Can't Decide - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #36
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUstang
How much difference is there between my stock mid and a catted H?
I'd stick with stock first before getting an offroad. It will be mild and muscle car ish when idling and cruising, but it will get loud when you mash the pedal. With offroad, it is the same. Mild when idling and cruising then loud as balls when you press the loud pedal. When I get back in town we will hook up and I'll show you what offroad will sound like.
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Can't Decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
I'd stick with stock first before getting an offroad. It will be mild and muscle car ish when idling and cruising, but it will get loud when you mash the pedal. With offroad, it is the same. Mild when idling and cruising then loud as balls when you press the loud pedal. When I get back in town we will hook up and I'll show you what offroad will sound like.
Wtf? Thanks for the invite. I've been wanting a ride forever. Lol.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:29 AM   #38
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

ahhh man, i love this discussion!
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2010, 12:15 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

I have MagnaFlow on my Mach 1 , part #15671 ,all stainless,polished mufflers, 3 1/2 tips , nice stuff , high quality .... paid $ 459 on ebay last spring ......... sounds great too
Old 12-31-2010, 02:49 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to LSUstang

I was told to get Magnaflow but I went ahead with the Borlas S-Type. Which BTW is sitting at Port Allen, LA like 15 miles from where I am... and I have to wait for it 2 more days b/c of NEW YEARS! I am kinda mad I didn't order it 1 day earlier!

-2004 Mach 1 "Natasha"- JL Audio W6 w/ custom box, 8000K HIDs, Sequential signals, StangHi tune, Borla Stingers with catted X, deck lid & lower valence, C&L intake package, H&R Super Sports
-2001 White Vert V6- Sold
LSUstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:57 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771 View Post
Probably not much since yours already has an h-pipe. Does yours have 6 or 4 cats? Id say maybe 5rwhp. Imo, I wouldn't change the mid-pipe unless you go o/r or your cats are bad. Why pay more for cats with less sound and performance
I'd like to know where people are coming up with the idea that a high flowing catted mid pipe makes less power? My tuners shop(mostly works on fords) has seen many combos and he said theres really no power loss with a catted midpipe and if anything it produces more tq.

Sure some sounds change depending on the midpipe, but you also have to factor in what type of muffler. Depending on if it's a straight through design or chambered like flowmasters will also create a different sound.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:51 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91GTstroked View Post
I'd like to know where people are coming up with the idea that a high flowing catted mid pipe makes less power? My tuners shop(mostly works on fords) has seen many combos and he said theres really no power loss with a catted midpipe and if anything it produces more tq.

Sure some sounds change depending on the midpipe, but you also have to factor in what type of muffler. Depending on if it's a straight through design or chambered like flowmasters will also create a different sound.
The amount is definately small. But any restriction will result in lower hp. There are some nice high flow cats but they are just so expensive. Any I don't think many 4v owners are worried about the small torque difference.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771 View Post
The amount is definately small. But any restriction will result in lower hp. There are some nice high flow cats but they are just so expensive. Any I don't think many 4v owners are worried about the small torque difference.
I guess I'm not really worried about it either as i do own a 4v. But it's one less thing I have to worry about with local law enforcement.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #44
Titus Wadicus
Regular

wut....cats are supposed to be nap'n on your couch, not under your car. you guys are so crazy....hooray for off-road..lol.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #45

Yea I just bassani high flow cats that are Sittin in my house, gonna get them put on when I get new piping on my exhaust, but I was told by a friend of mine with a 4v that if you want the best sound out of your car to go with pacesetter longtubes, offroad xpipe and dynomax bullets dumped.. And it would cost less to do that than to put the borlas on
01slwgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I will never put dumps on a mustang ever. WAY TO LOUD and slightly annoying-really annoying for whoever is driving the car. Why would you dump the exhaust?

-2004 Mach 1 "Natasha"- JL Audio W6 w/ custom box, 8000K HIDs, Sequential signals, StangHi tune, Borla Stingers with catted X, deck lid & lower valence, C&L intake package, H&R Super Sports
Old 01-01-2011, 11:41 PM   #47
Titus Wadicus
Regular

i agree, great for a drag or race car. but it just doesnt seem practical for a street car. i drove a saleen with side exit...and you couldnt breath with the window down at a stop light. i second the "no dump rule"...lol
Old 01-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #48

I'm not saying put dumps on your car I'm just giving you a recommendation that I was told, I don't have my car dumped but when I go to the track I probly will
01slwgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:58 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Question... do I need to change the parameters of my tune for putting this Borla exhaust on? or is it only when I put a different midpipe on?

Old 01-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #50
Titus Wadicus
Regular

you gotta get a tune just for exhaust for your cars?
Old 01-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

No you don't. I already have a tuner from my last stang and since I already have a new tune for my Mach on it... I wanted to know if there is a parameter on the SCT X3 to change the exhaust. You definitely don't need a tuner for exhaust!
I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can change your midpipe parameters on your tune (X or H). Just don't know if there is even a catback parameter?

Old 01-02-2011, 11:29 PM   #52
Titus Wadicus
Regular

im an obd1 guy..now your talkn yittish to me...
Old 01-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #53
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

You don't need to worry about tune changes until you go from stock manifolds to mid or long tube headers. The only reason you would need to mess with your tune for the mid pipe is if you added an off road x or h pipe and the only change you would have to make is to disable the rear O2 sensors so they don't throw codes. If you kept cats on the car with the new mid pipe you wouldn't need to make any changes to your tune at all.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:42 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Exhaust came today!! Hopefully I can install it tomorrow! Found out today that one of my buddies has a lift at his house... that'll make it easier.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT