Originally Posted by lowflyn
Lol...sounds like Tiff's car used to do. It ended up being battery problems in the end...
Just went thru the same thing replaced the battery problem solved
If a battery is bad, it will often give the impression that the alternator is bad... being the alternator is not being allowed to charge to it’s maximum capacity. But your test numbers are good
I also replaced the factory ground cable the factory copper end attaches all the white crap (acid drying) you are getting corrosion It could be that the battery is just sulfating so badly that it needs to be replaced or the charging system is overcharging
A fully charged battery will sit idle at 12.6 volts; 2.1 volts per six internal cells. Once the vehicle is started without a load (lights, radio, A/C and fan), the volts will rise to an average of 14 volts. If the multimeter reads higher than 14.8 volts, then the alternator should be checked for overcharging.
Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."