Desencharger kit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-17-2005, 12:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to StangGt804 Send a message via Yahoo to StangGt804
Desencharger kit

I want to buy a desencharger for my 03 gt! But which kit is best!? Here are pics of the two different pipes they sell! Does anyone have experience or have one installed? Any input would help thanks! The longer pipe is 172 shipped and the shorter one is 119 shipped! Just wondering if there is a difference between the two, and if they are different in anyway! thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sys5-221d.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	11009   Click image for larger version

Name:	sys4-216d.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	11010  

Advertisement

Old 10-17-2005, 12:08 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Desencharger kit

The long pipe removes the stock pipe all the way up to the throttle body. The short pipe only removes the stock pipe up to the MAF sensor. The longer pipe is meant for more HP due to removing the goofy accordian in the stock pipe. Less turbulance, more HP is the theory.

There are a good number of people I know of running these kits. They seem to be happy with them. I believe most have the longer pipe. However, if you have, or plan to have, a strut tower brace, do not get the long pipe as it will not fit under the brace.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well i dont see a need for the strut tower brace in my future! So ill prolly end up buying the longer pipe! thanks for the input, and by the way! Giants RULE!! haha
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2005, 03:24 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

just about any cai kit on the market works exactly the same be it chrome or plastic what not so get what ever you like most.

the only real diff is some have the filter in the engine bay and some do not, this usually only changes the angle that the maf sensor reads the air and can alter a/f ratios
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:38 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

dude, that looks 99.9% the same as my Demolet piece. unless DeMolet owns densecharger.

looking closer at the stickers on the above posted pics, those ARE the "Tuneable Industries" piece i have made by DeMolet. maybe they make both, but whatever.

i like mine, you can hear it suck when you whomp on the gas. fitment was alright, doing the fenderwell filter was the hardest part. my final solution was to take the fender off and do everything the right way, cause getting the two 90* elbows together, even with grease, wasnt working with them in the car and the filter on. i put all the bends together and tight, stuck them through, bolted the filter on, put the cover plate in, bolted the maf on, then put the intake tube on. having the fender off made it so much easier.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:15 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Will the desencharger custom intake paint on the pipes, attract heat?? I was just wondering cause id thought it would look nice with the factort exterior paint on the intake!
Old 10-18-2005, 10:54 AM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
dude, that looks 99.9% the same as my Demolet piece. unless DeMolet owns densecharger.

looking closer at the stickers on the above posted pics, those ARE the "Tuneable Industries" piece i have made by DeMolet. maybe they make both, but whatever.

De Molet is Densencharger. They are who make it. Same company. The piece is just called Densencharger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangGt804
Will the desencharger custom intake paint on the pipes, attract heat?? I was just wondering cause id thought it would look nice with the factort exterior paint on the intake!
Unless you paint the pipes black, drive around completely hoodless or with a Grease Lightning clear plastic hood, the color of your pipes will not matter. Think about it this way, your stock pipe is black. If anything, adding paint will provide a teeny tiny bit of insulation for the metal tube. So teeny, that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Get the painted version.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 02:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
De Molet is Densencharger. They are who make it. Same company. The piece is just called Densencharger.

Unless you paint the pipes black, drive around completely hoodless or with a Grease Lightning clear plastic hood, the color of your pipes will not matter. Think about it this way, your stock pipe is black. If anything, adding paint will provide a teeny tiny bit of insulation for the metal tube. So teeny, that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Get the painted version.
The desencharger system intakes ARE NOT metal! These are the only intake that are worth buying. They are plastic. The metal types do nothing but attract heat and make you lose hp, while the plastic desencharger pipes dont!
Old 10-18-2005, 02:18 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
The desencharger system intakes ARE NOT metal! These are the only intake that are worth buying. They are plastic. The metal types do nothing but attract heat and make you lose hp, while the plastic desencharger pipes dont!
None the less, the answer to the paint question is still..."unless you drive around hoodless or with a grease lightning clear plastic hood, paint will do nothing."...get the painted version.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 03:12 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Yea, i will dsg desencharger!! woohoo Lookin pimp! haha
Old 10-18-2005, 06:10 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

they have had studies on this metal did the same as plastic in all areas of performance, there is no difference in the design, both are nearly worthless. Go with which ever you think looks best.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:11 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
bah figures.

its a nice piece, id definately recommend it.

Old 10-18-2005, 07:31 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
they have had studies on this metal did the same as plastic in all areas of performance, there is no difference in the design, both are nearly worthless. Go with which ever you think looks best.
Well those studies are wrong! I use to have a metal intake in my cavy and the thing was hot as fire to the touch! And how is that a "cold" air intake if its hot to the touch?? Well with the desenchargers, you can drive all day, pop the hood and touch it and itll be cold to the touch! Desencharger rule! Cant wait to order mine!
Old 10-18-2005, 07:33 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

If it makes you feel better to believe its working better for you then that should be enough. I was just letting you know if you like the metal ones they would work just as well. If you feel better with the plastic then by all means use it.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:41 PM   #15
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
It doesnt matter if its metal or not makes no difference in Horsepower.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:31 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
It doesnt matter if its metal or not makes no difference in Horsepower.
yup. the air inside is flowing too fast for hot or cold pipes to make a difference. and even if the metal pipe was super hot, it would only heat up the air touching the inner pipe, which doesnt account for much. and like i said, its going too fast for it to heat up that little bit of air that touches it more than a couple degrees before hitting the motor. a few degrees does absolutely nothing. its when you get into forced induction do you see 150*+ intake charge temps that it starts to hurt you, thus the need for inter/after coolers, especially turbo's, where compressed air becomes hotter(physics).

Old 10-19-2005, 08:12 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24

Densecharger, not Desencharger

And the air isn't in it long enough to heat up more then a couple of degrees. That's not enough to make a difference

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 01:51 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
Densecharger, not Desencharger
maybe in the deutschlande(germany)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT