Trying to get some Headers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 6
Trying to get some Headers

ok i was looking into getting some headers and know i have questions! please help.
first of all is there any specific brand anyone thinks is best? also ive been looking around and have seen that most ppl prefer the long tubes so at least i knwo that part. and then i was also looking into the x-pipe or h-pipe. which is better? is there really even a difference between?
also if anyone or anyone u know is selling either, let me know cause buying them brand new from the sites is kinda expensive but ill do it if i have to. thanks
drewmeister910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jamesgt08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,361
Bbk longtubes with bassani o/r xpipe and either magnapacks or borla stingers would be my preference. Lol. And yea there is a difference between x and h pipe.
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 6
Re: Trying to get some Headers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgt08 View Post
Bbk longtubes with bassani o/r xpipe and either magnapacks or borla stingers would be my preference. Lol. And yea there is a difference between x and h pipe.
well i already have borla catback..maybe i should have mentioned that part. i did some reading and it looks like the H pipe would be better for what i have already. i dont mean to be against ur advise but i will definitely look into it more. the BBK longtubes is a for sure thing though
drewmeister910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Trying to get some Headers

generally speaking you get what you pay for~ some just dont fit right, leak, etc so make sure you get a good quality built setup.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
K. You have a 4.6 2v so if you aren't gonna put on long tubes it's not worth it. Shortys will only gain you 5 hp and you will lose bottom end torque. And I plan on buying the Mac prochamber. Long tubes to 3 1/2 inch tips. Best sounding exhaust ever

PETOM.biz TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett
K. You have a 4.6 2v so if you aren't gonna put on long tubes it's not worth it. Shortys will only gain you 5 hp and you will lose bottom end torque. And I plan on buying the Mac prochamber. Long tubes to 3 1/2 inch tips. Best sounding exhaust ever

PETOM.biz TTT
I've seen that some companies don't even make short tubes for the 2v's. Obviously not worth it.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:38 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
USAF_stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 890
Re: Trying to get some Headers

I wanted to get some head too.....oh wait....you said headers haha
Mmm I've heard good thing about Kooks long tubes plus you can normally get the midpipe with it as a package...just remember the longtubes may hang down a little lower.
__________________
USAF_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang
I wanted to get some head too.....oh wait....you said headers haha
Mmm I've heard good thing about Kooks long tubes plus you can normally get the midpipe with it as a package...just remember the longtubes may hang down a little lower.
Speaking of. How's that 40 day thing working out for u? Haven't heard about it in a while. Figuring u may have given up.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra

I've seen that some companies don't even make short tubes for the 2v's. Obviously not worth it.
Bbk shortys give you 5 more hp but costs you 10ft/lbs torque. Long tubes or nothing on a 2v

PETOM.biz TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #10
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 6
Re: Trying to get some Headers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
Bbk shortys give you 5 more hp but costs you 10ft/lbs torque. Long tubes or nothing on a 2v

PETOM.biz TTT
thanks alot for all ur info man. ill definitely be checking out those Mac prochambers u were talking about and keep everyone updated on what i end up doing.
drewmeister910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:17 AM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmeister910

thanks alot for all ur info man. ill definitely be checking out those Mac prochambers u were talking about and keep everyone updated on what i end up doing.
Oh dude. They sound f-ing amazing. A deep deep rumble. Like a lions growl. That's the system I am going with. Amazing sound

PETOM.biz TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

Oh dude. They sound f-ing amazing. A deep deep rumble. Like a lions growl. That's the system I am going with. Amazing sound

PETOM.biz TTT
I don't know Everett. Nobody seems to take our advise about the Mac system. I've had Mac o/r h-pipes and cat backs on 2 separate mustangs of mine and they are the best sounding systems I've heard.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Headers GTRumble 1996-2004 Mustang GT 4 05-13-2010 02:53 PM
headers help? blackonblack Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 7 08-09-2009 06:50 PM
headers help jk7208 1996-2004 Mustang GT 0 07-13-2009 06:23 PM
help with headers COmustang 1996-2004 Mustang GT 1 05-18-2008 06:58 AM
Headers yes or no coolstang Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 24 04-07-2005 04:06 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:57 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.