Exhaust Question... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Region: Illinois
Posts: 70
Send a message via AIM to spadez81
Exhaust Question...

I know I'm gonna get different responses for this one, but I'm looking for the best cat-back system for the money. I have an '02 and I'm having trouble deciding which system to buy and I wanna know from you guys which ones I should consider...
__________________
Spade Has Arrived !!!!!
'02 Black GT 5-spd.(Mods coming shortly)
spadez81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-10-2006, 08:21 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Exhaust Question...

Personally I love the slp loudmouth...but it's loud.
Uhm..the magnaflows sound good, spintech is always a good choice. Borla sounds good, but a but pricey for me. Uhm...just about anything that sounds good to you.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:56 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Exhaust Question...

Cat-backs are really more of a matter of opinion than anything. Get whichever you think sounds best.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Region: Illinois
Posts: 70
Send a message via AIM to spadez81
Re: Exhaust Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Personally I love the slp loudmouth...but it's loud.
Uhm..the magnaflows sound good, spintech is always a good choice. Borla sounds good, but a but pricey for me. Uhm...just about anything that sounds good to you.
Yeah, the Loudmouths are sick, but a bit too loud for me cuz this is my everyday driver, but my main choices were between Flowmaster 40 Series or Magnaflows
__________________
Spade Has Arrived !!!!!
'02 Black GT 5-spd.(Mods coming shortly)
spadez81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:00 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Exhaust Question...

Don't go with the flowmasters if you plan on going offroad x down the road. Offroad x plus flowdrones sounds horrible, I have 2 friends with that setup and they hate it. lol
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:09 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: Exhaust Question...

Flowmaster's are certainly not the be all of the muffler world. They are just a cheap muffler that for some reason got a big name and now everyone knows the name and just walks in and asks for "Flows". I know some people like them, but I never have and they are rather restrictive as well.
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Region: California
Posts: 41
Re: Exhaust Question...

I'm running Flows. People do say it sounds good. I agree as an onlooker but they have a pretty high interior resonance. 40's are much better sounding than 30's.

I'd go with Borla if I had the money.
In2dreamingbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:44 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Exhaust Question...

Here is the deal Flowmaster is big because they did a great marketing job and now every freaking muffler shop sells them because every damn kid and wannabe thug goes to a muffler shop and asks for flowbastards.

Now on a serious not If you like Borla or Magnaflows dont overlook Dynomax Ultraflows or Dynomax Super Turbo's. They are all flow thru mufflers and have a great sound. Best of all Dynomax is among the best priced mufflers around.

I have Dynomax and I love them.
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:53 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 182
Re: Exhaust Question...

I have mac. I got it because it was the cheapest one i could find lol. And it actually sounds pretty good.
__________________
1999 3.8 V6 Electric Green Mustang
5 speed

Mods: MAC Dual Catback Exhaust, MAC Shorty Headers, CAI, Sequential Taillights, 03 17" Cobra Rims

My Garage
electricstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:08 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Exhaust Question...

You have to remember though, this guy has a gt, what sounds good on a v6 won't sound the same on a gt.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:16 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Exhaust Question...

MAC sound OK on Gt's but they also are not the best flowing being a chambered muffler. Here is the site to here Dynomax sound clips

Sound Chamber
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:48 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Exhaust Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Here is the deal Flowmaster is big because they did a great marketing job and now every freaking muffler shop sells them because every damn kid and wannabe thug goes to a muffler shop and asks for flowbastards.
Flowmaster is big because they sound goood. Not only in my opinion, but obviously in the opinions of millions of others.

And I wouldn't be overly concerned about the flow of a muffler. Get what you think sounds best. If it flows 1500 cfm, that's a plus. But it's not going to cost you any more than 5 hp (on most cars) if it doesn't. I would much rather sacrifice 5 hp than have to drive a car every day that I don't like the sound of. If you're that desperate for every single hp, build a drag car.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:35 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 182
Re: Exhaust Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
You have to remember though, this guy has a gt, what sounds good on a v6 won't sound the same on a gt.
ahh... didnt pay attention to that.
__________________
1999 3.8 V6 Electric Green Mustang
5 speed

Mods: MAC Dual Catback Exhaust, MAC Shorty Headers, CAI, Sequential Taillights, 03 17" Cobra Rims

My Garage
electricstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Region: Illinois
Posts: 70
Send a message via AIM to spadez81
Re: Exhaust Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
You have to remember though, this guy has a gt, what sounds good on a v6 won't sound the same on a gt.
Definitely. Had I still had my V-6 it would be another story, but I'm in different territory with the GT, which is why I'm looking for some advice
__________________
Spade Has Arrived !!!!!
'02 Black GT 5-spd.(Mods coming shortly)
spadez81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Exhaust Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
Flowmaster is big because they sound goood. Not only in my opinion, but obviously in the opinions of millions of others.

And I wouldn't be overly concerned about the flow of a muffler. Get what you think sounds best. If it flows 1500 cfm, that's a plus. But it's not going to cost you any more than 5 hp (on most cars) if it doesn't. I would much rather sacrifice 5 hp than have to drive a car every day that I don't like the sound of. If you're that desperate for every single hp, build a drag car.
Dude I am absolutely positively going to disagree with 100%

The fact is Marketing is the reason Flowmaster is so big. Any time a kid hears my car they say "Are those flows, "You have flow's, "WOW those flows sound good" "Nice flows" I immediately tell them flows suck MUHHAHAHAHAHA

Ever young kid even those who dont even drive know flows and nohting else. I am not trying to be racist but Blacks only by flows. Yo Man I got flows!!!! I have 2 real good friends who do mufflers and every kid who comes in either wants flows or a far cannon. Both of them stop stocking anything else unless it is a high mover because these kids have been told you are cool if you have flows. BAA BAA People being sheep

No it is not they are the best sounding it is because they want to be cool and follow the pack. What is interesting is in the UMC club of about 50-60 mustangs no serious modder of any year GT or Cobra has Flowmasters anymore. Some did but they changed to either Borla or Dynomax and a hand full of magnaflows.

Every stinking car show on TV or magazine deluges kids with the name flowmaster. That is all they know!!! It is here on the forums that these new stang owners really find out there are really a lot of choices.



That is my reality and I am sticking to it.


FLOWS BLOW!!!!
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:33 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Region: Illinois
Posts: 70
Send a message via AIM to spadez81
Re: Exhaust Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Dude I am absolutely positively going to disagree with 100%

The fact is Marketing is the reason Flowmaster is so big. Any time a kid hears my car they say "Are those flows, "You have flow's, "WOW those flows sound good" "Nice flows" I immediately tell them flows suck MUHHAHAHAHAHA

Ever young kid even those who dont even drive know flows and nohting else. I am not trying to be racist but Blacks only by flows. Yo Man I got flows!!!! I have 2 real good friends who do mufflers and every kid who comes in either wants flows or a far cannon. Both of them stop stocking anything else unless it is a high mover because these kids have been told you are cool if you have flows. BAA BAA People being sheep

No it is not they are the best sounding it is because they want to be cool and follow the pack. What is interesting is in the UMC club of about 50-60 mustangs no serious modder of any year GT or Cobra has Flowmasters anymore. Some did but they changed to either Borla or Dynomax and a hand full of magnaflows.

Every stinking car show on TV or magazine deluges kids with the name flowmaster. That is all they know!!! It is here on the forums that these new stang owners really find out there are really a lot of choices.



That is my reality and I am sticking to it.


FLOWS BLOW!!!!
I can see your point. They're not #1 on my list, but was considereing them. I was really banking towards Magnaflow. Has anyone heard of that one company Pypes? They're advertised for cheap and I wanted to know the scoop on them
__________________
Spade Has Arrived !!!!!
'02 Black GT 5-spd.(Mods coming shortly)
spadez81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:53 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Exhaust Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Dude I am absolutely positively going to disagree with 100%

The fact is Marketing is the reason Flowmaster is so big. Any time a kid hears my car they say "Are those flows, "You have flow's, "WOW those flows sound good" "Nice flows" I immediately tell them flows suck MUHHAHAHAHAHA

Ever young kid even those who dont even drive know flows and nohting else. I am not trying to be racist but Blacks only by flows. Yo Man I got flows!!!! I have 2 real good friends who do mufflers and every kid who comes in either wants flows or a far cannon. Both of them stop stocking anything else unless it is a high mover because these kids have been told you are cool if you have flows. BAA BAA People being sheep

No it is not they are the best sounding it is because they want to be cool and follow the pack. What is interesting is in the UMC club of about 50-60 mustangs no serious modder of any year GT or Cobra has Flowmasters anymore. Some did but they changed to either Borla or Dynomax and a hand full of magnaflows.

Every stinking car show on TV or magazine deluges kids with the name flowmaster. That is all they know!!! It is here on the forums that these new stang owners really find out there are really a lot of choices.



That is my reality and I am sticking to it.


FLOWS BLOW!!!!
Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they don't sound good to everyone else. You can market a ****ty product all you want, but if it's ****... it's not going to sell millions... unless some people actually like it. I fail to believe that Flowmasters have become as popular as they are simply due to marketing. In fact, I don't believe I have even once in my life ever seen an ad for Flowmasters. That's some damn good marketing there, isn't it? The popularity of Flowmasters was due to word of mouth and nothing else. Someone hears a badass sounding car and asks the driver what kind of mufflers they have. They say Flowmasters, and "TADAH!" Another set of mufflers is sold.

I would dare you to listen to my '90 and say it sounds like **** with Flowmasters. I'm not trying to brag or anything, but I have NEVER had anyone do anything but praise the way my car sounds. Also, notice I said praise, not compliment. Sure I could pick up 5 hp or so by going to a straight through muffler. I would also get all that popping on deceleration that comes with a straight through muffler. For some reason, I'll take the better sounding muffler. After all, I'm the one who has to listen to it every time I drive it.

In my opinion, if you want your car to actually sound good... put Flowmasters on it. If you don't want to be like "everyone else," just for the sake of not being like "everyone else," then I feel sorry for you. You may want to see a psychologist to help you through your social problems.

Not being a sheep, just to not be a sheep = BAAAAA.

Just remember guys, emo kids are different too.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:08 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Exhaust Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they don't sound good to everyone else. You can market a ****ty product all you want, but if it's ****... it's not going to sell millions... unless some people actually like it. I fail to believe that Flowmasters have become as popular as they are simply due to marketing. In fact, I don't believe I have even once in my life ever seen an ad for Flowmasters. That's some damn good marketing there, isn't it? The popularity of Flowmasters was due to word of mouth and nothing else. Someone hears a badass sounding car and asks the driver what kind of mufflers they have. They say Flowmasters, and "TADAH!" Another set of mufflers is sold.

I would dare you to listen to my '90 and say it sounds like **** with Flowmasters. I'm not trying to brag or anything, but I have NEVER had anyone do anything but praise the way my car sounds. Also, notice I said praise, not compliment. Sure I could pick up 5 hp or so by going to a straight through muffler. I would also get all that popping on deceleration that comes with a straight through muffler. For some reason, I'll take the better sounding muffler. After all, I'm the one who has to listen to it every time I drive it.

In my opinion, if you want your car to actually sound good... put Flowmasters on it. If you don't want to be like "everyone else," just for the sake of not being like "everyone else," then I feel sorry for you. You may want to see a psychologist to help you through your social problems.

Not being a sheep, just to not be a sheep = BAAAAA.

Just remember guys, emo kids are different too.

Actually I never said they sound like ****. I said they blow when it comes to actual flow characteristics. Outside the car they sound good. Inside the car they are rather annoying. Dont feel sorry for me I like being a individual but it is you who has a sheltered life if you have not seen a flowmaster commercial on TV on any of the car shows on the weekend or speed vision. So either you dont read or you dont have electricity!!!! Which is it sheep bo????

Your logic also sucks Motorvator swirly spacer are bought by Millions and they suck and are worthless. Millions can be wrong there are millions of idiots born every minute. Now saying that I dont think people who by Flowmasters are idiot I just think many are sheep. The road to perfomance modding is paved with people who started with flowmasters and grew up and now have something else
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:54 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Exhaust Question...

I don't get Speed Channel (our cable where I live sucks *** ). I'm sure I've probably actually seen them on the weekend shows... but the point is that I don't really remember them. That's why I don't think you can chalk their success up to marketing.

Now... as far as the sheep deal, maybe some people do buy them just because they are what everyone else buys. However, for someone to not buy them if they like them, just because everyone else does buy them, is just as pathetic.

And I stand by my argument that flow charactersitics should not be a very important factor when choosing aftermarket mufflers. They're aftermarket mufflers... they're gonna flow decently. Sure, you make a little more power with one brand versus another. But the difference is not gonna be that big at all. I would be amazed to see a difference of more than 5 hp on your average street car. I would much rather sacrifice the little bit of power and get the sound I wanted.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:58 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Exhaust Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
I don't get Speed Channel (our cable where I live sucks *** ). I'm sure I've probably actually seen them on the weekend shows... but the point is that I don't really remember them. That's why I don't think you can chalk their success up to marketing.

Now... as far as the sheep deal, maybe some people do buy them just because they are what everyone else buys. However, for someone to not buy them if they like them, just because everyone else does buy them, is just as pathetic.

And I stand by my argument that flow charactersitics should not be a very important factor when choosing aftermarket mufflers. They're aftermarket mufflers... they're gonna flow decently. Sure, you make a little more power with one brand versus another. But the difference is not gonna be that big at all. I would be amazed to see a difference of more than 5 hp on your average street car. I would much rather sacrifice the little bit of power and get the sound I wanted.
But that is reTARDED!! With other mufflers you can have great sound and better flow characteristics, Why compromise when you can have your cake and eat it to. So compromise and buy Flowmaster sheep mufflers that old sound like a performance mufflers or run with the big dogs and have a true performance muffler that sound great and flow great!!!!
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:31 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Exhaust Question...

The thing is that what sounds good is a subjective matter. That's why I recommend that anyone shopping for mufflers should at the very least listen to some clips of different brands, if not try to hear them in person. I personally have never been a fan of straight though mufflers. I don't care if there's a muffler out there that will give me 10 hp over Flowmasters. If it sounds like a typical straight through muffler, I don't want it.

When it comes time to put mufflers on the '06, it'll be either Flowmasters or JBA, probably JBA because I like the way their tips look better.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:19 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Exhaust Question...

spintech......... youll make every other mustang in your city jealous. trust me, i just got another guy to realize he should ditch his roush "extreme sound" side exhaust mufflers for some of the spins i have.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:52 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Exhaust Question...

My dynomax on my car make spintech's cry for mommy!!!
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:11 AM   #24
Road Trip!
 
Cajun JungleBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,147
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy
Re: Exhaust Question...

LOL I WAS THINKING OF PUTTING DUALS ON MY V6!!!
I'm tempted to get the Flowtech's Afterburners and dump them at the rear axel.... any opinions for a v6? *i want dumped exhaust btw*
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:39 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Exhaust Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
My dynomax on my car make spintech's cry for mommy!!!
sorry, but i dont like my car to sound like a v6 after 4k. oh wait.......
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:45 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Exhaust Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun JungleBoy
LOL I WAS THINKING OF PUTTING DUALS ON MY V6!!!
I'm tempted to get the Flowtech's Afterburners and dump them at the rear axel.... any opinions for a v6? *i want dumped exhaust btw*
That's exactly what I used to have, except I dumped it after the muffler before the axle. I'll put it this way...I thought it was loud. But..it's only loud till about 2500 then it sounds like a v6. It's very very deep though, and rattles everything in your car around 1500. I set off quite a few car alarms driving through parking lots. If you're wanting exhaust on a budget, that's the way to go. I have the afterburners run out the back at the moment, those sound pretty good as well.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:04 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: Exhaust Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow
Flowmaster's are certainly not the be all of the muffler world. They are just a cheap muffler that for some reason got a big name and now everyone knows the name and just walks in and asks for "Flows". I know some people like them, but I never have and they are rather restrictive as well.
take it back!

they sound good


http://www.mustangevolution.com/gall...0/VTS_01_1.avi
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:10 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: Exhaust Question...

and by the way.. my car runs 116 MPH in the 1/4.. I don't believe the flows are hurting me that badly.. its running right where I wanted it to.. plus I put them on thinking I wouldn't like them.. I had them on my '89 for like 4 years.. but it sounds so damn good... I'm not swapping them out..

no drone either..
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:28 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 25
Talking Re: Exhaust Question...

Hmm I Just have the MAC cat back that came on the care from my cousin..It doesnt sound too bad..I have an 01 GT with CAI.. other than that i havent the JBA headers in the garage and waiting to see which H-Pipe to get..

The MAC from what i can tell is the cheapest one..My dad likes the way it sounds over my uncles '95 Cobra which has sidepipes..

I am also new to the mustang being that i had it a week..

are you looking for the deepest one like I am?
FrvrDreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:27 AM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Exhaust Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrvrDreamin View Post
Hmm I Just have the MAC cat back that came on the care from my cousin..It doesnt sound too bad..I have an 01 GT with CAI.. other than that i havent the JBA headers in the garage and waiting to see which H-Pipe to get..

The MAC from what i can tell is the cheapest one..My dad likes the way it sounds over my uncles '95 Cobra which has sidepipes..

I am also new to the mustang being that i had it a week..

are you looking for the deepest one like I am?
MAC mufflers sound great on V6's
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:50 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 25
Re: Exhaust Question...

Blah.. I have a V8.. what to use for a deep rumbly sound?

(not tryn to steal the thread)
FrvrDreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:49 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 69
Re: Exhaust Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
Dude I am absolutely positively going to disagree with 100%

The fact is Marketing is the reason Flowmaster is so big. Any time a kid hears my car they say "Are those flows, "You have flow's, "WOW those flows sound good" "Nice flows" I immediately tell them flows suck MUHHAHAHAHAHA

Ever young kid even those who dont even drive know flows and nohting else. I am not trying to be racist but Blacks only by flows. Yo Man I got flows!!!! I have 2 real good friends who do mufflers and every kid who comes in either wants flows or a far cannon. Both of them stop stocking anything else unless it is a high mover because these kids have been told you are cool if you have flows. BAA BAA People being sheep

No it is not they are the best sounding it is because they want to be cool and follow the pack. What is interesting is in the UMC club of about 50-60 mustangs no serious modder of any year GT or Cobra has Flowmasters anymore. Some did but they changed to either Borla or Dynomax and a hand full of magnaflows.

Every stinking car show on TV or magazine deluges kids with the name flowmaster. That is all they know!!! It is here on the forums that these new stang owners really find out there are really a lot of choices.



That is my reality and I am sticking to it.


FLOWS BLOW!!!!
i'm not black and i have flows. i like the sound of flows on my car. that's why i got them. no one should be put down because they like flowmaster. make your car the way YOU want it, not what the latest & greatest is. to me personally, the flowmaster sound IS a mustang sound. if you or whoever like something different, great, go for it.
white 98 gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:58 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 69
Re: Exhaust Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they don't sound good to everyone else. You can market a crapty product all you want, but if it's crap... it's not going to sell millions... unless some people actually like it. I fail to believe that Flowmasters have become as popular as they are simply due to marketing. In fact, I don't believe I have even once in my life ever seen an ad for Flowmasters. That's some damn good marketing there, isn't it? The popularity of Flowmasters was due to word of mouth and nothing else. Someone hears a badass sounding car and asks the driver what kind of mufflers they have. They say Flowmasters, and "TADAH!" Another set of mufflers is sold.

I would dare you to listen to my '90 and say it sounds like crap with Flowmasters. I'm not trying to brag or anything, but I have NEVER had anyone do anything but praise the way my car sounds. Also, notice I said praise, not compliment. Sure I could pick up 5 hp or so by going to a straight through muffler. I would also get all that popping on deceleration that comes with a straight through muffler. For some reason, I'll take the better sounding muffler. After all, I'm the one who has to listen to it every time I drive it.

In my opinion, if you want your car to actually sound good... put Flowmasters on it. If you don't want to be like "everyone else," just for the sake of not being like "everyone else," then I feel sorry for you. You may want to see a psychologist to help you through your social problems.

Not being a sheep, just to not be a sheep = BAAAAA.

Just remember guys, emo kids are different too.
wurd. like what you said.
white 98 gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:59 PM   #34
Registered User
Newbie
 
2002silverGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Region: Maryland
Posts: 17
Send a message via AIM to 2002silverGT
Re: Exhaust Question...

SLP DEF. i have that on my 02 with an slp x-pipe and it is def. louder then anyone around
2002silverGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question on exhaust jdl0812 General Mustang Discussion 25 04-01-2010 11:25 AM
exhaust question? roach 1996-2004 Mustang GT 3 12-21-2006 01:18 AM
new here and got an exhaust question ~Lesly~ Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 18 06-17-2006 01:16 PM
Exhaust Question The Arson Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 1 09-12-2004 09:57 PM
exhaust question(s) mexor Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 8 08-01-2003 04:01 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:52 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.