I took ya'lls advice... - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:30 AM   #71
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Re: I took ya'lls advice...

I'm the same way, and I don't want to come off as an *** either. Like I said, if you want to put penis badges on your car, hey that's your business. Some people don't like my car, what do I care? I like your car, please don't think I don't, I love all Mustangs.
I'm just harsh with my opinions sometimes, especially with the Cobra name. I've wanted the car I have now, since I was 16 years old, and to tell the truth, I've only seen two others like it in person in my whole life.
Do what makes YOU happy! Do you think if I told everyone here I was going to rattle can my Cobra flat black I wouldn't get fu**ed with? And this isn't even an SVT site!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 12:31 AM   #72
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson
Oh, and I said "all Stock except Cobra emblems/body." Lol. :/I'm sorry to have started such a... Frenzy with the badging. I just think it looks nice. And when someone asks me, I don't have a problem saying it's not a Cobra and explaining that the Cobra body kit and rims are just sexy. As for the emblems, I like them. But then again, it was all done before I got the car and I'm not going to change it. Lol.

It's like people that buy jeans from walmart and sew on designer labels.. The jeans pretty much look the same, but there will always be the few discerning that get pissed off instead of noting that you're trying to pay ommage to the brillance of a higher quality.

Perfection creates imitators, correct? ;pOh, and I said "all Stock except Cobra emblems/body." Lol. :/
It's a really nice car and to be honest who really cares about the badges. If you like em and your happy it's irrelevant what we say about it. I think it's a great looking car and you said it runs great so if your happy that's all that really matters
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #73
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
I don't like that I'm having to defend my word because of the choices the previous car owner made.. :[
Damn man, lol. You can take it off? That is all we are saying.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 12:35 AM   #74
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Nice car. I'd vote to pull the badges off too, but that's just me. Don't even really know exactly what it is about them that bothers me. I've just never been a fan of misbadging. I guess I've never stopped to question why.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:37 AM   #75
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
Nice car. I'd vote to pull the badges off too, but that's just me. Don't even really know exactly what it is about them that bothers me. I've just never been a fan of misbadging. I guess I've never stopped to question why.
Stop, collaborate and listen lol
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:41 AM   #76
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

haha..i just pulled a blazer 4wd out the other day.

i wanna say this..ppl here are passionate bout their opinions. and sometimes they're so passionate that they forget that the point of this site is to make all stang owners feel welcome..regardless of badging, alteeza lighting, or dtm race car sized rear wings. enjoy your car...and dont worry bout tryn to fit into the conformist stang owner box.

i want everyone to feel welcome here...
Very well put... We certainly love our cars. New edge baby. Hey ducati
Old 02-15-2011, 12:46 AM   #77
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
Foxes *****es!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:47 AM   #78
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

Foxes *****es!!!
Hehehe... You saw that coming did ya... I am gonna post a pic of the clutch I just got and I don't think it's a df
Old 02-15-2011, 12:48 AM   #79
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport View Post
Stop, collaborate and listen lol
new members just joined our site with new badges and inventions....

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:53 AM   #80
Road Trip!

Quote:
Hehehe... You saw that coming did ya... I am gonna post a pic of the clutch I just got and I don't think it's a df
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
new members just joined our site with new badges and inventions....
Wow, and I thought I was being a dick!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:04 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Problem with taking the badges off is that I still have the cobra bodykit, and rear bumper that has the cobra inlet. I'm not gonna halfass the badging and just have cobra on the rear bumper.. That'd look stupid. Lol.

But thanks guys. Strangely enough.. I still feel welcome. :p Like a little bro getting roughed up by his older bros. Haha
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:06 AM   #82
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Problem with taking the badges off is that I still have the cobra bodykit, and rear bumper that has the cobra inlet. I'm not gonna halfass the badging and just have cobra on the rear bumper.. That'd look stupid. Lol.

But thanks guys. Strangely enough.. I still feel welcome. :p Like a little bro getting roughed up by his older bros. Haha
It's a start

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:08 AM   #83
Road Trip!

At least it's a mustang....I can't say I was sorry to see the bubble back Capri die
Old 02-15-2011, 01:11 AM   #84
Road Trip!

Quote:

That's how it is here. I like the body treatment, just not the badges, and you are right about the rear bumper. It wouldn't be as noticeable without the insert though. To me though, less is more.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:12 AM   #85
Road Trip!

Quote:
At least it's a mustang....I can't say I was sorry to see the bubble back Capri die
You leave the Capri out of this sir!!! I've beat people up for less!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:15 AM   #86
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

New edge baby, all day long!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:19 AM   #87
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:

stop letn these ppl talk u into having to touch up your fenders by pulln off the badges. leave that **** alone. get a blower and a svt dash....and fuk the rest. and yes, it would look weird with a cobra bumper and no badge.

at least u got cobra badges on a v8...
go to our v6 side and you will see what im talkn bout... you will feel alot better bout your car.

you know how many new edge car i see with dual exhaust and single pipe cut out in the bumper...really

racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
Old 02-15-2011, 01:20 AM   #88
Road Trip!

LOL.
I can't say I hate the New Edge cars though guys. I love the gf's '02 GT. Handles so nicely! I had the choice between a New Edge and a Fox this last time, and was going to get an '04 GT, but then I saw my Cobra. What would Jesus had done in this situation guys? Think about that!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #89
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport

New edge baby, all day long!!!
Hell ya my fellow terrorist. So who is gonna draw us up a sig for the thread terrorist crew... Founding members 1 and 2
Old 02-15-2011, 01:23 AM   #90
Titus Wadicus
Regular

does your stang have a cobra front bumper?

Old 02-15-2011, 01:23 AM   #91
Road Trip!

Quote:
LOL.
I can't say I hate the New Edge cars though guys. I love the gf's '02 GT. Handles so nicely! I had the choice between a New Edge and a Fox this last time, and was going to get an '04 GT, but then I saw my Cobra. What would Jesus had done in this situation guys? Think about that!
Well fox body cars are what got me into this passion/addiction/insanity in the first place. I love them too and I owned one for 4 hours and oh yeah. NEW EDGE
Old 02-15-2011, 01:23 AM   #92
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
LOL.
i didnt mean new edge...i meant 05 and up v6

Old 02-15-2011, 01:24 AM   #93
Road Trip!

Quote:
Well fox body cars are what got me into this passion/addiction/insanity in the first place. I love them too and I owned one for 4 hours and oh yeah. NEW EDGE
Hours or years?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:27 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
does your stang have a cobra front bumper?
It does have the Cobra front bumper. And grill delete with Cobra emblem. At least I'm pretty sure it's the Cobra front..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0612.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	766.0 KB
ID:	23565  
Old 02-15-2011, 01:28 AM   #95
Road Trip!

Quote:

Hell ya my fellow terrorist. So who is gonna draw us up a sig for the thread terrorist crew... Founding members 1 and 2
I might be able to come up with something....
Old 02-15-2011, 01:30 AM   #96
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson

It does have the Cobra front bumper. And grill delete with Cobra emblem.
Well atleast it wasn't done half ***...
Old 02-15-2011, 01:31 AM   #97
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport

I might be able to come up with something....
Yeah. Totally bro. We can put the logo as our sigs. Lalayla draws doesn't she.maybe she would help us out
Old 02-15-2011, 01:32 AM   #98
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
It does have the Cobra front bumper. And grill delete with Cobra emblem.
id leave it alone, but id shy away from racing ppl til u get a blower though...lol. i dont care wut noone says n here bout badging...if it was their car i dought they would be ripping off bumpers cause its not a read deal. i bet it's pretty sweet in person.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:34 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not much of a racer... I really adore this car too much to dog it out. I might get into the throttle a little bit ocassionally because.. It just sounds so damn good. But I've had the car for three days, and literally have had 12 people try to race me on the interstate and at stop lights.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:34 AM   #100
Road Trip!

Quote:

Hours or years?
Hours. I had just bought it when I was 21...it was a 92. Paid 10 grand cash. Driving it home with no plates and insurance and totalled it. I had only burned half a tank of gas. I might as well have taken the money and set it on fire. And 6 grand in fines and charges. It was a mess
Old 02-15-2011, 01:35 AM   #101
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yeah. Totally bro. We can put the logo as our sigs. Lalayla draws doesn't she.maybe she would help us out
Ya maybe... We can find something bad ***
Old 02-15-2011, 01:35 AM   #102
Road Trip!

Quote:
It does have the Cobra front bumper. And grill delete with Cobra emblem. At least I'm pretty sure it's the Cobra front..
Yup it is, and the Cobra bumper is very nice!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:36 AM   #103
Road Trip!

Quote:

Hours. I had just bought it when I was 21...it was a 92. Paid 10 grand cash. Driving it home with no plates and insurance and totalled it. I had only burned half a tank of gas. I might as well have taken the money and set it on fire. And 6 grand in fines and charges. It was a mess
WTF?! And you didn't commit suicide?!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:37 AM   #104
Titus Wadicus
Regular

take your tax return and get u a twin screw someone took off when they upgraded...speedshps got take off's and even ebay

Old 02-15-2011, 01:37 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Overall, I might have a Comp Cams Stage 2 camshaft with valve springs, an Intake Manifold of which type I have not yet determined, and an upgraded radiator, and maybe a new exhaust.. Kinda leaning toward the Borla Stinger S-type.. Idk, I like the stock gears.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT