I took ya'lls advice... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:21 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: I took ya'lls advice...

Oh, and I said "all Stock except Cobra emblems/body." Lol. :/I'm sorry to have started such a... Frenzy with the badging. I just think it looks nice. And when someone asks me, I don't have a problem saying it's not a Cobra and explaining that the Cobra body kit and rims are just sexy. As for the emblems, I like them. But then again, it was all done before I got the car and I'm not going to change it. Lol.

It's like people that buy jeans from walmart and sew on designer labels.. The jeans pretty much look the same, but there will always be the few discerning that get pissed off instead of noting that you're trying to pay ommage to the brillance of a higher quality.

Perfection creates imitators, correct? ;pOh, and I said "all Stock except Cobra emblems/body." Lol. :/
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #37
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
Guys... I know it's not a Cobra. That's why I said >>>>GT<<<< and put Cobra in quotes... Lol.
sorry bud...dont pay us any mind.... you know wut they say bout opinions.

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:24 PM   #38
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
I'm sorry to have started such a... Frenzy with the badging. I just think it looks nice. And when someone asks me, I don't have a problem saying it's not a Cobra and explaining that the Cobra body kit and rims are just sexy. As for the emblems, I like them. But then again, it was all done before I got the car and I'm not going to change it. Lol.

It's like people that buy jeans from walmart and sew on designer labels.. The jeans pretty much look the same, but there will always be the few discerning that get pissed off instead of noting that you're trying to pay ommage to the brillance of a higher quality.

Perfection creates imitators, correct? ;p
well said....

racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 11:27 PM   #39
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
It's like people that buy jeans from walmart and sew on designer labels..
Who the hell does that and why?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

hell yea itsa real penis....
Lol +1!
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #41
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
my moms friend did that cause she couldnt afford to get her daughter the name brand..she got the new jeans at wal mart...and the name brand from the thrift store....cut off the tag from old and sewed it on the new

....girl never new the difference. i stoped askn for brand name stuff unless it was tenny shoes..lol.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:37 PM   #42
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

Haha no joke Brent, I have never seen that but I have seen a wood spoiler and a mustang with hydraulics so I guess anything is possible these days...
Old 02-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #43
Road Trip!

Region: Other

If ya like it like that, keep it like that. Fu** what anyone else says. Just don't get upset if you get flamed for having a fake badged car!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:40 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Just sayin'.. It's been done. :p

I like my car. Haha.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:40 PM   #45
Regular

Just going to tell you, you show up to car shows and you will get ripped on. If you don't care, fine, just letting you know. My Mustang is a GT, not a Cobra. No matter if it makes more HP than a Cobra, it is still going to be a GT. No need for misbadging. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Reddit
Old 02-14-2011, 11:43 PM   #46
Regular

Let me put it to you this way:

If you pull up next to a Camaro and it has everything from an SS on it appearance wise but it is actually a Z28, do you think that is cool?

More than likely, you are going to come on here and tell everyone that you smoked an SS Camaro when in reality you just smoked someone who wanted an SS but didn't want to buy one.

Respect the car for what it is.....

Reddit
Old 02-14-2011, 11:52 PM   #47
Road Trip!

Those of us with the real thing just know how rare and wonderful our cars are. I for one have had two GT's before, and I loved them for the GT's they were. Now that I have a real Cobra, it's different and I kind of take it as an insult when someone has a car that "looks" like mine and passes it off as the real thing.

There were only 73 other cars that Ford built that were identical to mine, and who knows how many of those are still alive and well today. If you ever own such a rare car you will understand what I'm talking about!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:52 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Well, if I had a need to race people, I probably wouldn't brag about it. Lol.

I'm sorry for buying a GT that's badged as a Cobra. I'll never do it again. Promise. :]
Old 02-14-2011, 11:52 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

But CobraGuy... I'm not claiming it's a Cobra at all.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:55 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

I don't like that I'm having to defend my word because of the choices the previous car owner made.. :[
Old 02-14-2011, 11:57 PM   #51
Road Trip!

Quote:
But CobraGuy... I'm not claiming it's a Cobra at all.
Oh no, I wasn't saying you were at all, I was just talking about others in general. There are plenty of people who do it.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:59 PM   #52
Road Trip!

Quote:
I don't like that I'm having to defend my word because of the choices the previous car owner made.. :[
You don't have to defend anything bro, you can just tell the flamers to fu** off, and that you like your car the way it is. I was just adding my $.02 to your thread.
Of all the things I'm a dick about, this has to be one of the main ones, lol.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:59 PM   #53
Road Trip!

Welcome to the world of gts bro! What car did you have prior?
Old 02-14-2011, 11:59 PM   #54
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Let me put it to you this way:

If you pull up next to a Camaro and it has everything from an SS on it appearance wise but it is actually a Z28, do you think that is cool?

More than likely, you are going to come on here and tell everyone that you smoked an SS Camaro when in reality you just smoked someone who wanted an SS but didn't want to buy one.

Respect the car for what it is.....
i suppose so brent...i gotta 95 caprice with impala wheels tires and ss impala grill... i dont get ripped on...and i get at least one person a week wantn to buy it. and i still rock the caprice badge on the trunk.....

he may raise an eyebrow at a car show for ppl that really, really know...

but lets face it guys...besides for us "real stang" ppl... the avarage joe blow on the street doesnt know the difference.... and the ppl that dont know the difference are just gonna appreciate a cool lookn car, that's fact.

i tell ppl all freakn day my car is a caprice.. they still call it an impala even though it says caprice on the trunk in pretty large letters. "o, well it looks like an impala".......ppl like the look and care less if its real or not.

the only ppl that are gonna rip on him is his peers "us"

a prime example of wut im sayn is all the v6 stangers thrown on dual exhaust...really? and we wanna rip on an actual v8 car for a cobra plate...really?

Old 02-15-2011, 12:02 AM   #55
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
You don't have to defend anything bro, you can just tell the flamers to fu** off, and that you like your car the way it is. I was just adding my $.02 to your thread.
Of all the things I'm a dick about, this has to be one of the main ones, lol.
he will learn to love u like the rest of us...

Old 02-15-2011, 12:02 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I actually didn't have a car prior to this. I had a '99 Tahoe 4x4. Slightly lifted, pure beast.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ooohyeah.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	23559   Click image for larger version

Name:	1128091832a.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	23560  

Old 02-15-2011, 12:03 AM   #57
Road Trip!

Misbadging a car does suck but at least he is in a stang!!! Not a ricer, and I'm not partial to badge the car what it's not but like he said he didn't put the badges and kit on it, I would look past the badges if I got a sick deal on it!... Just saying
Old 02-15-2011, 12:04 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
i suppose so brent...i gotta 95 caprice with impala wheels tires and ss impala grill... i dont get ripped on...and i get at least one person a week wantn to buy it. and i still rock the caprice badge on the trunk.....

he may raise an eyebrow at a car show for ppl that really, really know...

but lets face it guys...besides for us "real stang" ppl... the avarage joe blow on the street doesnt know the difference.... and the ppl that dont know the difference are just gonna appreciate a cool lookn car, that's fact.

i tell ppl all freakn day my car is a caprice.. they still call it an impala even though it says caprice on the trunk in pretty large letters. "o, well it looks like an impala".......ppl like the look and care less if its real or not.

the only ppl that are gonna rip on him is his peers "us"

a prime example of wut im sayn is all the v6 stangers thrown on dual exhaust...really? and we wanna rip on an actual v8 car for a cobra plate...really?
Thank you, good sir.

I'm just a simple kid, that bought a cool car even though I'm a chevy-lover.. I gotta hand it to Ford, they made one hell of a car with the Mustang GT.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:04 AM   #59
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson
I actually didn't have a car prior to this. I had a '99 Tahoe 4x4. Slightly lifted, pure beast.
See guys, atleast he Switched from the bow tie devils and is now an oval guy!!! Can't rip on him for that!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:05 AM   #60
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson

Thank you, good sir.

I'm just a simple kid, that bought a cool car even though I'm a chevy-lover.. I gotta hand it to Ford, they made one hell of a car with the Mustang GT.
I was a chevy guy also until I got my first mustang! I still own a chevy truck but have to admit, as long as you have the oval you win!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:06 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

And if it does count for anything.. I almost didn't get the car because it was misbaged and that irked me.. But after the test drive, it was all over. Haha. This is one hell of a tight little car.. All stock, and sounds mean. Like what American muscle should always sound like.. And should always drive like, and feel like.

AND IT HAS AC AND HEAT! My truck I had for the past 6 years never did.. :/
Old 02-15-2011, 12:06 AM   #62
Road Trip!

I didn't really care before, hell, I contemplated putting Cobra badges on my first Mustang when I got it. Before I was into Mustangs, I was a straight ricer, except I had nitrous on my ricer. I grew out of rice pretty quick though after I bought my Vert.
Just because a person that wears a dress looks like a woman, don't mean she is one. Just watch Maury!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:08 AM   #63
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
he will learn to love u like the rest of us...
Old 02-15-2011, 12:09 AM   #64
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
i gotta 03 ram with 35' tires and 8inch lift...it's 2wd!!! im all about misrepresentation
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2011, 12:12 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Your Dodge looks good though, man.

And you can have a real 4x4 and get stuck if the driver sucks.. I've seen huge 4x4s get bogged out and 2WDs with skilled drivers just romp straight through. Lol.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:15 AM   #66
Road Trip!

Speaking of lifted.......My old '88 Bronco II with an '89 Mustang 5.0 swap!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:16 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

A 5.0 swap..? That's sick! Must be a screamer.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #68
Road Trip!

Oh it was. I took it through some rough sh**, never got stuck once. The only thing it wouldn't do worth a damn is pull anyone else out, cause it didn't weigh much, lol.
I could drive that thing ANYWHERE!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:23 AM   #69
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Your Dodge looks good though, man.

And you can have a real 4x4 and get stuck if the driver sucks.. I've seen huge 4x4s get bogged out and 2WDs with skilled drivers just romp straight through. Lol.

haha..i just pulled a blazer 4wd out the other day.

i wanna say this..ppl here are passionate bout their opinions. and sometimes they're so passionate that they forget that the point of this site is to make all stang owners feel welcome..regardless of badging, alteeza lighting, or dtm race car sized rear wings. enjoy your car...and dont worry bout tryn to fit into the conformist stang owner box.

i want everyone to feel welcome here...

Old 02-15-2011, 12:26 AM   #70
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

haha..i just pulled a blazer 4wd out the other day.

i wanna say this..ppl here are passionate bout their opinions. and sometimes they're so passionate that they forget that the point of this site is to make all stang owners feel welcome..regardless of badging, alteeza lighting, or dtm race car sized rear wings. enjoy your car...and dont worry bout tryn to fit into the conformist stang owner box.

i want everyone to feel welcome here...
I'm with you brother!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT