Are all people this immature? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Are all people this immature?

Alright guys, here's the story.

So I'm driving back from HTC (My base of operations) on my way home. I decided to report in so I could get some extra training and pay since I'm leaving for Afghanistan soon, so I wasn't even "supposed" to be there, it was kinda like overtime. I'm driving my Mustang in the slow lane going about 65-70 when I notice this car in the fast lane has pulled up right beside me and hasn't passed. Naturally I look over, and when I do and I see this kid (he wasn't much older than me, maybe a college kid) just staring at me. So I stare back and next thing you know he flicks me off and guns his engine so he flies ahead of me. I didn't get a good look at the car first, so I just decided that I should just forget about it.

But then he slams on his breaks and pulls up next to me AGAIN. This time I was able to get a good look at his car (Hyundai Tiburon w/ Duel Exhaust).
I look back at him and gesture "what the hell do you want"? and he points ahead of him and floors his pedal, flying by me again.

Now I'm extremely anal and careful when it comes to my pony, so I just didn't even bother with the guy. I know I'm new to owning a fast car but is this something I should expect more often because I own a nice car now? I mean, cmon, seriously, how immature can you get?
CPL Ahern is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Re: Are all people this immature?

I was out yesterday in the vert and these punk *** kids in some kind of Hyundai kept getting beside me and yelling for me to spin the tires and to get on it.
Personally I try to ignore idiots like this, I was on a pretty busy road and was not about to do something stupid that would only get me in trouble so they could get their jollies seeing me do it.
It's hard to drive these cars and not get an idiot's or a cop's attention. I'm sure everyone else with a Mustang of any kind can relate.
Funny thing is, if I'm in my gf's New Edge, I don't get half the attention as I do in the Foxes.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPL Ahern

So I'm driving back from HTC (My base of operations) on my way home. I decided to report in so I could get some extra training and pay since I'm leaving for Afghanistan soon, so I wasn't even "supposed" to be there, it was kinda like overtime. I'm driving my Mustang in the slow lane going about 65-70 when I notice this car in the fast lane has pulled up right beside me and hasn't passed. Naturally I look over, and when I do and I see this kid (he wasn't much older than me, maybe a college kid) just staring at me. So I stare back and next thing you know he flicks me off and guns his engine so he flies ahead of me. I didn't get a good look at the car first, so I just decided that I should just forget about it.

But then he slams on his breaks and pulls up next to me AGAIN. This time I was able to get a good look at his car (Hyundai Tiburon w/ Duel Exhaust).
I look back at him and gesture "what the hell do you want"? and he points ahead of him and floors his pedal, flying by me again.

Now I'm extremely anal and careful when it comes to my pony, so I just didn't even bother with the guy. I know I'm new to owning a fast car but is this something I should expect more often because I own a nice car now? I mean, cmon, seriously, how immature can you get?
Yea there are going to be a lot of ppl in ****ty cars trying to race you. I think its funny
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sno4life

Yea there are going to be a lot of ppl in ****ty cars trying to race you. I think its funny
Yeah, driving over to my girlfriends house, a Chevy aveo with dual exhaust pulled up next to me on the highway. Stomped on it, slowed down, then stomped on it again. Wasn't really paying attention but I could tell that was about as fast as he could go. So yes, a lot of people are that stupid.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Send a message via Yahoo to drusmith

Oh my yes!!!!!!

Young punk kids are the worst. I had a Grand am fly up on my doing about 90mph on the highway. Blow right past me and I just looked at my buddy and we both started to laugh so hard. he slowed back down and sped up 3 times and I looked at him an smiled.

Same day! Jeep Cherokee sport all hopped up on HP sat next to me at a light and did a break stand, but only one wheel was spinning. Again i just laugh and took off without even getting over 4K rpms.

This will happen all the time to nice cars such as ares. If for any reason some Corvette or new Camero SS did that same S**t. It would be murder. I would make sure I kicked there a** so bad they wouldn't even try to race another mustang ever again, even a V6. LOL
drusmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by drusmith
Oh my yes!!!!!!

Young punk kids are the worst. I had a Grand am fly up on my doing about 90mph on the highway. Blow right past me and I just looked at my buddy and we both started to laugh so hard. he slowed back down and sped up 3 times and I looked at him an smiled.

Same day! Jeep Cherokee sport all hopped up on HP sat next to me at a light and did a break stand, but only one wheel was spinning. Again i just laugh and took off without even getting over 4K rpms.

This will happen all the time to nice cars such as ares. If for any reason some Corvette or new Camero SS did that same S**t. It would be murder. I would make sure I kicked there as so bad they wouldn't even try to race another mustang ever again, even a V6. LOL
Well... I'm not really a punk kid as far as I know... But I am 17 on march 18th.. So I am pretty young
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
Well... I'm not really a punk kid as far as I know... But I am 17 on march 18th.. So I am pretty young
Yes you are young but the "punk kid" is yet to be determined!!

Just kidding bro!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
I get it all the time as well from other Mustangs to civics. Idk... I ignore them and roll up my windows.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yea it happens to me all the time too. I attract alot of dumb ppl. All kind of ****ty hondas pull up next to me ive had cops next to me i guess cuz my car is soo loud. Its funny wen they take off speeding and think ima chase them. There was one time a honda followed me for about 30 mins wanting to race me on the freeway.
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgt08 View Post
Yea it happens to me all the time too. I attract alot of dumb ppl. All kind of ****ty hondas pull up next to me ive had cops next to me i guess cuz my car is soo loud. Its funny wen they take off speeding and think ima chase them. There was one time a honda followed me for about 30 mins wanting to race me on the freeway.
Whats up with all these Honda's anyway? Dont the owners know that they are slow....... LOL WTF
Old 03-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPL Ahern View Post

A lot of ricers will do that s***
They don't do it too much with me but I know my fiance has that problem
Random hondas, toyotas, and other pos do the same thing

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
They just want to test there car against a car they know is probably faster. If you ignore them it makes them even angrier because they can't test there little mods they might have made to there little piggy bank on wheels.
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo1967Mustang

A lot of ricers will do that s***
They don't do it too much with me but I know my fiance has that problem
Random hondas, toyotas, and other pos do the same thing
Yup. My brother calls them lawnmowers. Lol
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

idiot owners like to try and piss others off to get a race out of them... just dangerous if you ask me.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno4life View Post
Yup. My brother calls them lawnmowers. Lol
Lol
They sound exactly like 'em

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

When is HTC pushing Gingerbread to the EVO and will it be 2.3 or 2.4?

Also, does Sprint have any plans for another HTC phone this year? I haven't seen any FCC applications lately...

Quote:

So I'm driving back from HTC (My base of operations)
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

It was pretty funny because I was in my combat utilities since I had just got back from training. I can only imagine him pulling up and seeing me in combat gear hahaha
Old 03-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

i fear idiots like that getting in front of you, slamming on the brakes, ending up causing you to hit them or something... just wont leave you alone... about the only thing you can do is pull over.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I know, I never really asked why they call it that. I just know it as the motor pool because I drive armored trucks lol
Old 03-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
i fear idiots like that getting in front of you, slamming on the brakes, ending up causing you to hit them or something... just wont leave you alone... about the only thing you can do is pull over.
Yea I know I was worried he'd end up crashing into someone in front of us and cause a pile up because he was too busy looking at me to see the other cars in front of him.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gster View Post
They just want to test there car against a car they know is probably faster. If you ignore them it makes them even angrier because they can't test there little mods they might have made to there little piggy bank on wheels.
AWESOME!!!! Laughter!!!! Good post bro!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gster View Post
Hahahaha! Perfect way to describe them.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
When is HTC pushing Gingerbread to the EVO and will it be 2.3 or 2.4?

Also, does Sprint have any plans for another HTC phone this year? I haven't seen any FCC applications lately...
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
Yeah, driving over to my girlfriends house, a Chevy aveo with dual exhaust pulled up next to me on the highway. Stomped on it, slowed down, then stomped on it again. Wasn't really paying attention but I could tell that was about as fast as he could go. So yes, a lot of people are that stupid.
Haha, I was on a 3-hr drive on the interstate and over which two different Aveos tried to race me.. One had a huge redneck in it with a feaux-hawk mullet. Haha, they both floored it and left at a sizzling (probably top speed) of 85 mph! XD
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
I had a guy in a stock Tempo try me hardcore. Really? You'll regret flooring it once it breaks down in the next few miles!

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
I had a guy in a stock Tempo try me hardcore. Really? You'll regret flooring it once it breaks down in the next few miles!
That happened to a guy in a honda who tried to race me a couple of months ago. Light turned green, I looked over to see if he was gonna go for it, he did, except he didn't get anywhere, engine blew right there at the light. Funny part is after I took off, a buddy of mine, who was in his Challenger a couple of cars back told me that the guy was trying to start it but smoke was pouring out from under the hood. He just shook his head and laughed as he went by.
2007 Torch Red Mustang GT, Parchment Leather, Saleen Supercharger, SCT X-Cal Programmer,brenspeed.com tunes, Tuned by X-Act Dyno (Tempe, Az) 425rwhp, 4:10 Gears, Axel-back MAC exhaust, Dashhawk OBD-II Computer Monitoring System, Sequential Tail Lights, Halo Driving Lights, Eagle Eye Headlights with 6000K HID's, Clear Turn Signal Lenses, Projector Switchback Bulbs, Painted White LeMans Style Stripes, CDC Aggressive chin spoiler, Billet hood pins, Pirelli P-Zero P255 40 ZR19 wheels mounted on 2014 Mustang GT Wheels
Badinuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:

heres what i notice.when you drive a mustang everyone thinks you want to race all the time.so just get used to it.whats funny is what he wanted to race you with. lol
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas

I have cars f with me all the time, it happens in both cars, although probably more in the Roush. I lost my cool a couple months ago when a Camaro f'd with me AFTER I kicked his ***, and I ended up getting a ticket for passing on the right. The trooper gave me a break, I deserved worse... I usually try to ignore cars that mess with me...

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav View Post
I have cars f with me all the time, it happens in both cars, although probably more in the Roush. I lost my cool a couple months ago when a Camaro f'd with me AFTER I kicked his ***, and I ended up getting a ticket for passing on the right. The trooper gave me a break, I deserved worse... I usually try to ignore cars that mess with me...
i hear ya lol
Old 03-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #30

Region: California

what sucks is that when the cops roll up they will focus on the mustang! dont get suckered
Old 03-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #31
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Guys, this thread is dangerously close to violating our no street racing discussions rule. I don't have a problem with it as long as people do not start talking about actual races they have run. The original post is fine as long as it stays on that type of subject.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
I was out yesterday in the vert and these punk *** kids in some kind of Hyundai kept getting beside me and yelling for me to spin the tires and to get on it.
Personally I try to ignore idiots like this, I was on a pretty busy road and was not about to do something stupid that would only get me in trouble so they could get their jollies seeing me do it.
It's hard to drive these cars and not get an idiot's or a cop's attention. I'm sure everyone else with a Mustang of any kind can relate.
Funny thing is, if I'm in my gf's New Edge, I don't get half the attention as I do in the Foxes.
That's because they've probably never seen a foxbody
Old 03-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMustang View Post
what sucks is that when the cops roll up they will focus on the mustang! dont get suckered
i do find that cops in my area do keep an eye on the mustangs
Old 03-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #34
Road Trip!

Region: Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06mustangmike View Post
heres what i notice.when you drive a mustang everyone thinks you want to race all the time.so just get used to it.whats funny is what he wanted to race you with. lol
+1
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:41 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Guys, this thread is dangerously close to violating our no street racing discussions rule. I don't have a problem with it as long as people do not start talking about actual races they have run. The original post is fine as long as it stays on that type of subject.

I was thinking of your expressed policy on "kills" and I wasn't bragging or going into details about it because I didn't want to go against your rules. I wasn't trying to engage the guy in any kind of a contest, although it happened. My point was I got a ticket, and deserved it because of how I over reacted to another driver messing with me.

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT