kb question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to bobbyoooo
kb question

ok so ive been looking around for superchargers i threw out kb right away cuz i thought they were alot more exspensive then i thought they were so now they back into the picture, so i was wondering would my car an 01 gt auto with 108k or the motor/tranny and only mod right now is full exhaust, so i was just wondering if the tranny would hold? i dont beat the car at all drive like a sane person but sometimes just want that kick especially at the lower rpm's cuz that wat im mostly at. so if anybody can shine in on this it be would be appreciated also i do not plan on getting ride of the car i would like to keep it for a while wether i have to replace the tranny down the road ill do so just throwing that out there. also will install a tranny cooler to help with that and i am planning the put 3.73 rear gears in. also the kit comes with intercooler, kb's boost a pump, and a chip. what else would i have to upgrade besides the injectors and fuel pump

thanks guys for any answers
bobbyoooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq
Re: kb question

Before adding boost I would have the compression checked on all your cylinders to make you feel more assured about adding power. If compression is fine then go ahead and throw the KB on there.
Personally I would hold off on the gears and use that money towards beefing up the tranny. The kb will pull at low rpms so the gears won't be completely necessary, although it would add to the kick.

I would also set aside some money to have the A/F checked after it's all installed and make sure it's checked by someone that has experience with mustangs and KB's.

Tranny cooler is always a plus.

p.s. the post is time consuming to read with all the run on sentences, lack of commas and other relevant words.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to bobbyoooo

sry man was very tired when i wrote that should re read it to make sure it was ok but ehh, and thanks for the info, were should i go to get a compression check ford dealer?
bobbyoooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

Any reputable shop should be able to do it. I think you can buy the kit for like 30 bucks or something around there. Once the hood is popped open it should only take 30 minutes for the average joe to check them all.

Also in your sig under still to come, the 75 mm tb won't be needed as well as the steeda ud pullies if you're getting the KB for sure.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT