cam swap how to's - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Question cam swap how to's

hey guys, been awhile since i've on here. hope everyone had a good christmas. anyway, does anyone know of a link on this site or another one of a detailed how-to on cam swaps? pics, & where everything is covered? i'm competent with a wrench, but have never done this. believe i could do it if i had pics & list of specific tools to use & what to do. if noone knows of one, maybe someone here could put one together. read something about tappets....don't know what that is. thanks for any info guys.
white 98 gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2007, 11:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang
Re: cam swap how to's

:dunno: Where exactly is maryville? Im in bristol and i have some papers printed off somewhere on how to do the cam swap if i can find them i could possibly bring them or mail them to you.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996stang View Post
:dunno: Where exactly is maryville? Im in bristol and i have some papers printed off somewhere on how to do the cam swap if i can find them i could possibly bring them or mail them to you.
thanks for replying. maryville is about 20-25 minutes south of knoxville. i'll send you a pm.
white 98 gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2007, 05:50 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Invictus Send a message via Yahoo to Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by white 98 gt View Post
hey guys, been awhile since i've on here. hope everyone had a good christmas. anyway, does anyone know of a link on this site or another one of a detailed how-to on cam swaps? pics, & where everything is covered? i'm competent with a wrench, but have never done this. believe i could do it if i had pics & list of specific tools to use & what to do. if noone knows of one, maybe someone here could put one together. read something about tappets....don't know what that is. thanks for any info guys.
Do you have PI heads? I'm not sure of the difference but I just installed Comp Stage 1 cams in my 04 romeo GT motor... It took me about 10 hours but come to find out if i had a Cam Chain Retention tool from Ford Anderson Motorsports i could have saved a lot of time... Basically makes it a matter of just getting the valve covers off! The toold holds the timing chain in place while also releiveing tension allowing some slack to remove the cam gear from the camshaft.
Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT