02 vic help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-16-2005, 11:00 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
02 vic help NEW vid...

please... As ya'll know i have a 2002 vic, P71. last week we had a bad rain storm, and leaving BSU with my buddy behind me in his 98 F150, hit some good size water and humm lets say I should of not drove in the water... but even be4 I drove in the big water, i felt (it has rained hard all week here) the motor a little slugish, like when i was 40-50mph it would feel like it could not fig out the gear to be in... tranny is fine. and now when i hit the gas harder then slow, (norm. driving to full all the way) my car studders, and it died 2 times under wot, and once just when i tapped the gas a little harder... also my check engine light came on, (I have been 2 busy to have it checked, this started tues. night drove in the floods, wed, thurs i drove it to work, had the light sluggish in the speeds at 40-50, and friday night, i left to go to Ball state univ, and it died once, then my check engine lght came on, then when i got to BSU it died going to dinner, then i have takin it easy, and then thats when i picked up my stang to drive sat afternoon, sat night hit a dang Dog.... neways, see other topic about that.. but any ideas abuot the vic? i am going to take it to autozone after wook monday and read the light, but i also changed the air filter tues be4 the floods, and then Oil wed night and put a new belt on the car. other probs have been my batt light flickers when it gets sluggish ...... OK here is a vid... anyideas now? it started back up just fine after it died, pulled into a parkin lot, put it in N then started back up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2005, 08:20 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

wow thanks guys....... fell like a dang noob.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:36 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Hm...I dunno man. Have you carried it by autozone yet? I'd take the spark plug wires off the distributor, let that dry off good. Take the spark plugs out and make sure everything dries out real good. Otherwise..I dunno
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2005, 07:30 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

autozone said, i have 2 codes, one is cyl 5 is miss fire, and i have a fuel prob. could be the cap(its on there fine) filter, inj., idk....
Old 01-18-2005, 10:02 PM   #5

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
could be a coil pack possibly
Old 01-19-2005, 12:06 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
If that engine is like the GT engine, it has separate coils on each cylinder, so it could be that coil, but it does not have coil packs like on the V6s. As for the fuel problem, it would be real nice if you fuel cap was just loose, I put an aftermarket fuel cap on my V6 one time, kept getting fuel codes all the time, went and got a factory fuel cap and it got rid of the problem.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 12:18 PM   #7

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick0636
If that engine is like the GT engine, it has separate coils on each cylinder, so it could be that coil, but it does not have coil packs like on the V6s. As for the fuel problem, it would be real nice if you fuel cap was just loose, I put an aftermarket fuel cap on my V6 one time, kept getting fuel codes all the time, went and got a factory fuel cap and it got rid of the problem.
thats what i meant, just a previous experience with a buddys GT and alittle water. the nuber 7 coil went bad and it idled rough, etc.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:36 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Cool, yeah that could happen.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 04:21 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

thanks guys, from www.crownvic.net they told me somemore things, and its a common prob with Vics and that #5 cyl (and COP) to get wet so this weekend i am going to tear it apart and look around... kinda sucks I have to drive the stang with 1-4" of snow going to be here tonight and this weekend.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:08 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
could very well be your fuel pump

they go bad ALL THE TIME on cop cars (we get tons of warranty crown vic police cars at my shop..) - it'll feel like it doesn't know what gear its in, if you punch it around 25-30 MPH to downshift to second it'll rev and rev (commonly, doesn't mean yours will).. (don't let it rev.. you have no rev limiter lol) it'll also hesitate, be sluggish, etc..

with a lift, it takes me less than 20 minutes to swap out a fuel pump.. all you have to do is pry the exhaust out of the way for one bolt, then the other way to slide the module out.. the rest are cake to get to
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 06:40 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
could very well be your fuel pump

they go bad ALL THE TIME on cop cars (we get tons of warranty crown vic police cars at my shop..) - it'll feel like it doesn't know what gear its in, if you punch it around 25-30 MPH to downshift to second it'll rev and rev (commonly, doesn't mean yours will).. (don't let it rev.. you have no rev limiter lol) it'll also hesitate, be sluggish, etc..

with a lift, it takes me less than 20 minutes to swap out a fuel pump.. all you have to do is pry the exhaust out of the way for one bolt, then the other way to slide the module out.. the rest are cake to get to
WOW your good! yeah I changed the plugs, all looked BAD! GAP's were over .60 and it runs better, BUT when i get on it, or drivin about 30-40 its sluggish, has not reved up yet, but feels like it cant fig out what gear... man your right on the nail.. how hard would it be for me (no lift) to change that? ir get raped @ ford and let them do it? BTW thanks, and anything else that i should know about? OO and my batt light flickers now, i am going to take a vid tonight when i drive it someplace to show you.. thanks bud also the 2 pics, plug # 5 is the one with my finger on it.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:17 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Looks like the problem might be solved.
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Js281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 10:53 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js281GT
Looks like the problem might be solved.
nope still probs not as bad, weather has been no snow so i have been drivin the mustang, the stang and Vic will be sold be4 May 19 of this year... ( going to buy a 2002+ Mustang gt...)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT