New Motor last July-4K miles, NOW John@MP.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-30-2010, 07:27 AM   #1
Region: North Carolina
New Motor last July-4K miles, NOW John@MP..

Last year I got the Teksid rebuilt and it lasted 4k miles.

First the mods:
Block bored .020 and crank turned ,010(rods and mains), Probe pistons and around 11:1 static and nearly 10:1 dynamic with 205psi cranking compressions. MMR forged rods, Expensive 3 layer bearings.

Heads are ModularHeadShop stage 2's. They flowed 210/175CFM after the valve job was redone.

Cams are custom Comps, 230*/234* on a 110*LSA & a 106* install line. These specs give a quicker turn on and better mid-range torque.

Edelbrock Victor headers, what a shame these have been discontinued AWESOME! Simple install! Steeda UDP's, SVO intake port matched to PI heads w/complete install kit. I tried to sell this but since they are port matched for PI's it seems that npi guys are the guys who really want them. Same with the cams, even at $250.!They are the PI version with .550" lift.

Car has 4.10's and a 3800rpm stall converter that locks at part throttle in 2nd egar like 3rd did before the tune and it locks at WOT right after the shifts.

This is a '99 Convertibl;e, red metallic with white top/leather. So it has it all, heads, intake, 24lb. inj's, 255lph fuel pump, HO oil pump, cams, dual 57mm throttle blade, RAI/CAI system with a scoop where the fog was(moved it inboard) and it has 4" aluminum piping leading oncoming air inmto the stock air can w/S&B filter w/stock inlet tube(is this a serious restriction from experience) as I did have a JLT when stock intake and it worked great! Wideband O2 sensor/gauge, white face gauges.

Welkl I am almost deaf and it knocked and damaged 2 pistons and the ring moly. I have a TurboXs knock light and the Teksid has bosses for the sensors BUT they sit too high and the intake hits them! I can have the bosses cut down 1/2" but what sensors are shorter, any Ford units? My teksid is a '93. Bests were a 2.80/12.75/108.1mph. Not bad with no dyno tune but that likely ruined the motor.
More to come about the new build in a couple of hours.

Opinions will be asked for, educated opinions, please, Mark

Teksid? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
Region: North Carolina
Re: New Motor last July-4K miles, NOW John@MP..

Assess this build and if you see a weak spot p[lease let me know. IT IS NOT A TRACK CAR except a time or two to get a legit time rather than the G-tech. I could go smaller or larger on the cams if I sell these, likely bigger. My final build will have the stock 3.27's and the 3800rpm stall converter will stay so getting the car moving with 3.27's should be no trouble. Then the lock's will make it quite streetable.
So compression with a GOOD tune on 903, gears for 1200 mile interstate drives, etc. THX, Mark

Teksid? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:15 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: New Motor last July-4K miles, NOW John@MP..

Honestly that sounds like it should be a really really solid setup.. A safe tune would be the best way to keep the car safe in the future..

I haven't built up a 4.6 (yet) Perhaps someone else can chime in..

About the knock sensors.. I don't believe the 99-04 GTs were even equipped with them, but I would assume a factory MARK VIII or even crown vic would come with something you could use..
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT