Predator Programmer - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-20-2005, 10:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Predator Programmer

I pulled all the paperwork off the internet to program it, let me tell you that shiznit is confusing. I am too scared to screw with my spark/fuel curves. I dont want to hurt my motor. Can I just do a normal tune or should I just wait to get a custom one from diablo. I was hoping I could just do a normal one because I am going to the track soon. Since I dont have a blower I think I will be ok. If I did I would make sure it was tuned perfect.
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Js281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2005, 11:04 AM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Js281GT
I pulled all the paperwork off the internet to program it, let me tell you that shiznit is confusing. I am too scared to screw with my spark/fuel curves. I dont want to hurt my motor. Can I just do a normal tune or should I just wait to get a custom one from diablo. I was hoping I could just do a normal one because I am going to the track soon. Since I dont have a blower I think I will be ok. If I did I would make sure it was tuned perfect.
The predators come with standard "performance" tunes. These change your curves based on standardized data. It is kind of a crap shoot with these stock tunes as they don't take into account your elevation and such. It may work, or you may run rich and have issues idling and such. I would say, throw the tune on your car, and see how it runs for a couple days or so. If it seems ok, then leave it until you get a custom one done. The stock performance tune worked fine on my cobra while I waited for my tune to come in.

When you do go custom, I suggest www.RunninWithTheDevil.com . Their tuning site is www.DiabloSportTuning.com . It is $100 for the first tune, and additional updates are free until further notice. The dude is real good too. Hits it the first time about 95% of the time. I believe it is a 2 or 3 day turn around. Send them your tune, they send you the new one.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Smurfin I knew I could count on you! dammit why is my wiener so small?
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2005, 11:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I have to send them the programmer?

Old 01-20-2005, 11:39 AM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
I have to send them the programmer?
No. The way it works is this. When you plug the programmer into your car, the first thing it does is download your current tune into it. This marries the unit to your car until you restore the stock tune back. It will not let you change any settings on your car without first downloading your stock tune.

This tune is stored in the programmer. With the PC interface deal (a serial cable, power supply, and the program from diablo), you transfer the downloaded file to your PC. Then you send them that file. The tunner will then modify that file using their tuning software and send the updated tune back to you. You will then transfer this file back to your predator and upload it into your car.

The program is available from one of the links I mentioned above. I don't remember which one I downloaded it from. They also give you the part numbers from radio shack of the power supply and serial cable.

EDIT: Here is what is needed to get the custom tune. http://www.diablosporttuning.com/for...aq_ford_custom
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:55 AM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

By the way, I just read your mods, and I think that if you go with the stock performance tune, you are going to end up running lean. I am in a bit of a stuper at the moment so it took me a few to catch on. I wouldn't reccoment putting the stock tunes in your car...it may be ok, but, with your intake mods, I think you may lean out.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I am printing it right now, thanks. I think this is a real good learning experience. I think I will learn alot as I go. I will let you know how it goes. Btw, is the predator unit just as good as the sct? (superchips) I know with that one you can have three settings. Like if you come to California where we only have 91 octane.

Old 01-20-2005, 11:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
By the way, I just read your mods, and I think that if you go with the stock performance tune, you are going to end up running lean. I am in a bit of a stuper at the moment so it took me a few to catch on. I wouldn't reccoment putting the stock tunes in your car...it may be ok, but, with your intake mods, I think you may lean out.
****t & I was just starting to get confident. I should just wait to get the custom one huh?

Old 01-20-2005, 12:01 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
I am printing it right now, thanks. I think this is a real good learning experience. I think I will learn alot as I go. I will let you know how it goes. Btw, is the predator unit just as good as the sct? (superchips) I know with that one you can have three settings. Like if you come to California where we only have 91 octane.
SCT is the future of tuning. they are a little better than the predators are now. I found this out a day after buying my predator. Oh well, it certainly got the job done for me. With a good tune, I think the predator will hold its own. The only thing it is short on is I don't believe the predator will let you have multiple settings in your car, but, you can store multiple tunes and just upload the tune you want to use when you want/need it.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I will buy those parts from Radio Shack that will be my first step.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT