VAC Question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #1

Region: Kentucky
VAC Question

I have a 2002 mustang gt auto and my vacuum is at about 17 at start up and stays there. When I put it in drive it goes down to about 15 while giving it gas it will drop say 5 and go back up to about 18 and back to between 17 and 15 this differs almost every time but stays in this range. Then sometimes when giving it throttle it will drop about 5 and then just drop off another say 5 to 8 leaving the vac gauge at 5 and slowly recover back to normal or if i let off the gas it will jump back up to normal. Also when this happens it feels like it has lost all power and is very sluggish. It happens the most between say 30mph and 45mph. When I give it WOT it will go down to zero and bounce back to 19 and go back down between 15-17. During WOT there is no hesitation or power loss at all either. What could this be. Any advice would be appreciated thanks in advance
roush727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #2

Re: VAC Question

I forgot to mention when it does drop off like that it sounds like the engine just sucked in a large amount of air. almost like a cylinder is not firing. I have changed the plugs motorcraft. Still didn't fix I would figure a vac leak would be noticable right off the back at idle but im gettin 17 at start up and stays there until I put it in drive when it falls to 15. It only does at at slow acceleration like said before so im lost to where to look for the problem. I am getting a lean code as well p1131 the sensors are turned off since im running o/r h pipe and long tubes which leaves me even more puzzled
Old 01-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #3

Re: VAC Question

Something else to add it is when the car shifts in to overdrive to be exact if this helps.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT