Mod question/suggestions - '02 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02
Mod question/suggestions - '02 GT

Hey all! I have a 2002 GT (mineral gray) and am coming up with a mod list for everything I want to do to my car: It's mostly stock with the exception of the MagnaFlow exhaust system we put on it 2 weeks after we bought the car. It is the baby of the family between my car & Rob's Cobra...but I have A LOT that I want to do to it.

Quick question: what do you think about putting a Cobra front bumper on my car? I realllllly love Rob's front bumper and really want to put one of my car to achieve the look I'm going for in the front, especially with the fog lights. (HOT!!!)

Here's a quick list of upcoming mods that I want to do:

mach 1 grille delete (ASAP)
chrome FR 500's & new tires (ASAP)
off road X pipe (do not currently have the MagnaPacks)
cobra front bumper
smoked taillight/headlight covers
new Cobra seats
CAI kit
custom tune (ASAP)
re-tint to 5% (I think)
saleen side scoops & rear bumper
sequential kit for tail lights
fill in Mustang on rear bumper - black
custom plates
GT floor mats
alarm system
radar

supercharge it? Rob's thinking about it. lol

I'm sure there's more, but that's what I have for now. I want to get the grille delete & get new tires and the chrome FR500's ASAP. I also think we will be re-painting it white at some point. I love the M.G. and it was actually Rob's first choice for his car when he was buying the Cobra, but ended going with redfire, which I love. Before buying the Cobra, he previously had a white '00 GT, which he misses very much and white was my first color choice when we bought the GT, but I was set on a GT and wanted the '00-'04 body style and found the Mustang I wanted, so we were both happy and it ended up working out and the new baby was born!

Any suggestions on mods, please let me know! I really think I want the cobra front bumper for sure though.

Have a great weekend!!!
ChrissyStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2007, 01:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Mod question/suggestions - '02 GT

Rob is not gonna supercharge it for fear of his wife's car outrunning his
as far as the mods go, what do you want first the looks or speed???

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02

Haha, That's funny Hott, but I don't think he's too scared of my car, compared to his. Thanks though! His car is a BEAST!

I'm gonna say looks. I really, really, really want to get the chrome fr500's & new tires, as well as the off road x pipe as soon as I can. I really want the Cobra front bumper, and I guess a tune would come soon after. Rob would say speed, but he's exciting about getting new wheels for it like I am, I think. I hope to get the CAI kit at the same time we have it tuned.

My tuning work will be done by Cody @ Stang Hi Performance, here in Baton Rouge. He's awesome!!! Rob and Cody did my exhaust and I love it, I just can't wait to get the off road x too!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

:burnout:well I think you got it figured out for the looks part and you don't need any help. the car will look great. as for the speed I would go for 4:10s & the tune to fix the speedo. that would be a good platform and the most bang for the buck

Old 07-09-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Nice list !!! Like Hot said get some gears and a tune. If you decide not to S/C get a UDP .What about some LT headers

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

does somebody have a money tree somewhere, good gawd!
KrazyPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

na she just has it right the mustang comes first. just ask rob lol

Old 07-09-2007, 02:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

I totally understand the itch for new items, I just got my set of MagnaFlows in today for my 2001, and 1-2wks after I had mine it was tinted since it has leather seats and it was hot as a mother...

So I totally understand completly, I think after the Magna's are installed, I might just paint the callipers and be done for a bit...
KrazyPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:48 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Herb! Thanks, a lot of people have suggested the 4:10's for gears and I'm not really sure what they are, but Rob has talked about long tube headers before, lol.

Hey Krazy & Hott - it seems like the list keeps growing, lol. I'm glad we did exhaust first, that's what I wanted the most, although I think we're going to put an off road X pipe on it sometime.

And no, but if you find the $$ tree, please let me know, lol. It's going to be expensive in the end, but well worth it. I can't wait until everything is done!

I think the Cobra front bumper is next, along with the front grille delete. Then probably new rims & tires. And a tune, ASAP. Hope to get some good pics this weekend and get pics up, and hopefully get a new signature up finally. I can't wait!

Have a great weekend all! Hott, I'm sure we'll see you guys sometime this weekend!
Old 08-11-2007, 07:58 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Hey Chrissy, just so you know, if you go with a cobra bumper you will not need the bottom piece of the delete, you will however need the emblem and the back piece. I bought the back piece from ford for around 40 bucks I believe.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:25 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Brad. Well, that's good to know. Roby still has his old pony from his GT (or Cobra?) and it has the back piece on it, if that's what I need, I guess we don't have to buy the delete kit. Rob said he can put it on, he just doesn't have the piece to cover the holes, I just want to get the honeycomb off.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll show you the pony piece he has later, that might be what I need.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:27 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Aight, well I'm gone then. Should be there around lunch, we'll discuss the small things then.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:30 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

'K, be really careful on I-12 coming on up the Millerville & O'Neal exits. They are been 2 fatalities there recently and they have tripled the speeding fines. I think it's 60 mph through there now. You stay on O'Neal Lane all the way down as far as it goes. Turn left by the shell station at the light, that takes you right into our sub-division. Call us if you need anything. See you in a little while.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT