I took ya'lls advice... - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:38 AM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: I took ya'lls advice...

What's a twinscrew? Sorry.. I'ma newb. :/
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 01:39 AM   #107
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport View Post
Ya maybe... We can find something bad ***
am i in this gang too?....ima farm thug you know...

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:40 AM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack

Hey cole the way i look at it is you are cruising in style regardless and I love my new edge and she is a beast in her own mind. When Trick flow gets done with her she will be just F****** perfect and I will be finally have the car that I have dreamed.

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 01:42 AM   #109
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport

WTF?! And you didn't commit suicide?!
Buddy... I rolled it end for end... I was almost killed. I wished I was when I saw the car after. Had er on the floor in 5th and was driving like an idiot. Over-corrected while passing at 110 mph and I don't remember much til I woke up in hospital. Promised myself I wouldn't by another until I was responsible enough to drive with respect for the other human beings on the road. But I got tired of waiting to grow up so I bought one last august. I shopped around til I found the one I have now. I love my car
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:44 AM   #110
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
itsa supercharger...that thing your bodykit is advertising which why ppl wanna race u...lol. if you jjust like the looks though...dont worry bout it.

racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
Old 02-15-2011, 01:47 AM   #111
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson
Overall, I might have a Comp Cams Stage 2 camshaft with valve springs, an Intake Manifold of which type I have not yet determined, and an upgraded radiator, and maybe a new exhaust.. Kinda leaning toward the Borla Stinger S-type.. Idk, I like the stock gears.
The stock intake maniflold is already pretty good. Maybe just port it. Get a bigger tb... 70mm is fine unless your gonna put a snail on it. And cams are only gonna bump you about 20 hp. What heads 2 or 4 valve. Exhaust is must and don't waste youronet on shorties. Long tubes or nothing. Cams will cost about 1200 installed... Just save up for a blower or spray it
Old 02-15-2011, 01:48 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
itsa supercharger...that thing your bodykit is advertising which why ppl wanna race u...lol. if you jjust like the looks though...dont worry bout it.
If you look the part, ppl are going to temp you and if you are good you will have the balls to back it up. A sharp looking car is an advertisement for a fast car.

Remember the old celica commercials "looks Fast and the car never moved"

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:53 AM   #113
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

am i in this gang too?....ima farm thug you know...
Absolutely svt
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:54 AM   #114
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

Buddy... I rolled it end for end... I was almost killed. I wished I was when I saw the car after. Had er on the floor in 5th and was driving like an idiot. Over-corrected while passing at 110 mph and I don't remember much til I woke up in hospital. Promised myself I wouldn't by another until I was responsible enough to drive with respect for the other human beings on the road. But I got tired of waiting to grow up so I bought one last august. I shopped around til I found the one I have now. I love my car
Well damn, looks like we have both woken up in the hospital, cheers!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:58 AM   #115
Road Trip!

Quote:

Absolutely svt
**** ya...and then there were 3
Old 02-15-2011, 02:01 AM   #116
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ijack View Post
If you look the part, ppl are going to temp you and if you are good you will have the balls to back it up. A sharp looking car is an advertisement for a fast car.

Remember the old celica commercials "looks Fast and the car never moved"
i think when he hears the whine that is supposed to go with the body kit...he may change his mind....

Old 02-15-2011, 02:02 AM   #117
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

**** ya...and then there were 3
4!! Don't forget our sleeper cell agent!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:05 AM   #118
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
word to ya mutha!!!

Old 02-15-2011, 02:06 AM   #119
Road Trip!

Region: Other

I don't know what you're talking about? What's this "sleeper cell" you speak of?
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:09 AM   #120
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
I don't know what you're talking about? What's this "sleeper cell" you speak of?
Idk, some dude with a matching car and house... Lol
Old 02-15-2011, 02:10 AM   #121
Road Trip!

Old 02-15-2011, 02:11 AM   #122
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Exclamation Re: I took ya'lls advice...

Quote:

Old 02-15-2011, 02:13 AM   #123
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:

Old 02-15-2011, 02:14 AM   #124
Road Trip!

Quote:

Shhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 02-15-2011, 02:14 AM   #125
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

word to ya mutha!!!
Bahahahahah
Old 02-15-2011, 02:14 AM   #126
Road Trip!

Quote:
I guess my car matches my house. It's a running joke all over the forum now.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:16 AM   #127
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
Bahahahahah
Your post count when I looked was 666. Awesome!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:17 AM   #128
Road Trip!

Quote:
A twin screw is a positive displacement blower like a tork teck and kenne bell. Then there is the snail which is a centrifugal type blower then we have a turbo that is basically a snail that is spun via the exhaust and not the crank
Old 02-15-2011, 02:17 AM   #129
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
Your post count when I looked was 666. Awesome!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:18 AM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

I really don't wanna go forced induction or spray. Just not practical for my type of driving, I don't rev high enough for that usually. Lol. It would be badass though.

I only wanna get my car to about the 285-300RWHP range. So only need like 40RWHP to be right in that groove, right?

So porting the intake would be good enough to handle a stage 2 cam? If so.. That'd be awesome. I like the look of the stock intake.

And yeah, I was gonna go with long heads to some type of catback. Haven't worked out the details yet. Just waiting for my first off day of work on Friday to kinda tear into the engine a little. I think I have a vacuum hose leak. My idle kinda quivers every now and then.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:19 AM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

And thanks for the info Everett. :] I know a little about forced induction.. Just never heard it called a twin screw.. haha.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:21 AM   #132
Road Trip!

Damn! Mike, it's telling you not to mess with the new edge!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:27 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

What I really want to do is get a strong and sturdy engine base built, so maybe in the upcoming years I can go wild with forced induction or whatever I want. So I wanna start working on the engine internals asap. Any suggestions?
Old 02-15-2011, 02:29 AM   #134
Road Trip!

Quote:
What I really want to do is get a strong and sturdy engine base built, so maybe in the upcoming years I can go wild with forced induction or whatever I want. So I wanna start working on the engine internals asap. Any suggestions?
Forged rotating assembly for starters.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:32 AM   #135
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
And thanks for the info Everett. :] I know a little about forced induction.. Just never heard it called a twin screw.. haha.
im not sure whos' calculator u borrowed to do your math...but to out it in lamens terms....you got the game wrong yo. all the stuff you mentioned earlier u wanted to buy will buy u a blower and net u more hp at the end of the day.

secondly, your rpms have nothing to do with a blowers operations, you dont have to be at 6 or 7 grand to get power from it...thats "fast and the furious math"

and the hp you gain from those bolt ons is spread over the entire rpm range in increments...not overall...more ricer math

you will spend 2300 and still not be happy with your car.

you will have very good power at 2200rpm with a blower trust me.

i was just reading your post, and it just didnt seem like you had a real good understanding of were the power is gonna go when you spend your hard earned money...

Old 02-15-2011, 02:39 AM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
im not sure whos' calculator u borrowed to do your math...but to out it in lamens terms....you got the game wrong yo. all the stuff you mentioned earlier u wanted to buy will buy u a blower and net u more hp at the end of the day.

secondly, your rpms have nothing to do with a blowers operations, you dont have to be at 6 or 7 grand to get power from it...thats "fast and the furious math"

and the hp you gain from those bolt ons is spread over the entire rpm range in increments...not overall...more ricer math

you will spend 2300 and still not be happy with your car.

you will have very good power at 2200rpm with a blower trust me.

i was just reading your post, and it just didnt seem like you had a real good understanding of were the power is gonna go when you spend your hard earned money...
Ah, I see. Sorry about the "ricer math." Everyone I've ever known around me that has even halfway-quick cars have 350Zs and RX7s. And stuff like that.

So parts and labor, a blower will run about how much?
Old 02-15-2011, 02:40 AM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ah, I see. Sorry about the "ricer math." Everyone I've ever known around me that has even halfway-quick cars have 350Zs and RX7s. And stuff like that.

So parts and labor, a blower will run about how much?

P.S. It still feels as though the GT, stock, is still faster than their modded cars. Weird. Guess no matter how much HP you have, can't replicate that torque. Lol
Old 02-15-2011, 02:43 AM   #138
Road Trip!

Quote:
I really don't wanna go forced induction or spray. Just not practical for my type of driving, I don't rev high enough for that usually. Lol. It would be badass though.

I only wanna get my car to about the 285-300RWHP range. So only need like 40RWHP to be right in that groove, right?

So porting the intake would be good enough to handle a stage 2 cam? If so.. That'd be awesome. I like the look of the stock intake.

And yeah, I was gonna go with long heads to some type of catback. Haven't worked out the details yet. Just waiting for my first off day of work on Friday to kinda tear into the engine a little. I think I have a vacuum hose leak. My idle kinda quivers every now and then.
Nope. Stock the new edge has 220 rwhp. To get to 300 n/a is long tube headers and off road exhaust,cai,accufab throttle body and plenum,underdrive pulleys,higher lift cams and don't even try doing that yourself. The 4.6 is piston/valve interference motor which means the valve and piston occupy the same space at some point in the cycle. And you will need a custom dyno tune. The remote tuning like bama won't get every last hp out of your motor like a dyno tune. And all of this work might get 300 rwhp. Ford pretty much maxed this motor from the factory. Forced induction is the best bet for power. Turbo is my personal favorite. You can get a zex universal nitrous kit that will ad 55/65/75 ho jets safely. And at those numbers the tank lasts surprising long.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:43 AM   #139
Road Trip!

Quote:

P.S. It still feels as though the GT, stock, is still faster than their modded cars. Weird. Guess no matter how much HP you have, can't replicate that torque. Lol
260 HP and 302 pounds of torque can say alot... Add a blower and then you're screaming instead of saying...
Old 02-15-2011, 02:48 AM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

So let's talk money. Blower + install is ballparked around how much?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT