ZEX KIT? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2010, 11:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Question ZEX KIT?

should i ....or should i not? what r the dangers and is it good to buy this? let me kno what u think ...

Zex Wet Injected Nitrous System (86-04 V8) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Gt.Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: ZEX KIT?

Well its out of stock. If you have forged internals you will be safer. If your running stock internals I would only go with a 75 shot and only do it a few times.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

yea i got stock ... my question really was knowing the dangers of nos...cant that **** blow up any time...i nvr dealt with it so want to kno what dangers imm doing to my car and what not...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Proper tuning will make all the difference when using nitrous oxide. Keep in mind, even with the best tune there's always that chance of something going wrong and damaging your engine, that can always happen. But the possibility of that happening is greatly reduced when using the proper tools/materials/tuning.

Of course, beefing up the stock internals is always the best way to prepare for any power adder.

Generally, if you just throw nos on and run, your playing roulette with your car. That extra pressure and strain is hard on the stock internals, and you are just counting the time until you blow out your manifold or completely toast your engine due to the lack of a good tune.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

If you do nitrous and want to be safe here is what i would do. Keep it at either 75 shot or 50 get a forged crank forged h beam rods forged je pistons new intake manifold and have a tune for nitrous. With forged internals you would probably be ok going to a 100 shot but to be safe i'd keep it at 75.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

nvm too much wrk for that crap ...i might just go sc after a few months
Old 02-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #7
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt.Vert View Post
How is a supercharger any less work than a nitrous setup?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:34 PM   #8
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt.Vert View Post
You don't need to put a bunch of forged internals in your car to run nitrous. The problem people will generally run into with a wet kit is puddling. With dry kits, people run into an issue of running lean.

To give you an idea about how a wet nitrous kit works I'll give you a little run down. The reason it's called "wet" is because it also injects fuel into your intake along with the nitrous. A dry kit only injects the nitrous oxide into your intake and relies on the MAF picking up the "extra air" per say to tell the computer to send more fuel into motor via the injectors. Generally, a wet kit is safer than a dry kit because you really have no chance of running lean.

This wet kit is going to tap into your fuel rail and send that line into a nozzle. That nozzle will also be the home of the nitrous line from your bottle. When these two mix at the end of the nozzle, this is where you will be installing that nozzle into your air intake tube.

I'm not sure how zex works, but on the NX kits, there are jets that you put into that nozzle to regulate how much fuel, and how much nitrous are injected into your motor. I know the ZEX kits are said to be very safe because they have a brain box, but I'm unfamiliar with how it works. Just keep your setup to no more than a 70-75 shot, and you should be fine. Another problem people have is they spray too early. You don't want to spray before 3k RPM's or you're asking for trouble (puddling). I'm pretty sure this is where ZEX's brain box comes into play, and taps into your tach so it knows when you're at a certain RPM.

For what it's worth, I ran a 100hp wet shot on my 95 single port with ZERO internal components for over 2 years, and it still ran fine. I ran countless bottles through that thing.

Bottom line is nitrous is by far the best bang for buck modification you're going to find, so just be conservative with it since you don't have a built motor, and you'll be fine.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:49 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

ok that helped alot...thx for the explanition on the wet kit...i didnt kno crap abt it..now i do...well brent waht i meant by too much work is getting into all those risk with nos usage but i think ill go for it and keep at 75 shot c the extra bump
Old 02-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

75 is a safe shot to work with

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT