Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Powdercoated Blown03/Mile High Dyno Ice Box - Pics !!!

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Monkey 
#1 ·
First things first... Huge thanks to Jay (Blown03) and Scott (Sambandit) from Modularfords.com for making and selling respectively a first rate quality product !!! :booze:

Not only did Jay do a good job on building the box but his customer support was extremely good to boot... Two thumbs up !!! Here are some pics of the installed product. If you are thinking of getting an Ice Box for your Eaton or Twin Screw powered car, don't look any further... This is the box to get...

Track numbers coming soon... :drive:

See less See more
#9 ·
call me a n00b but what does it do?

i see the intake coming in the pass side and going into the sc and motor, and i see the icebox on the drivers side, is there a connection? does it cool down something other than a can of beer?

#10 ·
EclipseGSTdude said:
call me a n00b but what does it do?

i see the intake coming in the pass side and going into the sc and motor, and i see the icebox on the drivers side, is there a connection? does it cool down something other than a can of beer?
The heat exchanger resides in the front of the car down below the radiator. The tank in the pic holds the intercooler fluid that runs through the H/E and into the intercooler. The air that comes in the intake goes through the in line intercooler that sits below the supercharger. From there on I am sure you get the picture.

Basically, the purpose of the tank is to replace the dinky one ford provides. It holds upwards of 900% more fluid depending on the model of tank you buy. It also allows for you to run your car with ice in the I/C resevoir so that you can get a super cool charge going into the engine at the track. Basically, the purpose is to hold more fluid in hopes of running cooler charge temps going into the engine therefore producing more power.

#12 ·
Looks good man. We definatly have to meet up sometime. There is gonna be a bbq (more imports - subbies, evos, etc but domestics are invited too) at some car place off of Midway near the Addison Airport on Sat. the 19th. Let me know if you want more information.

#13 ·
Monkey said:
Looks good man. We definatly have to meet up sometime. There is gonna be a bbq (more imports - subbies, evos, etc but domestics are invited too) at some car place off of Midway near the Addison Airport on Sat. the 19th. Let me know if you want more information.
PM me the information and I will do my best to be there !!!

#14 ·
huh, id have to see it in person to really understand the system, but its basically a air to water intercooler system, that allows the water running through the IC to be super cold correct?

#15 ·
EclipseGSTdude said:
huh, id have to see it in person to really understand the system, but its basically a air to water intercooler system, that allows the water running through the IC to be super cold correct?
That is exactly what it is in a nutshell.... The air being compressed by the supercharger (which is hot) goes through an intercooler sitting underneath the blower which has a cooling media running through it. The system goes as follow:

Coolant reservoir -> Intercooler Pump -> Heat Exchanger -> Intercooler -> Back to the reservoir

I hope that helps understand the system a little better... This aftermarket box holds over 500% more fluid than the factory reservoir and has a much larger opening that can be used to fill the box with ice for track sessions... Cooler air (denser air charge) = more power

#16 ·
yep, I went through 7 bags of ice on my last trip to the 1/4 mile ;)

With a relocated IAT and tune I'll be making quite a bit more hp :)

#17 ·
whipster24 said:
yep, I went through 7 bags of ice on my last trip to the 1/4 mile ;)

With a relocated IAT and tune I'll be making quite a bit more hp :)
I don't see how relocating the IAC can net you more horsepower. I am assuming you are moving it forward to that it reads the air as cooler. This would mean that the charge would be denser and thus send more fuel to compensate. This would make you run rich as the air isn't really denser, after it expands

#18 ·
Monkey said:
I don't see how relocating the IAC can net you more horsepower. I am assuming you are moving it forward to that it reads the air as cooler. This would mean that the charge would be denser and thus send more fuel to compensate. This would make you run rich as the air isn't really denser, after it expands

The IAC is before the blower so it only reads the air temperature entering the blower. Because of this I have a very conservative tune.

If I relocate the IAC after the aftercooler it can tell the true temperature of air entering the engine so when I run ice in the aftercooler, the computer knows it and can add some timing. Then I can get the tune more on the money :)

#19 ·
whipster24 said:
The IAC is before the blower so it only reads the air temperature entering the blower. Because of this I have a very conservative tune.

If I relocate the IAC after the aftercooler it can tell the true temperature of air entering the engine so when I run ice in the aftercooler, the computer knows it and can add some timing. Then I can get the tune more on the money :)
I really need to turn sigs on. Makes sense though if you have it now before the blower to move it after the aftercooler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.