at autozone don't know how to do there damn job so basickly I spent $150 for ford to tell me hey your coil pack is bad when the boys at autozone said they were fine the same day. ha but its about 75% betetr tho the problem is cyclinder #3 still miss fires at heaveyloads(flooring it, 4 or 5 gear when you give the gas) it like to jerk and sputter....any help on how to make it so its completely gone?
eddie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:52 PM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1 View Post
well turns out the brilliant workers at autozone don't know how to do there damn job so basickly I spent $150 for ford to tell me hey your coil pack is bad when the boys at autozone said they were fine the same day. ha but its about 75% betetr tho the problem is cyclinder #3 still miss fires at heaveyloads(flooring it, 4 or 5 gear when you give the gas) it like to jerk and sputter....any help on how to make it so its completely gone?
I'm sure those that know more than me will put their input in. Sounds like you have more diagnosing to do. Me wonders if my coil pack is ok...
If not: GMS Ford 2V Pro-Series Coil Pack 99-04 (Set of 8) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! :drool: haha... as much as I hate throwing money away, I need this ***** to work correctly before I blow it
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 142
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

i mean the car runs like ALOT better to the point were you can drive it daily and not realy care or ever notice it, but as being younge and loving to floor it here and there and go balls to the wall it annoys the living crap out of me and realy looking to fix it 100%
eddie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1 View Post
i mean the car runs like ALOT better to the point were you can drive it daily and not realy care or ever notice it, but as being younge and loving to floor it here and there and go balls to the wall it annoys the living crap out of me and realy looking to fix it 100%
change the plugs and see what they look like?

Data log it with a tuner?

Me wonders if you're not getting spark... or compression... or gas.
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 142
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

gas pressure been tested its fine.....plugs are brang new basickly.....compression is fine.....the ford place ran that super computer thing (i don't knowwhat its called) and it came up as miss fire in cylinder #3 adn the coil pack helped a ton but im thinking mabe replacing all plug wires and just that plug(plugs literaly no more than 3 months old)

but the ford computer said all problems are from darn cyclinder #3

oh also it realy only does it when rpms are under 1500 0r like i said in 4 or 5 gear and give it gas to get moving say to go from 35 to 50 it'll studder for a second then once rpms catch up it fine
eddie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #61
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1 View Post
gas pressure been tested its fine.....plugs are brang new basickly.....compression is fine.....the ford place ran that super computer thing (i don't knowwhat its called) and it came up as miss fire in cylinder #3 adn the coil pack helped a ton but im thinking mabe replacing all plug wires and just that plug(plugs literaly no more than 3 months old)

but the ford computer said all problems are from darn cyclinder #3
is this cylinder 3 on the passenger side? The cylinder just under the throttle body/CAI is my "problem" cylinder. The plug always has a little bit of oil around the threads. I'm really hoping it's just the fuel pump, but I fear that it may also be the coils. I'm hoping data logging will provide the answer
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 142
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

ya its the on the passenger side 3rd one up or second down from windshield.

I think im going to buy a new plug and set of wires and see how it goes if not what else can i do?
eddie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:04 PM   #63
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1 View Post
ya its the on the passenger side 3rd one up or second down from windshield.

I think im going to buy a new plug and set of wires and see how it goes if not what else can i do?
dude, that is the same one that causes issues as me! Ruh roh... haha. iamdat, will datalogging help you tell what's wrong?
I'm getting worried it's more than the fuel pump, again... haha.
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 142
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

ha wow one in a million chances.....let me what the datalogger says.....and you still think the fuel pump could be the problem?

I'm not any expert but if the coil pack was the main issue wouldn't that mean the spark wasn't happing or not strong enough to burn the fuel properly or happening at the wronge time on only that cylinder so if a new plug and wire doesn't work what would be the next step? oh if only money grew on tree's
eddie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:48 AM   #65
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1 View Post
ha wow one in a million chances.....let me what the datalogger says.....and you still think the fuel pump could be the problem?

I'm not any expert but if the coil pack was the main issue wouldn't that mean the spark wasn't happing or not strong enough to burn the fuel properly or happening at the wronge time on only that cylinder so if a new plug and wire doesn't work what would be the next step? oh if only money grew on tree's
well, I know how the car runs. If I give the fuel pump a chance to run before I start the car, it idles ok for a couple seconds. I ordered the tuner Monday, but it hasn't shipped yet
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:59 AM   #66
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

it's worth mentioning my new fuel pump is OUT FOR DELIVERY!

Unfortunately, I have class til 8:30 tonight. However, after my work meeting tomorrow, I should be able to get it done.
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 291
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

the "super computer" thingy is an IDS.
iamdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:05 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 291
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

a datalogger like an SCT will only do so much an only datalog so much. theres a point where you're gonna need to see mode 6 data .(ford datalogging data where you can practically see EVERYTHING going on) as far as plugs and wires, not a bad idea at all. preventative maintenence is where its at. it might be far fethched but its possible that high resistence in wires/plugs caused premature wear on the coil. heat is the killer of the coils though by far unless you have water/oil leaking in to the spark plug holes causeing the coils to short.

Quote:
I'm getting worried it's more than the fuel pump, again... haha.
thats what was my concern wheni made that rant earlier!
i hope it fixes the problem but i wouldnt hold my breath
iamdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:19 AM   #69
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdat View Post
a datalogger like an SCT will only do so much an only datalog so much. theres a point where you're gonna need to see mode 6 data .(ford datalogging data where you can practically see EVERYTHING going on) as far as plugs and wires, not a bad idea at all. preventative maintenence is where its at. it might be far fethched but its possible that high resistence in wires/plugs caused premature wear on the coil. heat is the killer of the coils though by far unless you have water/oil leaking in to the spark plug holes causeing the coils to short.


thats what was my concern wheni made that rant earlier!
i hope it fixes the problem but i wouldnt hold my breath
yeah, but I really don't want to pay $150 or so bucks for them to run their mode 6 data on it and say "yeah, it's the coil pack"... if I can determine that with something else. Do they give you a full read out? If so, it might be worth it... as I want to make sure the motor is blower safe, and $150 to prevent it blowing up is a deal I would have to make.
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 291
Re: engine issues... no codes... fuel pump video added

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
yeah, but I really don't want to pay $150 or so bucks for them to run their mode 6 data on it and say "yeah, it's the coil pack"... if I can determine that with something else. Do they give you a full read out? If so, it might be worth it... as I want to make sure the motor is blower safe, and $150 to prevent it blowing up is a deal I would have to make.
they can tell you whatever information you want. they can give you cylinder compression variance (actual numbers still need to be gotten the old fashion way) people complain of spending 150 to get it checked out but really its not that bad considering how much the tool cost. i have a personal one and i paid 4 grand for it not including cost of updates. mode 6 is just one piece of info used to solve the puzzle. IMO, ive worked with several manufacturer specific scan tools as well other universal types (snap-on modis, master tech, etc..., etc...) and i think the IDS is the most in-depth, best scan tool out. if only it did other manufacturer's stuff
iamdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pruchased my Fuel Injectors and Fuel pump today Brent Pictures and Videos 36 12-14-2010 04:22 PM
Fuel pump issues! Can anyone help? Stangbaby302 1979-1995 Mustang GT 5 04-13-2008 01:44 AM
Fuel pump lowflyn Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 4 08-01-2006 09:12 AM
19LB Fuel Injectors; 190-255LPH Walbro Fuel Pump Brent Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 5 05-12-2005 12:04 AM
fuel tank and radiator issues... mustangmare Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 1 11-01-2004 08:09 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:34 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.