Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Black interior pieces

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  sonicpony03 
#1 ·
#4 ·
The dye or the junk yard is your best best. Unless you can find a wrecked one with the interior your need. The dye is a lot of work though. I changed my interior in my 79 to black. took forever but looked good when i was done.

#5 ·
I would definitely say paint it (could use regular spray paint) if you mess up, just paint over. I could refer you to some other forums (sorry Brent) where you can check the classifieds. Or just keep searching junk yards.

#7 ·
My buddy painted his interior. He had a vinyl headliner. The paint he has been using is the high heat paint, you know for the 500+ degrees that usually goes inside the engine bay. He loves it and that seems to be the only paint he uses for now. Personally I'd go with Krylon Fusion, it's made specifically for plastics. Rust-olium (sp?) and other brands make there own "plastic specific" paint.

Look for a paint or dye that is made for the interior you plan on changing. Plastic dye/paint for the plastics, vinyl die/paint for any vinyl.

#8 ·
You may want to check with Prestige Mustang in Georgia. They have a bunch of 94-98 mustangs/cobras...might be able to find the pieces there. I was surprised to find they had the interior upgrade trim for the 03-04 mustangs, so you might get lucky. Buying the pieces from them might be more expensive than just painting them though.

+1 on the Krylon Fusion, pretty decent stuff

#9 ·
there are some junk yard sites that only sell mustang stuff, they can help you out im sure. I cant remember any off the top of my head though.

#10 ·
Yah that's what Prestige Mustang is. A junk yard of just mustangs, all years and models. Should've put that in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.