Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Exhaust

Ok so I am looking into getting exhaust changed on my car. Right now its just stock but Im trying to decide what I want to get. Ive heard alot from different people and Im just looking for feedback on maybe what others have and what they like. Thanks
04_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Exhaust

For a GT I really dont know to much as far as what sounds like what. I went with borla stinger's since I wanted to keep my cat's and they were the loudest catback wise.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah Im keeping my cat's too. I was looking into borla and they sounded really nice I just don't know a lot about them.
04_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

I personally like the Bassani brand or Magnaflow. Nice sound.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

I don't think I've EVER heard a GT with modded pipes that sounded bad! Basically, as for brands, I think it's MOSTLY personal opinion. I've never had flowmasters until my GT...mainly because of all the rednecks around here with flowmasters on their Z-71's that sound like ****. But I'm honestly very pleased with the delta 40's on my GT. I had a magnaflow on my 03 FX4...it had a deep, aggresive sound to it, without being obnoxious sounding. For trucks....nothing sounds better than a Dodge with pipes ( and I don't really care for Dodges)......but to me....nothing....NOTHING sounds better than a V-8 mustang with pipes!!
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

You're lucky...you can use just about anything on your 2v v8 and it will sound good. I'd stay away from SLP, they really only belong on GM cars. As outlawfrog said, it's really a personal preference, but I've always liked magnaflow magnapacks, bassani, borla, or pypes.

My personal favorite is longtubes, offroad h-pipe, and a magnapacks = badass!

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:24 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I've got a 3-valve car, so I'm sure I sound different than yours, but I also recommend Magnaflow. I'm running the factory cats with the stock H and Magnaflow Magnapak axle-backs. The 'Paks are like the FRPP, Borla Stingers, etc. in that they are round instead of oval mufflers. My car purrs when cruising, and rocks when getting on the gas. I have no noticible drone while cruising. I like my system, and the only change I'm going to make to it is to add an X-pipe in the near future.
MetallicMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:25 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

Its really hard to go wrong with the exhaust on these cars. Borla, magnaflow, bassani, mac, flowmaster, ect, they all sound great on these cars.
I have magnapacks, with o/r bassani xpipe and bassani mid length headers. Personally, I think its just a bit more loud than I want it to be (attracts cops) but it sounds so raw and mean, I dont plan on changing it until I hear a better setup
chris098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:53 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the input it helps.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust