Bbk why u hang so low - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Bbk why u hang so low

Okay my x pipe hangs low and it's annoying Bc we have speed "humps" in my town is there a way to fix this or em I stuck with it I don't want to spend the money for new one
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
04machazblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Bbk why u hang so low

im in for the answer for this one also

March 2010 Mustangevolution Mustang of the Month 1st eva biatch!
DarkShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

jOE MY X-PIPE IS BBK TOO , It hangs waaaaaay to low also !!!!
I haven't had a lot of luck with their products lately , i put a BBK throttle body on it a few years back , it WOULD NOT Run worth a crap , only good at wide open, idled like crap , surged , etc .... spent hours on a dyno trying to get it tuned to run right , NADA , Needless to say the stock TB is back on it now ,,,
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde
jOE MY X-PIPE IS BBK TOO , It hangs waaaaaay to low also !!!!
I haven't had a lot of luck with their products lately , i put a BBK throttle body on it a few years back , it WOULD NOT Run worth a crap , only good at wide open, idled like crap , surged , etc .... spent hours on a dyno trying to get it tuned to run right , NADA , Needless to say the stock TB is back on it now ,,,
Okay well I feel a lot better since I am not the only one lol and aren't throttle bodies pointless unless u got forced induction. And you know what my buddies car has a 65mm throttle body and it idles like ****
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
I put on a 70 mm Accufab and it really helped top end,3500 and up..I also put a bigger plenum which is really the restriction on a new edge

PETOM.biz TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Well i got a good deal on it so i picked it up , there usually worth a few ponies !! Made a big difference up top , pulled like a bear !!!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde
Well i got a good deal on it so i picked it up , there usually worth a few ponies !! Made a big difference up top , pulled like a bear !!!
What size tb u get
Old 03-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

i had a twin 62mm , port matched the upper plenum too
Old 03-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #9
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

i also run a bbk x-pipe. so did you guys go from stock to aftermarket? stock is 2inches, most aftermarket is gonna be 2.5 inches. the pipes have to be put down lower so they dont rub/vibrate the underbody because of the overall diameter. a half inch doesnt seem like much, but its alot when you are tryn to squeeze it under the car and in between components. you can try to bend it up at the "x" (with a floor jack) to get sum more clearance, but chances are you will make the system rub/vibrate somewhere else.

as far as throttlebodies.... no, you dont have to be supercharged for them to work. however, keep in mind... when you install a larger throttlebody, you are changing the air/fuel ratio and the cars computer has to compensate for it if you dont tune for it.

you will get surging and whistleing just to name a few. my 70ml throttlebody whistled loudly before and after the blower. sometimes fuel pressure has to be increased or mass air meter has to be upgraded to get rid of surging...either way some level of tuning needs to take place.

whenever you do modding, there are always trade-offs..sum better than others.

if you guys are hve huge problems with your bbk products... feel free to email brian @bbk, he is very helpful.

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

ya mine is 2 1/2
it looks like it has plenty of clearance from the floor and they could have put it a little tighter to the car
Old 03-17-2011, 10:30 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

But the other brand x pipes don't hang as low but they come in pieces to adjust and I guess the bbk is a single piece and that's why
Old 03-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

ya i know about the a/f ratio with the throttle body , i spent hours on a dyno
burning and re-burning chips ,adjusting air ,fuel etc .....trying different things to make it work , never seen anything like it , it just wouldn't run right ,.....
Old 03-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #13
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04machazblue View Post
But the other brand x pipes don't hang as low but they come in pieces to adjust and I guess the bbk is a single piece and that's why
you can loosen it up at the headers a bit, then tap it upward, then torque the bolts back down, it may help

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #14

Region: California

Had the same issue on my fox... Never had much luck installing it laying on my back till I got the car up high enough to atually get a flor jack under the center of the x pipe and jacked it up just before it hit the floorbaord. Had to loosen the collectors then re-tighten after I was "happy" with its position... That and the hangers didn't help worth a crap so I just cut them off.... If that still doesn't work, take it to a muffler shop, have them heat up the front section of the pipes and see if they can put a slight bend in them, seen that done with success...
avinaj80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT