Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Door chime issue

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  mrc 
#1 ·
My door chime will go off at random moments when I'm driving and not stop until i open and shut the door. It happens over and over again while I'm driving. Other times It works just fine. Any clues as to how I can fix this? Thanks!

#2 ·
lmao!!! i thought that was only in my car....

#4 ·
im sure there is... i just dont know where. my car is a 4cyl to efi v8 conversion and i had assumed it was in wiring i had jacked up in sum way. mine chimes from time to time and i just lived with it...lol.

#8 ·
what year is your car? The older ones have a switch in them and not a sensor like the newer ones...if it is a newer on there is a way to turn it off by cycling the car on and off and some other stuff like turning off the seatbelt warning...depending on the year.

#10 ·
Oh alright...well check in your door there should be a little peg that gets pressed in to show the door is shut...there could be some sort of problem with that switch either where it gets pressed in or the switch it hits when the door is shut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.