Tell me the difference - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Tell me the difference

Ok I been around mustangs my whole life but I still don't know this.. What is the difference in full detail between a regular 01 mustang and an 01 mustang bullitt mustang
Codysmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 11:43 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codysmustang
Ok I been around mustangs my whole life but I still don't know this.. What is the difference in full detail between a regular 01 mustang and an 01 mustang bullitt mustang
From what I remember the bullit has a different intake and the rear has stiffer lcas and ucas. There is more but I don't remember offhand

Built 2 Last TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

From what I remember the bullit has a different intake and the rear has stiffer lcas and ucas. There is more but I don't remember offhand

Built 2 Last TTT
Wat are icas and ucas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 11:47 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Upper control arms and lower control arms. I think the bullit is more drag oriented right from ford. I might be mistaken tho

Built 2 Last TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: Tell me the difference

There are quite a few differences between a regular 01 GT and an 01 Bullitt.

I copied this directly from this link (follow the link to see photos): MustangSpecs.com > Specialty Models > 2001 Bullitt Mustang

In 2000, Ford introduced the Bullitt concept car, spawning back memories of arguably one of the most exciting car chase scenes in history. This took place when Lt. Frank Bullitt, played by Steve McQueen, chased down the bad guys in a '68 Charger R/T in his own Highland Green '68 GT390.

The concept was thought to be only for promotional use, our simply as a tribute to the GT390, but the Bullitt went into production in 2001, as Ford hoped to capitalize on the ever growing cult classic movie, "Bullitt." Pictured at the left is a replica of the '68 fastback McQueen went roaring through the streets of San Francisco with along with the 2001 Bullitt Mustang.

The Bullitt Mustang was meant to visually connect the viewer to Steve McQueen's ride of choice. It is a heavily modified 2001 GT, exterior modifications including: unique side scoops, 17-inch Bullitt style aluminum wheels along with lowered suspension. A unique look is given off by the C-pillars and quarter panel molding as the car seems to hug the road below. A bold brushed-aluminum fuel filler door is placed on the quarter panel. Along with a Bullitt badge and polished exhaust tips, the 2001 Bullitt Mustang definitely has its own look.

Powering the Bullitt is a 4.6L SOHC V8, modified to increase airflow. The Bullitt engine produces at least 270 horsepower, and shoves out much more torque than the standard GT Mustang. Modifications to the engine include twin 57 mm bore throttle body, cast aluminum intake manifold, high flow mufflers for increased power and an aggressive sound and an optimized alternator along with pump pulley ratios.

Bullitt's modified suspension creates a firm ride. The car is lowered 3/4 of an inch (1.9 cm) for a firmer, better balanced, ride along with improved handling capabilities. This performance-handling package also includes re-valved Tokico struts and shocks, unique stabilizer bar placed in both the front and rear of the car, and frame rail connectors. Excellent braking capabilities is generated from the 13-inch Brembo front rotors and performance callipers.

Found in the inside are performance bucket seats with Dark Charcoal leather trim. A brushed aluminum shifter knob, shifter bezel, and door sill plates are also very evident features. To finish off the performance design are aluminum pedal covers. The instrument cluster is a modern interpretation of the 1960s design found in the GT390, designed to offer unique curved numeric speedometer graphics and a white-lit background.

The 2001 Bullitt was offered in two other colors than the Dark Highland Green that Frank Bullitt chose. Also offered was the newly introduced true blue, as well as black. Total production for the Bullitt Mustang was 5,582, consisting of 723 true blue Bullitts, 1,818 black, and 3,041 dark highland greens.

I have quite a few friends who own Bullitts so let me know what else you'd like to know about them.

My friend Michael owns this baddass Bullitt that was featured in 5.0 Mustang and Superfords mag as well as Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt - Mustang 50 Magazine

2001 Bullitt Mustang - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
03 Dark Shadow Grey GT: 03 Cobra Brake Upgrade, H&R Super Sport Springs, Magnaflow Magnapack Catback, Anthracite FR500s with Continental ExtremeContact DW tires all around, Steeda Tri-ax, Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors, plus much more...
Slow03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:01 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Well to put it simply I not getting the 03 GT anymore because complications with the guy that owns the car and his family. But I may be getting a 01 mustang but most likely gonna be a V6.. And hope to be a manual. But other than that it probably gonna be stock and wanted to no what stuff could be done to get it as close to a bullitt as I can. I wish could get more but can't this is my only chance at getting a mustang before I get married and get a house. Goin nuts guys please assist
Old 03-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Honestly I wouldn't settle for an 01 v6 if your intention is to model it after a Bullitt. The performance difference between a new edge GT & v6 is huge.
03 Dark Shadow Grey GT: 03 Cobra Brake Upgrade, H&R Super Sport Springs, Magnaflow Magnapack Catback, Anthracite FR500s with Continental ExtremeContact DW tires all around, Steeda Tri-ax, Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors, plus much more...
Slow03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah and trust me I don't want to settle.. I just want to mod one to give the performance and look I want
Old 03-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:
Yeah and trust me I don't want to settle.. I just want to mod one to give the performance and look I want
There is a black gt for sale near me. Don't know how much you want to spend.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

HOW MUCH AND WHERE?
Old 03-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
HOW MUCH AND WHERE?
Paulina. Don't know how much. 15 min from Gonzales.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I like it.. They had a number on it I can call?
Old 03-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
I like it.. They had a number on it I can call?
The second picture had the number 869-9224. Leave a message. The guy that owns matherns supermarkets flips mustangs as a hobby. That's one of his. Really clean.
Ps. I'm not making anything off this. Just trying to find a nice mustang a good home.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah my phone was actin up so couldn't see it.. But I called and the guy answered.. 8500 for it
Old 03-09-2011, 07:07 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Quote:
Yeah my phone was actin up so couldn't see it.. But I called and the guy answered.. 8500 for it
He's been having it for a while. I know it's really clean. I don't know what you are willing to spend. You might be able to talk him down a little. Only prob is he has a lot of money so it's not like he really needs yours. You should go see him anyway. He's got a nice collection.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Could you do an intake swap from a Bullitt to a gt?
Old 03-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple750
Could you do an intake swap from a Bullitt to a gt?
I don't see why not but I don't know if there is much of an advantage.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra

He's been having it for a while. I know it's really clean. I don't know what you are willing to spend. You might be able to talk him down a little. Only prob is he has a lot of money so it's not like he really needs yours. You should go see him anyway. He's got a nice collection.
I may but I no I can't match what he'd ask.. But thanks for tellin me bout it
Old 03-10-2011, 12:30 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Never settle. It took me three years to find a mustang which I liked and could afford. Good things come to those who wait.
mz98snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:14 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I been waiting 5 years and had a few times I could have but had to pass it up. I never settle when comes to anything.. And as I said this is my last chance
Old 03-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

a dark highland green 01 bullitt would be the only color I would get since its the special color for them... you can get black and blue gt's so get a highland green one to be different.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so question.. Someone had told me bout max motorsport subframe connectors as a need mod.. Has anyone herd of csg or cgs subframe connectors?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT