so for those of you who wanted to swap their dash clusters and who were worried about the PATS system and how to get past it here is a little write up on it. i looked into it and there was just alot of TALK on this, nobody has done it so i did!
what you will need...
1. pair of needle nose plires
2. tork screw drivers
3. small flat head screw drivery
i also went to youtube and found a step by ste process on my iphone on how to remove everything. heres the link
1. first you will need to remove the benzel infornt of the cluster.
1a.you do this by disconnecting the battery before anything.
2a.pull out your headlight nob all the way. then with a small flat head screw driver youpush the little clip up while pulling on the nob. it will come off with some effort.
2. you will need your tork screw drivers to remove the front of the cluster.
2a. after removeing these this should come off.
3. now remove the 4 black tork screws around the piece
4. so now your dealing with this.
4a. start to pull it out from the bottom but be careful because there are two plugs connected in the back.
4b.remove them. one one the left and one on the right.
5. now its out.
6. on the back you will see the 6 brass tork screws.
7.now heres the circut board.
pull strait up on the odometer plug
then pull off the circut board.
now its off.
9.now remove the two screws of the odometer circut board with a smaller tork screw driver.
now simply replace all YOUR circutry on the cobra cluster like so. put your odometer board on then the circut board and white backing.
10. now after youve put all your hardware on the cobra cluster it should be complete
11. now put it back in the way you removed the old one. reconnect the battery and try starting it. this is where EVERYONE says the PATS system wont let you start the car. well they are wrong! mine started right up and kept the same mileage!
it also looks good at night!
hope this helps someone!