first real race - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-23-2005, 07:10 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
first real race

so coming home, about 3 in the morning. i took the local cruising street a few blocks since it was the easiest way, and figured at 3 in the morning nobody would be out, and i was right. for the most part. as i come up to my turn, theres a honda in the middle lane, primered black accord, steelie rims(no hubcaps), with some thugganomic looking 12 year old and his pregnant fatso girlfreind in the pass seat. i think nothing of it and continue to turn off, well he follows me.

im cruising along at 45ish, and he comes up real fast, and as he gets next to me, slams his brakes and matches my speed. oh please, you have got to be kidding me? so i look over, and just laugh and shake my head, all the while this little punk is giving me the staredown. alright you little ****, you asked for it, now im going to embarass you in front of your girlfreind so i pop into 3rd(mind you, still at around 2500rpm, not much good for racing from a roll, but i knew i didnt need much) and wait for him to downshift. he takes the bait, as soon as i heard him get back into gear we both hit it hard, but he had absolutely nothing in the "go" department. before 3500 i was already seeing him in my rear view. pa-****ing-thetic, sorry for embarrassing you bud, not like i started it though

so a few lights ahead its a red. im there a good couple minutes, and guess who comes up. yup. he stops, revs his engine, then looks over. i let him hear the full fury of the spintechs all the while giving him the biggest "double you tee f" face i could conjure up. apparently it wasnt enough, he was in his "prelaunch revving" stage. alright bud, this is going to hurt you more than its going to hurt me. i raise the throttle to around 3000 and get ready to launch like ive never launched before. mind you, this is all overkill for this measly honduh, but he was just an excuse to practice a good launch. as the adjacent light turns yellow, we both look at eachother. as it turns red, we both look ahead.

and green, and both of us are struggling for traction. im giving the tires a good roasting through the intersection, but his fwd just couldnt handle a real launch(been there, done that). hit 2nd in a very crisp and authorative chirp, take 2nd all the way, hit 3rd till about 5k then let off. umm yeah, hes still way back there. more than likely gave up at the launch when i was already 5 cars ahead and he had lost before, knowing his chances were slim to nil that he was going to catch up. even if my car blew up, i could coast faster than his honda could race.

oh i also had a run in with a 05 GT on the freeway. dead ****ing even from 70 till 130(empty I-5 at 12 at night). it was a "chaser" race. where he just took off when he saw me behind him, and i paced him, though at no time did he ever gain any ground nor did he lose any. oh how i wish i had the gst at that moment to decimate yet another 05 gt, not just match him.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2005, 10:55 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Re: first real race

lol nice. First thing I'd do if I got a GT would probably get a new exhaust so I could hear that beautiful V8 roar. What's your upcoming performance mods?

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:27 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

i really should update my sig.

right now it has a MAC plenum(75mm) with stock throttle body, i have a mac 75mm TB but it was giving me lots of problems(sticky pedal, idle issues) so i swapped the stocker back on. it has a demolet/densecharger full CAI, and the Diablo Predator tune with timing advanced 5% on both points(but will slowly work to 10% advancement if there are no signs of predet/ping). it also has spintech 333scs side exhaust mufflers that have piping that goes to the side(ready for the roush stage3 kit) but has turndowns right now. it is very loud, basically the closest i can come to saying how it sounds is, put in gone in 60 seconds, and go to the part after he uses the nitrous, right before he breaks the side window, when he is just cruising through that industrial part of town very slow. sounds just like that.

this winter will be the sound system, followed by the roush kit and paint in spring. after that, a aluminum driveshaft, better clutch and 4.1's out back.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2005, 07:38 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

nice
Old 10-24-2005, 03:54 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
i really should update my sig.

right now it has a MAC plenum(75mm) with stock throttle body, i have a mac 75mm TB but it was giving me lots of problems(sticky pedal, idle issues) so i swapped the stocker back on. it has a demolet/densecharger full CAI, and the Diablo Predator tune with timing advanced 5% on both points(but will slowly work to 10% advancement if there are no signs of predet/ping). it also has spintech 333scs side exhaust mufflers that have piping that goes to the side(ready for the roush stage3 kit) but has turndowns right now. it is very loud, basically the closest i can come to saying how it sounds is, put in gone in 60 seconds, and go to the part after he uses the nitrous, right before he breaks the side window, when he is just cruising through that industrial part of town very slow. sounds just like that.

this winter will be the sound system, followed by the roush kit and paint in spring. after that, a aluminum driveshaft, better clutch and 4.1's out back.

friggin hell, what kinda job do you have to pay for all these wonderful mods? lol

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:31 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

it's called selling your old car and the mods seperately (thus maximizing profits) and only using some of the money to buy the new car, and spending the rest on new mods

good plan
Old 10-25-2005, 02:03 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
it's called selling your old car and the mods seperately (thus maximizing profits) and only using some of the money to buy the new car, and spending the rest on new mods

good plan
yup

i wouldve lost all the money i spend on mods if i sold them with the car, since mods are almost negative equity. nobody likes buying someone elses mistakes(even when theyre done right). a stock car will sell faster than a modded one. and aside from wanting to maximize my profits, i think that to fully respect a cars potential and power, the OWNER must do the wrench time, not someone else so the owner can just beat on it.

plus, i paid 9500 when i bought the car(7500 for the car, 2000 for a 2yr/2Kmi warranty(crankwalk insurance)). i sold it for 9,000. so i had it for almost 2 years and basically only paid 500 for it. and when i sold it, i only owed 6500 on it, so theres 3k in my pocket.

then id say all the evo16g setup cost me around 2500 bucks. i made 2000 back when everything was sold and done. so theres another 2k in my pocket. at one time my bank account topped at 4500$. then i spent alot of it in miscellaneous things(clothes, cool legos) and bought a few boltons for the stang(some still not installed yet, like the udp's). then 450 for insurance soaked me................but thats for 6 months of it. and to top it off, the payment was 220 a month for the gst, its 265 for the stang. not bad IMO. just smart buying. even though i couldve found a GT for cheaper, but i just couldnt feel right in anything but black and black.

Old 10-25-2005, 06:05 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

I hear ya. I'd be happy with a GT if it was Sonic Blue, Black, or Silver. Don't care much for anything else I guess.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT