new plugs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:55 AM   #1

Region: Illinois
Question new plugs

what would be the best spark plug for 2004 gt with steeda exhaust &cold air intake 5 speed
old ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I put in the ngk iridium, in my 97 gt along with the msd coil packs and msd 8.5 mm wires. Must say it's nicer under the hood and runs like a brand new car. The 360 I paid for all from American muscle was a great investment.
Nrooney3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:22 AM   #3

Region: Florida
Honestly don't think there is any need to put any thing but the stock motocraft plugs in it unless of course u like the other guy and has upgraded you ignition system but that is just my opinion.
Faststang0485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faststang0485
Honestly don't think there is any need to put any thing but the stock motocraft plugs in it unless of course u like the other guy and has upgraded you ignition system but that is just my opinion.
True very true. If they are your stock coil packs i would replace them too, along with your wires. If you have to cash mine as well take care of it.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
I bought the platinum/iridium Bosch 4 ground strap plugs and they woke my car right up
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:49 PM   #6

Smile Re: new plugs

thanks guys good info
old ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: new plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
I bought the platinum/iridium Bosch 4 ground strap plugs and they woke my car right up
The Butt dyno is not a very good one.....I doubt that they "woke" your car right up.

I've never seen plugs add more than 5 hp and that is not detectable to the butt dyno....That's like saying I just put a new air filter in and now I do sick burnouts...
ajpturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpturbo

The Butt dyno is not a very good one.....I doubt that they "woke" your car right up.

I've never seen plugs add more than 5 hp and that is not detectable to the butt dyno....That's like saying I just put a new air filter in and now I do sick burnouts...
Lol I like the air filter part.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:01 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:

Wow,so I guess you ride around with me to make such an assumption,or do you doubt every post written. Or did you see my old plugs to even make such a judgement call. Perhaps you are just miserable and have to take shots at any and all posts made. I said they woke my car up and they did. Ok. I don't think they added any horsepower but they certainly helped throttle response. Or is that doubtable too.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:12 AM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:

So I guess then that when you do some form of work to your car you can't tell a difference as far as responsiveness or handling. I know my car. How it feels and performs at any and all speeds and pedal positions so if you want to comment on your "butt dyno" you go right ahead however do not for one second doubt mine when I am driving my car. K. I really couldn't care what you think to be honest as the op was asking about plugs not your opinion about spark plugs and the effect on my automobile. I wonder,did you even give an opinion on spark plugs or did you just chime in to try to discredit the effects of these spark plugs or my opinion on them. Perhaps you could just answer the ops question and keep your retarded remarks of my opinion to yourself.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #11
Road Trip!

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: new plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
.. I wonder,did you even give an opinion on spark plugs or did you just chime in to try to discredit the effects of these spark plugs or my opinion on them. Perhaps you could just answer the ops question and keep your retarded remarks of my opinion to yourself.
You are right, I only chimed in to draw attention to how silly your statement was....It's what I do best....Don't hate. lol

You made it sound like those plugs are a great improvement over new plugs. It's only because your old plugs were beat to **** that it may have made any noticeable difference.

I probably did 1500 dollars of maintanance when I got my mustang including new plugs, new brakes, rotors, rear end fulid, tranny fluid, power steering fluid flush, brake fluid flush, fuel filter, new belts, iac valve, coolant...guess what....I didn't feel a thing.
ajpturbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT