Humm is this supposed to be like this????? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Send a message via Yahoo to drusmith
Humm is this supposed to be like this?????

I was cleaning my cobra last night and came across this small little vacuum line. It caught my eye cause the tape was falling off it. It might be a diagnostic line of some sort. It is located by the right valve cover.

Does anyone know what this is? I want to make sure it is correct.

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vac line.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	22268   Click image for larger version

Name:	vac line 1.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	22269  

drusmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Humm is this supposed to be like this?????

Hmm...it kind of looks like the vacuum line that runs to the fuel rail pressure sensor...that's the drivers side front of the blower right?

It almost looks like it was done on purpose....

Man, I forgot how busy the side of the blower is with all that EGR stuff on there...
Old 12-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

PureVenom,
I figured you would reply! Thank you!
Yup it is the drivers side!!! Yes it does look like it was done on purpose! What do you mean by busy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Look at the side of my blower....and then look at the side of your blower....busy busy busy with the vacuum lines and such...and mine isn't even all loomed up in this pic....just rough connected. lol

Ok, after comparing yours to mine....that line that's capped off used to be the fuel rail vacuum line. If you look at the end of your fuel rail there, you'll see the previous owner ran a new vacuum line off your pressure sensor. I bet if you follow it it will run to the back of the blower to a vacuum port or a splitter off a port. You're good to go.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Look at the side of my blower....and then look at the side of your blower....busy busy busy with the vacuum lines and such...and mine isn't even all loomed up in this pic....just rough connected. lol

Ok, after comparing yours to mine....that line that's capped off used to be the fuel rail vacuum line. If you look at the end of your fuel rail there, you'll see the previous owner ran a new vacuum line off your pressure sensor. I bet if you follow it it will run to the back of the blower to a vacuum port or a splitter off a port. You're good to go.

Hey thank bro! I always appreciate your knowledge! I get the busy comment now, they are full of all kinds of Sh*t.

You realize we have pretty close to the same mods. Did you paint your Kenny Brown Matrix kit?
Old 12-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusmith View Post
Hey thank bro! I always appreciate your knowledge! I get the busy comment now, they are full of all kinds of Sh*t.

You realize we have pretty close to the same mods. Did you paint your Kenny Brown Matrix kit?
I don't have the matrix kit...I think that's Lowflyn. I have just basic full length sub frames from maximum motorsports. I did paint those, but nothing fancy...just enough to prevent a majority of the rust because they were bare steel.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
I don't have the matrix kit...I think that's Lowflyn. I have just basic full length sub frames from maximum motorsports. I did paint those, but nothing fancy...just enough to prevent a majority of the rust because they were bare steel.
Gottcha! Well I will keep plugging away on the Cobra. I got a long winter to wait till I get to drive her again! It's snowing today in MI. SUCKS!

Thanks again for all your help!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

BTW, I hope I got your VOTE this month!!! LOL
Old 12-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

the factory tape likes to do that, mine has done the same in the basic same area. Just pull it off and use some new electrical tape if it needs any~ just in case you were wondering about that

the key to keeping an engine clean is cleaning it very often (just like the car) once its gets to the PNR then its to late (point of no return)

I use little brushes and such to get in the little places. I like meguiars interior detailer for the black plastic stuff as it doesnt hurt the paint either.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Good tips SpetorV! I like to use compressed air little bit of engine de-greaser if needed and water to get in all the small areas in the engine bay. I also use a detailer for the engine bay. Don't remember the name.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT