Beware crazy horse racing in NJ! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2005, 08:06 AM   #1
Beware crazy horse racing in NJ!

I would just like to inform the Mustang community to beware of Carzy Horse racing in NJ. I had taken my 00 supercharged focus into Crazy Horse racing for an engine ovehaul. as pre chris Winters, he suggested building a forged motor over a crate motor because of the 12-14 PSI I was pushing. I agreed and the engine teardown began. Chris promised the car in a month, I recieved the car 9-months later after 3-engine failures prior to me even recieving the car! On the fourth engine B&B Racing in Rahway NJ built the motor. Chris and B&B never replaced the overhead cam idler pulleys that had over 100K on them. My agreement with Chris was to replace anything that would make the car un-reliable or unsafe. It is general knowledge to replace $75.00 worth of parts when building a 9K motor and trans. Anyway the belt pulley went after maybe 1000 miles and destroyed the engine. Chris's exact quote was "I should have cherged you $20K and replace your whole car". This was after he was paid in full! I would not recommend anyone going to CHR in NJ for anything. Chris will not make good, I have 2-indepedent shops look at the car and they both agreed that the pulley was what caused the problem, the ford manual even states to replace the timing belt pulleys during cam belt change and or engine overhaul. IT is there in PRINT!
boostdfoci is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT