Mustang Evolution Forum banner

flowmaster

2K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  svtlx 
#1 ·
Flowmaster american thunder cat back is what I'm looking to purchase for my 04 GT does any one have any pros or cons towards this exhaust? Or any thoughts on it.

Thanks!

#8 ·
If u really want to hear what it sounds like type in 99-04 Gt o/r x pipe and American thunder cat back I think the Gt's sound pretty mean with flows and a x pipe but h pipe sounds nice to either way it's win win =p

#13 ·
You got a v8, you can't go wrong any way you choose, except maybe straight pipes...that may be pushing it, lol.

My buddy has the same setup on his GT...sounds pretty good. He did have to replace a muffler though, it rusted out to the point of needing replacement. Other than that he's been happy with the system.

#20 ·
Kgray1992 said:
Flowmaster american thunder cat back is what I'm looking to purchase for my 04 GT does any one have any pros or cons towards this exhaust? Or any thoughts on it.

Thanks!
I've had flowmasters on my car with an x pipe....def a mean sound and very aggressive. My cons about flows are they are very hard to fit just right I always had a rattle Boise some were from them and they shifted and didnt know and the flows rubbed an indent on my axle.

I prefer MAC cutback and o/r h-pipe.... great sound. I get more compliments out of this system. Oh and MAC is cheaper to buy (TREperformance.com) cat back $313 and h $149 no shipping cost.

#21 ·
I have a bassani X pipe and Flow original 40s and it sounds awesome. Get tons of compliments. And honestly.. I don't even use the radio anymore because it just sounds so amazing. Haha.

But I've also heard nothing but good things about MAC systems.

It's just preference. The GTs all sound mean as hell with whatever you do. Just don't do straights.. Way too loud.

#25 ·
I got borlas and a bbk x pipe and I don't have to listen to my radio ever that's how good my car sounds I got a sound clip on my older post of me at the track but I got my Borla's half off they are pricey but are worth it

#26 ·
Personally I've always preferred chambered mufflers like Flowmasters to the straight through mufflers like Borlas. I'll also second the Mac Prochamber as the best sounding midpipe. It has a very unique sound.

I've always felt the X-pipe and straight through muffler combo ends up sounding more like an exotic Euro car than a Mustang, but that's just me. I'll stick to my boat motor sound...

#28 ·
i agree with bbunt on the euro sound... ive got bbk off road x-pipe and mac cat back. it sets off car alarms just idling through wal-mart parking lot. however, i enjoy not sounding like everyone else's flowmastered mustang. flowmasters has become a staple in the mustang world, and i applaud anyone who has a unique exhaust note that is different than the typical flowmaster rumble.

also, i dont mean any disrespect to anyone who has a flowmaster system... i got sum 40's hang'n up in my garage now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.