Power driver's seat from 2002 Stang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-27-2006, 05:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via MSN to SilentNoise
Power driver's seat from 2002 Stang

I just picked up a set of 2002 Stang seats to swap into my '83 and since the driver's seat is powered, I'm obviously wanting to hook it up which will be simple enough to do.

Now I would've thought that they'd make it easy and all you'd have is a simple positive line and ground line, but noooooo.... there's 4 wires.

These are the wires from the '02 that come up from under the carpet:
Thick green - I'm guessing constant 12V power?
Thick black - I'm assuming that this is the ground?
Thin green -
Thin brown and blue -

One of the thinner wires has to be the switched 12V I'd guess, but what's the fourth wire for?

I'm sure I can figure it out, but if anyone's got a Hayes manual or something kicking around, you might be able to save me some time.

Wolf Pack Car Club - Domestic V8 Performance Club (Edmonton, AB, Canada)

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
SilentNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2006, 02:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via MSN to SilentNoise
Re: Power driver's seat from 2002 Stang

OK, well after taking more than 2 minutes to look at the bottom side of the seat, I think I've figured out what the two small wires are for (and it makes perfect sense).

There's wires that go into the seat belt buckle...... but I don't have to worry about those, so it's all good afterall.

Wolf Pack Car Club - Domestic V8 Performance Club (Edmonton, AB, Canada)

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
SilentNoise is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT