Where to tap in for a boost gauge? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-04-2010, 11:32 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Pennsylvania
Where to tap in for a boost gauge?

There is a line behind the throttle body that I think is a vac line but the line says fuel on it which is odd because it goes to the throttle body. Or should I just drill a hole in the intake manifold and tap a fitting into it? I've installed boost gauges on boosted cars which there are plenty of vac lines around but I'm not familiar with fords so much.

Where is the easiest place to tap into a vac line for a boost/vac guage?

Also I got an oil temp gauge. I was going to use the second port by the oil filter next to the stock oil pressure switch. Is that the best place? I think it's a 1/4" NPT but not sure. So I was going to get a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter to be able to use the temp sensor from auto meter.
ajpturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky
Re: Where to tap in for a boost gauge?

The port there at the throttlebody should be good enough, the oil temp gauge would work where you said but engine temp might over ride it, I my self would run a line from that port and put a "t" fitting in and have the sending unit there and tap the oil pan to let the oil drain back in.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Pennsylvania

Thanks straub. Oil return will be too much work for me but I just want an idea of the temp. I know it's not super critical becuase I'm not boosted yet but thinking down the road this spring I may get a kenne bell, that's why I got the boost gauge too. I like to see how hot the oil gets when I'm beating on it. In my Wrx and civic when it gets to about 230-250 I back off for awhile.

So that nipple coming out of the back of the throttle body is a vac line? I know sometimes cars have coolant going through the throttle body to help warm up and stabilize the intake temps when it's cold out. And the fact that it says fuel on it.....Wish I had a pic to show you. It has a little nipple on it and it's on the firewall side of the throttle body.

So you think I can jjust tee it there?
ajpturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2010, 11:57 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky

you should be able to, I think the reason it says fuel on it is it might go to a fuel pressure regulator on different setups or to the fuel canister. I would go ahead and see if there is vacume there, if there is then it will work.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT