any suggestions looking for more upgrades - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-29-2010, 12:28 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
any suggestions looking for more upgrades

So i have a 2000 GT, i changed the gears to 3.73, did the exhaust flow masters, got the cold air intake, i even got the racing clutch. i was wondering what i should do next. i have been thinking about headers or maybe a chip or just a tune. any suggestions on what i should do???

00 GT 5spd
flowmasters exhaust
cold air intake
3.73 gears
and a 18 year old adrenaline junkie :burnout:
jkaminski24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2010, 12:29 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: any suggestions looking for more upgrades

What are your goals for the car? Have you done anything suspension-wise to help put the power to the ground? What about added stopping power?
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

no i havent done anything with the suspension or stopping power everything else is pretty much stock. what would you recommend?
I really just want a BADASS mustang, something that sounds good and runs even better. Something to kinda shut my dad and his vette up i dont have to beat it i just want him to be like Damn lol

00 GT 5spd
flowmasters exhaust
cold air intake
3.73 gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

well you can go for more power you can do looks or looks and suspension

If you want power a new upper intake, remove cats, adjust timing, tune (must be a good dyno tune NOT a mail order tune, you can buy the tuner in the mail but dont use their default "performance" tune lol. Replace it with a tune using a dyno with a good tuner and you sould see much better gains)

For looks/suspension lower it, wheels tires, wheel spacers maybe those make a huge difference. Springs run from 150-250 generally and you will need caster/camber plates for a good drop so you can align it and the tires wont wear funny on the front.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Yah you can make a white mustang looks really good. Rims/tires, a drop, some accents based on your wheel preference, etc...what SpectorV said, lol.

There are plenty of things you can do to build on top of the upgrades you've done already. The intake and tune along with some supporting suspension mods should wake the car up pretty good and surprise your old man.

A power adder and some internal work will blow him away.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Oh and longtube headers, an offroad h-pipe, and some borlas or magnapacks will put that vette to shame in the sound department IMO.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
well you can go for more power you can do looks or looks and suspension

If you want power a new upper intake, remove cats, adjust timing, tune (must be a good dyno tune NOT a mail order tune, you can buy the tuner in the mail but dont use their default "performance" tune lol. Replace it with a tune using a dyno with a good tuner and you sould see much better gains)

For looks/suspension lower it, wheels tires, wheel spacers maybe those make a huge difference. Springs run from 150-250 generally and you will need caster/camber plates for a good drop so you can align it and the tires wont wear funny on the front.

what would be a good tuner to purchase and a dyno how do i go about getting one? price range?

00 GT 5spd
flowmasters exhaust
cold air intake
3.73 gears
Old 02-03-2010, 02:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaminski24 View Post
what would be a good tuner to purchase and a dyno how do i go about getting one? price range?
Call a good dyno shop ask them what tuner they work with and get that one like say sct. Or you can save 380 bucks and have them flash it right into your ecu. The benefits of gettingthe tuner is reading and clearing trouble codes and you can reset the car to the stock factory tune.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:31 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to tedness

your car is a 2000 gt? suspension is something i would recommend for sure. get some new shocks and struts: if you're on a budget tokico hp 'blues' are good, but if you have money then koni and bilstein are great. koni because of the range of adjustability, bilstein because they can be rebuilt fairly easily. a good set of springs too, something a bit stiffer than stock would make your car feel brand new.

but also in regards to a tune, a multi-position chip is good too. you can have the tunes loaded on from a shop and then switch back and forward between the stock and performance tunes with the turn of a knob.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaminski24 View Post
Tuners local to you all use SCT almost exclusively. TPS will tune with the diablo handheld, but I don't believe they have the software to do it, they just use the device to tune with.

If you were to get an SCT tuner (XCal2, 3, etc), you could use TPS or StangHi to get your tunes for your car. You're looking at around $379 for the tuner, and then about $300-400 for a custom dyno tune.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT