Raced a G35 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-04-2005, 06:41 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Raced a G35

going uphill.

poor sap had no chance.

i was down in san diego for the week, on my return trip, just as im about to head up the grapevine, i get next to a freshly waxed and cleaned G35 coupe, older man and his wife. im in 5th gear, doing about 85 as i pass him, he mustve been doing 80ish. i hit the hill, apply more gas as it gets steeper, but staying at a steady 85mph in 5th. he creeps up to me, looks over, and just punches it, and you could hear him trying, i slap it into 4th, match up with him, taching about 3600 at that point. hes still trying, so i decide to really give him the pain. let me remind you, were still climbing uphill, there is very little traffic, most cars stay to the right 2 lanes in a 5 lane hwy. so i slam it into 3rd, hit around 5.5k and start raping him. hit 4th, take that to about a buck 10, and hit 5th and cruise up the hill we were presently at.

when i reached the peak, with him far far behind, i just coasted down to 90ish as i came to the downhill stretch. and here comes mr infinity in the fast lane. i felt satisfied with the win, but i guess losing uphill wasnt enough for him, he gets next to me again, matching speeds at 85, like hes going to have a better chance if were going downhill. **** that, we both downshift, i only went into 4th cause i knew 3rd wouldve just flown by almost as soon as i shifted into it, possible chance for misshift or redline bounce that could lessen the rapeage. so we go at it again, downhill. odds are even more in my favor, i pulled even harder this time, hitting a buck 40 before i hit the brakes to slow my insane descent.

after that burst of speed i havent reached since owning the gst, i felt it was time to slow down, i had used up my "high risk maneuver" of the day(i only allow myself to get crazy or do something stupid once a day, which i call a high risk maneuver). he flies ahead, whoopteedoo, peace out mr infinity.

good 20 minutes later on the downhill side of the grapevine(takes a good half hour to fully clear the mountanous stretch of severe up and downhill inclines doing 80mph) im coming down. i caught myself doing 90 by total accident, its pretty hard not to speed unless you ride your brakes the whole way down, but i caught myself and hit the brakes, and came down to 80ish, and got back into the middle lane. now i have cars passing me on the left lane(fast lane), and i had been doing 80ish for quite some time.

i could make out the central valley ****hole on the horizon, i was a mere mile from clearing the grapevine. i see a CHP coming up in the fast lane. haha hes gonna pull over some poor soul flying down the stretch. but no, he gets behind me. aww horse****, you gotta be kidding me. flashes his lights. so i the nearest offramp, because i couldnt pull over cause of the trucks having to do only 35 in the far right lanes and the lack of any useful shoulder. he says he caught me doing 85, which is possible, i tell him i did catch myself a few times going over 80 but slowed down my descent. he said "thats no excuse." "no its not an excuse mr officer, i know that speeding down the grapevine is stupid, and a few times that i have attained speeds in excess of 80 miles per hour i caught myself and slowed down. but you have to understand, that while i was catching myself doing speeds in excess of 85, there were also cars passing me, i guess you missed the Honda CRV and Pathfinder that were before me doing 90 easily?"

he had no reply. took my license and reg and checked it. came back, wrote out a speeding tick for 80 in a 65. ******** "ok mr officer, you have a good day" i say as i fume under my skin. furious i was. seriously, everone else who i have ever driven with going through the grapevine have done excess of 100 the whole way down, never anything. i do 80 while people are ****ing passing me, and IM speeding? figures me, who will point out to people chp possible hiding spots when theyre going insane speeds downhill, will get pulled over for going the flow of traffic.

and its not like i can fight it, the ****ing court house is 5 hours away, in whatever bum****-middle-of-nowhere city is in the grapevine. but i really want to, even if the guy shows up, to plead to the jury to lessen the amount or something, but driving down andthere and back alone is half the amount of the ticket.

and no, you cannot have cliff notes. read the whole story. i wrote it, now you must read. quitcher*****in, it took me 4 minutes to write, you can read it faster than that.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2005, 08:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Raced a G35

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
going uphill.

poor sap had no chance.

thats all i read..........good kill
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 12:33 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

nice about the G35

Sucks about the ticket. At least it was only 15mph over, so you can do Defensive Driving to get it to not show on your insurance
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2005, 07:31 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

cops suck

good kill though
Old 11-05-2005, 08:39 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Well.....you were speeding, no arguing that one my friend.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 11:48 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

it wont matter, you were speeding you admit you were so you will have to pay... sure its not fair that he let others go though, thats a flaw on his person...you were still breaking the law... oh well you just have to NOT SPEED
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:50 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

awesome... and im sorry that sucks man. i hate cops.. no offense to anyone.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 06:15 PM   #8
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

holy novel... cliff notes

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 06:43 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

it's not that fact that he got busted for speeding that bugs me. it's the fact that the cop singled out the young guy in the nice mustang, even though people were passing him going 10 mph faster

that's why cops suck
Old 11-06-2005, 08:03 PM   #10
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

^ werd.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:20 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

eh **** it, i dont even care anymore. ill sell my useless MAC 75mm tb to pay for it.

Old 11-08-2005, 11:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

what's the fun in having a GT if you don't use it?
it sucks and that's life. could have been worse.
congrats on the kill though.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 03:21 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_luv_HP&trq
what's the fun in having a GT if you don't use it?
same as the fun of spending 3k and making a 400hp dsm and never racing anyone but yourself while you spend countless hours in the backroads doing 3rd gear pulls, fine tuning again and again, day after day, tweaking timing, airflow and fuel curves, realizing gauges were wrong(reading 20psi when in reality i was only doing 15), buying more sensors for a better edge on tuning, etc. and sadly, i cant wait to get back into that. contemplating buying my buddies 1g awd with a blown motor(id like to build a built stroker anyways) for 500 bucks, and just building that up and at the same time just making the stang a looker that is still able to get up to freeway speeds before even hitting the onramp.

Old 11-09-2005, 01:53 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Man that'd piss me off. Too bad you didn't have like a hidden camera in your car showing people passing you. Then I'd take that crap to court and ask if those people who passed you got tickets too

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT