got the S/C - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-30-2006, 09:55 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via Yahoo to o3mustangGTafs
got the S/C

i won the s/c off ebay last week....one problem, i need to know if there is a time period in to which i have to buy the item? the thing is i am a 1000 short an i want have it for like.....4 months ...i didnt know i had even won until last night it is a vortech strim w/o air to water cooler an it was 3100. so if you know enything about ebay please let me know .. i am worred that they well track me down an stuff like that lol. AN AFTER THE INSTALL WHAT DIF. WELL I SEE COMPARED TO MY 100 SHOT OF N2O?
o3mustangGTafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2006, 12:52 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: got the S/C

To answer your first part...you have until the seller says. Some say payment in full with 5 days. Some say 7. 4 Months is a bit long to be asking a seller to wait. Odds are, you will not get the SC as he will send a second chance offer to the next highest bidder at the price they bid at. The only way you could get it is if you contact the seller and say you are a grand short and he is cool with waiting 4 months. And the worse thing that will happen is they will leave negative feedback or you will get banned from ebay.

One thing to remember in the future if you don't get tossed from ebay...ebay is not a layaway system. Don't bid a price you can't cover.

As for the difference, it all depends on how much boost you run. If you run around 8 pounds, it should be a lot better than the nitrous. One thing though, have you forged your internals? If you are running stock internals, you probably want to keep it down in the range of 6 pounds...I don't remember if 8 pounds is safe for a GT or not. My guess is no. One of the other supercharger gurus can answer that better.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
To answer your first part...you have until the seller says. Some say payment in full with 5 days. Some say 7. 4 Months is a bit long to be asking a seller to wait. Odds are, you will not get the SC as he will send a second chance offer to the next highest bidder at the price they bid at. The only way you could get it is if you contact the seller and say you are a grand short and he is cool with waiting 4 months. And the worse thing that will happen is they will leave negative feedback or you will get banned from ebay.

One thing to remember in the future if you don't get tossed from ebay...ebay is not a layaway system. Don't bid a price you can't cover.

As for the difference, it all depends on how much boost you run. If you run around 8 pounds, it should be a lot better than the nitrous. One thing though, have you forged your internals? If you are running stock internals, you probably want to keep it down in the range of 6 pounds...I don't remember if 8 pounds is safe for a GT or not. My guess is no. One of the other supercharger gurus can answer that better.

I've always heard 8 lbs with a good tune is pushing it, but you can get away with it if the tune is right on.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2006, 02:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via Yahoo to o3mustangGTafs

ok thanks guys big help the enternals r next....an i well not order enything els from ebay at all
o3mustangGTafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

umm...why would you even place a bet on something if you cant afford the item for 4 months....no offense, but its just ignorant. you will most likely get banned but HOPEFULLY this is the first time you have done this and you will just get a warning from ebay and some negative feedback...:no:
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:46 PM   #6
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I doubt you will get banned. Just get a negative feedback from the member

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:48 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

It's possible you could get banned. In my opinion, anyone who bids on something, wins, and doesn't pay for it should be banned. That's gotta be annoying as hell for the seller.

Why didn't you just wait until you had the money to buy one?

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:32 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

uhh...wow.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:42 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Man, you just ruined that seller's day. eBay charges you to put those auctions up. The price is dependant on the final price of the item. It's a real pain in the *** to get your money back if you get hit by a deadbeat bidder. Ask me how I know...

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

^+1

They should put it in there somewhere that if you win, you MUST pay for the item you bid on. If your dumb enough to bid on it and not have the money to purchase it, you are dumb enough to have to pay for your stupidity. or, if you cant afford the full price, you should be charged like 10% of the ending price...just a thought
Old 07-30-2006, 09:37 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

usually the seller puts a notice at the bottom saying, must pay in full by blah blah blah or must have a downpayment of blah blah blah by blah blah blah
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:29 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

usually in the bid there is something stating when payment must be recieved.

bidding on an item is a legally binding contract. doing so means that you are agreeing to the sellers terms, which are clearly stated. if you do not pay by the time given, the seller has every right to legally pursue his money. id see about a small personal loan to cover the difference as to avoid legal trouble and messing up the sellers day.

i think you can run 8psi safely if you are getting good timing and your a/f is good and youre not getting any predetonation. any more and youll need some sort of airflow cooling(be it a intercooler or methanol/alchy/h2o injection) to help against predetonation, which is the killer of pistons/rods.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

yea i thought i saw that in the contract too, but i havent bought or sold anything on ebay in a very long time so i wasnt too sure about it
Old 07-31-2006, 04:36 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

Quote:
Originally Posted by o3mustangGTafs View Post
i won the s/c off ebay last week....one problem, i need to know if there is a time period in to which i have to buy the item? the thing is i am a 1000 short an i want have it for like.....4 months ...i didnt know i had even won until last night it is a vortech strim w/o air to water cooler an it was 3100. so if you know enything about ebay please let me know .. i am worred that they well track me down an stuff like that lol. AN AFTER THE INSTALL WHAT DIF. WELL I SEE COMPARED TO MY 100 SHOT OF N2O?
first off, you i agree with the last couple of posts here--you are legally supposed to pay for that. if the seller is okaky with waiting 4 months, then u are okay, but i seriously doubt thats the case

secondly, you are going to see better results from the s/c rather than the nos...my personal taste is i dislike any cars that use nos to begin with--rather be fast without it then temporarly fast with it

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

hmm my rule is dont bid on it unless you have the money in the bank or on hand cause I wouldnt want to be one poed seller
Old 07-31-2006, 08:07 PM   #16
Regular

I think we all agree that he shold have had the money. So let's just leave it at that. If you want to give him the other advice he asked for then feel free too.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:14 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

I think the numbers will be very close, but you can't beat having the power all the time.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:45 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

^+1

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:01 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

i have always been told, if a turbo is in your budget, then go turbo. i dont want to start the whole turbo vs sc argument that is usually inevitable except with all the great members we have here....just my $.02
Old 08-01-2006, 01:08 AM   #20
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Here is an interesting write up from a sponsor of another forum that has gone from SC to turbo in his 03/04 cobra...It is a good write up from someone with the unique chance to bounce back and forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpbyhermann
This is something that requires you to be brutally honest with yourself.....and myself being a vendor I find I have to be brutally honest with you...I sell both turbo systems and Kenne Bell superchargers...I'm not biased towards either side.....There is a ton of expense when doing a turbo conversion on these cars....not just in the kit and suspension but in the boost controllers and other electronics needed to set it up right the first time. Just keep in mind what made these cars so fun in the first place.....instant low end power....I have a hellion turbo currently on my own car....and it makes killer power....i ran 137.98 m.p.h. letting off before 1,000 ft at the track just shaking it down. It will go 140's on a full pass not even breaking a sweat.....but ask me if i enjoy it as a "car" still....well.....no...it makes weak low speed power compared to what it used to do...and there is where my problem lies......and I drive mine around as a car alot still.....I really have found myself missing the k-b I had previously...that made for a fun street car......it went 1.36 60 ft. and 10:40 at 107 drifting on the brakes.....the belt ripped off at 900-1000 ft...it was an old 10 rib x-10 belt....I didn't get to try it again since the blower was sold to a friend of mine. With a scienced out setup that car would go easy 9's.......a car you could genuinely use you street duty daily if you chose to. Look at the picture of my car leaving the line in my sig....I could still do that now....if i put a floor jack under the front! My car has just lost the "fun" factor. But I found myself jadded with the turbo lure of huge power...and it lived up to it also.....but after re-thinking my car and it's intended use I think the new 2.6 k-b with nitrous will fit my needs better....especially with the nitrous I will use with it.....If I want a racecar it will defintely be a turbo car...that is the only way to go for a race car...but for my cobra that still has everything in it I am just about sure i'll be back with a big Kenne Bell on my new HBH/Al Pappito built engine! Make sure your choice suits the way you plan on using your car...all of these setups are fast....but use the one that's right for your driving habits!! Back to low speed fun for me!! And ultimately I think it will go comparable to my turbo with the spray.......Tune in for the mid to low 9's soon!! In closing just think about everything before you choose ANY big power adder purchase, both ways are great for making big power! hermann

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT