What do yall think i should do - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #1

Region: Georgia
What do yall think i should do

I recently traded my 95 supercharged mustang for a Range Rover and i have came to miss the speed and the sound of the mustang i ran across this guy that wants to trade me his 97 mustang i was just wondering what do yal think i should do here is some stuff about the mustang

The car is clean and hardly driven the engine was replaced and only has 33,000 miles on it you can easily tell this because the car use to be a v6 It shows as of 10/29/2009 33,500 engine was built from ground up all new parts i will list just the basics has a high performance racing crank and cam new fuel rails racing plugs and wires new coil packs aftermarket intake Raven X pipe high flow Exhaust with turn downs over the wheels no cats but will pass emissions new over-sized racing pistons and rings Bored out also been ported and polished positive traction rear end 373 gear new transmission only 6000 miles changed it over to the larger ford tyranny because we were going to put a 411 gear in it but didn’t get to that yet.
car has been chipped and tuned new ecu and all new wire harness throughout the car short shift gear shifter cobra r 17 racing wheels with 11in tires rear stage 3 racing clutch helix power tower tinted windows all new inside new seats, carpet, mats, headliner etc.
all black inside Eibach racing suspension also has strut bar to go across engine just not mounted right now heat works ac works but needs only the lines from the compressor and free-on should cost about 150.00 new form ford priced it on 10/29/2009 and free-on is only 80.00 bucks for that all new ac components in the car such as heater core and compressor etc. this car has no rev limits or speed limiters I have seen them with more miles selling for this price so it’s a bargain also will trade for anything of equal value 4 doors might consider other trades just to resale your trade must be between 8k and 12k My car is worth more than 9,000 stock cobras sell for that but i have it priced to sell
also im will be very hesitant to go the full way to you as i have been burned with over 150 bucks in gas wasting my time on crap please send updated pics of your ride if you want to trade i don't like a lot of surprises i list very truthfully about my ride and i ask that you do to thanks. Just a note dont want to get rid of it so if you have a mustang that is a new body style thats a v8 i would trade for it if you just want more power i need bigger rear seats this is just an option i will not offer cash with the trade it would be even swap besides it would cost you alot of money to get what i have anyways.
http://www.bestcreativecreations.com/websitecl.htm
http://i33.tinypic.com/2d1ph8y.jpg

please get back to me soon as i am needing to make my mind up by tomorrow i just dont want to get screwed thanks guys
1995procharged is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: What do yall think i should do

do it!
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Not a bad looking car! I saw some spots on the seats that looked like they were half-assed. You can pretty much bet that it's been ran like hell, and a little abused....but has it had regular upkeep? With all of the work/new stuff that's been installed all at once, I'd be a little weary, and REALLY have that car checked out. Maybe even try a carfax? Since it's been converted from a 3.8 to a 4.6, I'd also check to see if all of the running gear has been updated( driveshaft, rearend, axles, etc.)
Just my 2 cents
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho

If it was me I'd probably go with my heart and get another Mustang, but probably not that one. I don't know if I could trust that engine after some person just replaced it. I would keep looking around for another Mustang though.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yah I agree with Bstang on that one. I personally would have an issue with a car that has had that much work done. It could have engine problems shortly after buying it. If you did have problems later with the engine/drivetrain, good luck getting him to admit to anything or fix anything. But if you really are considering it, go for it! I'd do as outlawfrog said and check for GT upgrades such as rearend, gears, and driveshaft. I'd also check to see if he has a GT speedometer...if he did upgrade the drivetrain and didn't change the 120mph v6 speedo, it will be way off, not to mention the redline is different.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Yah I agree with Bstang on that one. I personally would have an issue with a car that has had that much work done. It could have engine problems shortly after buying it. If you did have problems later with the engine/drivetrain, good luck getting him to admit to anything or fix anything. But if you really are considering it, go for it! I'd do as outlawfrog said and check for GT upgrades such as rearend, gears, and driveshaft. I'd also check to see if he has a GT speedometer...if he did upgrade the drive train and didn't change the 120mph v6 speedo, it will be way off, not to mention the redline is different.
I went and test drove it today and it has a 8:8 gt rear end, 373 gears and the drive train has been upgraded to and the speedo is a gt speedo i think it goes up to 150mph and we check to see if it was off and it only was off by like 2mph. It looks yea better in person and drives yea better then any mustang i have ever drove. I real dont think it has as much hp then he says but it still drove good and everything look and sounded great no spurting, no smoking,knocking, leaks, shifts smoothly and the clutch catches really good
Old 11-05-2009, 12:38 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Check the carfax! Maybe it's on the up and up. Hell, at this point....what is left that could ****-up? lol
Go with your instincts....if yu like it...get it! BTW....what year is it? And what's he asking as a cash price? You can't sink 5k into a $3k car, and expect to get 8k for it....life just don't work that way! lol
Quote:
Old 11-05-2009, 12:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Check the carfax! Maybe it's on the up and up. Hell, at this point....what is left that could ****-up? lol
Go with your instincts....if yu like it...get it! BTW....what year is it? And what's he asking as a cash price? You can't sink 5k into a $3k car, and expect to get 8k for it....life just don't work that way! lol
Its a 1997 and he was asking $9000 and my range rover on kbb was $6200. Yea i understand you can sink as much money as you want into something and not your never going to get as much as you put in it
Old 11-05-2009, 01:08 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I'd suggest to keep looking! You can damned sure pick-up a much newer and nicer mustang for 9k. I only paid 3k on my 96 gt.....only 144k miles...runs and drives great....don't leak a drop of anything! I'd damned sure would NOT spend 9k on a 97!
Quote:
Old 11-05-2009, 01:10 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Well, you can find 99-04 GT's with 50-80k miles for $9000, so if you were actually going to buy the car, I'd say pass...but if you're going to trade the Range Rover, it may not be a bad deal if the car is solid.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:56 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

ehhhh.......I would pass, either way. 9000 is just way too damned much for a 97....even if it were a cobra. Personally, there's no way in hell I'd pay that much. But as I said....if you like it, and your gut tells you to get it....then get it.
Quote:
Old 11-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho

I think he's asking too much for that car. So many people out in the world put thousands of dollars into their cars and then when they sell it expect to get all that money back but it doesn't work that way.

I wouldn't put 9 thousand dollars into a car that was completely rebuilt by some guy. If you're going to throw down that much money I think it would be more wise to get something with the original engine because I the long run I believe that the stock engine would run better.

There are sooo many Mustangs out there for sale, I think you should keep looking. You can get some really good deals out there...I got my '03 Mustang with 63k miles for $6500 and it's in perfect condition.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

I would personally get back into a mustang since thats what I love, and I am not an SUV person. How/when and what type of mustang... thats up to you. I would just personally want to have one vs other vehicles.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT