the x-pipe is on - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-21-2005, 06:47 PM   #1

Region: Tennessee
the x-pipe is on

well after a day of me and my dad trying to get it put on i finally broke down and took it to a muffler shop. anyways, i got it put on monday and all i've got to say is DAMN, my car sounds awesome now. it's just a little louder at idle and while cruising, but mash the loud pedal and it sounds MEAN as all get out. i had a friend of mine drive it down the road lastnight while i followed in his truck and it's a lot louder than i thought it would be. just thought i'd let everybody know how it went. anybody looking to get SLP products, i say go for it
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2005, 01:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Ibanezplayer272 Send a message via MSN to Ibanezplayer272
Re: the x-pipe is on

thats sweet man, but ill tell ya somethin, I know in mine atleast, sure it was loud when I got my exhaust put on, but then about a month later, I think they actually wore in and they sounded deeper, and sounded really good, it was an actually noticeable difference about a month later, check to see if thats the same with you, unless their used.

2007 Windveil Blue Mustang GT
Mods : Intake, Stubby antenna
Rolls are for fat chicks
Ibanezplayer272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:23 AM   #3

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6

I had an o/r x with my magnapacks and it was just too much, I could hardly leave a light nicely without getting some kind of unwanted attention. So now i have the stock H pipe back on, and Spintech side exit, Just right

Did you get the catted x pipe, or o/r?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2005, 01:37 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636

The catted one is a great compromise, not as loud, and you are still about emissions legal, even though with mine I ended up have to put on mils eliminators cause I kept getting check engine lights when I kicked it. Just as a double precaution on my chip I had them turn off the rear 02 sensors too.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 07:12 PM   #5

right now i've got SLP's loudmouth 2 catback and their catted X. i hope it does eventually get louder/deeper. i was hoping it would be substantially louder at idle, oh well. hopefully that will change after everything breaks in
Old 12-24-2005, 04:57 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01mineralgrey6
I had an o/r x with my magnapacks and it was just too much, I could hardly leave a light nicely without getting some kind of unwanted attention. So now i have the stock H pipe back on, and Spintech side exit, Just right

Did you get the catted x pipe, or o/r?
gotta love teh spintechs. im ****ing starting yet another craze down here with people and spintechs. the muffler shop which did my exhaust 2 months ago, now is a spintech dealer, just cause he loved the big block muscle car sound they gave my then stock gt. i go by there every so often to keep him updated on when ill be doing the roush kit and needing his spot welds for the tips(even though theyre bolt-on, im getting them welded anyways, he says he can weld steel to cast aluminum easily)

01mineralgrey6, if i have extra funds this spring after the roush fiasco is done, its either going to deep dish bullitts, or mac o/r H with cats(more than likely). ill tell ya how it sounds. h-pipes usually make a deeper tone and are for a added low end torque, while x-pipes give it a higher raspy tone and are good for making higher end hp gains. thats the general though on them at least.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Smile Re: the x-pipe is on

where did you have trouble putting it on? I bet it was the the right header. I had to use so many different angle sockets, angle swivels or whatever theyre called to put them on. (cant think of the names cause im sick) but it was a ***** to put in on. I didnt even use a lift. My arms were jello after a couple hours though. I did save alot of weight from the stocker to pro-chamber. Cant wait to put the heavy stocker back on to pass smog. Thats good you got a catted one so you dont have to fiddle with it every 2 years. Btw dont panic when it starts smellin funny. Its just breakin in.
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Js281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:28 PM   #8

i actually got all the stock pieces off fine. what i had trouble with was taking the old exhaust manifold bolts out on the driver side. i don't know if all the other mid-pipes require you to replace the old bolts on the driver side but SLP does. i didn't have any way of getting them out so i that's why i had to take it to a muffler shop and they heated them and got them out that way.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT