Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1999 GT vs. 00,01,02,03,04

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  SpectorV 
#1 ·
I have noticed on many 0-60 times, that the 1999GT is actually substantially quicker than the newer GT's up to 04. Any idea why? What makes this so special? something to do with the anniversary? just curious, thanks.

#2 ·
The GT mustangs from 99-04 should run identical times. The only major change that I can think of that could possibly affect performance is in mid 2001 I believe it was that ford gave it a better manual transmission, but I believe that the gearing is pretty much the same. If you take a stock 99 GT, and put it up against say a stock 02 GT, and they are both set up the same, and they both have equal wear, and equal driver, and are ran in equal conditions then their times should be indentical.

#3 ·
My guess is they changed drivers, or the weather conditions during the test were more favorable in 99 than later years. Either way, like was stated, they should be identical.

#6 ·
it was way cooler back then, you know, global warming at all.

but yeah, they are all identical other than some differences in a few body parts, rims, etc.

#4 ·
i can say that i have 99gt and ran against other newer model mustangs and timed better by about 4/100ths of a second in a 1/4...i reality think thats alot with 2 bone stock mustangs....now once again pure venom might be correct with the whole driver--car conditions--weather conditions issue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.