Anyone else have this problem? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Nice. I've just never really wanted to add anything to the crankcase myself. Everyone is different I guess. I might try something like that on my vert, but the Cobra, eh, Id rather be safe than sorry.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
Nice. I've just never really wanted to add anything to the crankcase myself. Everyone is different I guess. I might try something like that on my vert, but the Cobra, eh, Id rather be safe than sorry.
I don't blame you with all the snake oils out there. But take me at my word bro that stuff works. Try it. 1/3 in the crankcase with real cheap oil and go 1000 miles. Try er in the new 2 u drop top. It will surprise you the gunk. And look up lubromoly. I just bought the last 6 bottles at napa. I will keep the board and crew informed about this stuff. It's an amazing product and I will be keeping very accurate fuel consumption detail and making notes on sounds and I will be getting a used oil analysis. Google it. It's made in Germany.
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:13 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

I don't blame you with all the snake oils out there. But take me at my word bro that stuff works. Try it. 1/3 in the crankcase with real cheap oil and go 1000 miles. Try er in the new 2 u drop top. It will surprise you the gunk. And look up lubromoly. I just bought the last 6 bottles at napa. I will keep the board and crew informed about this stuff. It's an amazing product and I will be keeping very accurate fuel consumption detail and making notes on sounds and I will be getting a used oil analysis. Google it. It's made in Germany.
Is there even such thing as cheap oil lol? Do you put it in right after the oil change or a few hundred before? Cause I just switched the vert to sythetic mobil 1 the other day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Anyone else have this problem?

Looks like these guys got you in the right direction. We are one big family and are more than willing to help you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
K 93. How do you dissolve engine sludge. And seafoam is a petroleum product. I also wouldn't run it for a whole oil change interval however when I did my chev I wanted to to a cleaning phase like I had read about at the bob is the oil guy forum so I put cheap 10w30 in and half a can of seafoam. 300 miles later my oil was black as hell so I changed it again. This time went jet black at 1000 miles so I did it again. I did this 4 times never going longer than 1800 miles. My oil now when I change it at 10k it's blackish but not even close to when I did the clean phase and I get better mileage and I don't hear any valvetrain noise at all. It works when used as directed and now that it is clean when I do the treatment every 3rd change it's basically maintenance. I just bought a gallon jug today actually.
You can use Marvel Mystery Oil to help in the crankcase too. It's good for cars that sit up for a while as it will help eliminate lifter issues.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Quote:

Is there even such thing as cheap oil lol? Do you put it in right after the oil change or a few hundred before? Cause I just switched the vert to sythetic mobil 1 the other day.
About 500-1000 miles before oil change.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend
Looks like these guys got you in the right direction. We are one big family and are more than willing to help you!

You can use Marvel Mystery Oil to help in the crankcase too. It's good for cars that sit up for a while as it will help eliminate lifter issues.
Yup mmo works too. Just not as quickly. I found seafoam and have now closed my mind to other products. Once I saw and felt what it did to every higher mileage vehicle that I treated I am a believer.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #42
Road Trip!

Quote:
About 500-1000 miles before oil change.
That's what I had heard. I'll probably try it out on the Vert. I haven't seafoamed it yet anyway, and was planning on doing it this weekend.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:19 AM   #43
Road Trip!

Quote:

That's what I had heard. I'll probably try it out on the Vert. I haven't seafoamed it yet anyway, and was planning on doing it this weekend.
You won't be disappointed. Prolly be amazed. Diesel oil has alot of detergents too if you wanna try the slow clean. And rotella has got tonnes of zddp. Bad for cats but great engine protection
Old 02-25-2011, 12:25 AM   #44
Road Trip!

Quote:
You won't be disappointed. Prolly be amazed. Diesel oil has alot of detergents too if you wanna try the slow clean. And rotella has got tonnes of zddp. Bad for cats but great engine protection
No cats on there anyway. Mac shorties with an offroad H back to Flowmasters dumped at the axle.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:53 AM   #45
Road Trip!

Quote:

No cats on there anyway. Mac shorties with an offroad H back to Flowmasters dumped at the axle.
Well then an oil with high moly content like redline or an oil with high zddp like shell Rottela will be perfect for you. Would you like me to compile a list for you or are you happy with your brand right now
Old 02-25-2011, 01:07 AM   #46
Road Trip!

I think I'm good with my Mobil bro. I appreciate it though!
Old 02-25-2011, 01:18 AM   #47
Road Trip!

Quote:
I think I'm good with my Mobil bro. I appreciate it though!
Yup.... Good oil. Once I do my moly experiment I will inform ya whether it's worth it. I am gonna pull a head off the chev and do a before and after. And are you running synthetic or Dino. What are your oil change intervals. Mobil 1 is decent oil but you might be better served using red line,AMSOIL or royal purple. What are your driving habits like. Gimme some info and I will put er into my computer and we can see what oil is best suited to you. If you want
Old 02-26-2011, 04:26 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I was reading another post and the noise they were describing is what the noise sounds like in our stang. It sounds like jet noise. Every couple of seconds it does it.
LuvMyMustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT